Polaris emails??

gobills

1 hour ago, Sledguy74 said:

Still no delivery for my 650

Hopefully, your delivery date of the end of the month holds up. You really haven't missed much in the way of good weather and trail conditions yet. I feel your pain, but I am optimistic for you.

4 hours ago, tricky said:

Hopefully, your delivery date of the end of the month holds up. You really haven't missed much in the way of good weather and trail conditions yet. I feel your pain, but I am optimistic for you.

Yes tricky your 100% right I haven’t missed much locally, plus work has been nuts right from the first day back after new years

sll I can do is hope and wait ….. for sled AND more snow 

• Like 1

So no update on my XCR, but son is well past break on the VR1 now , at 21 hrs and 500km and not on a single Ofsc trail yet (ditch banging and concession roads). 

Suspect this weekend with all the new snow some trails around kincardine and port Elgin will finally open up!

11429DEC-D9EB-4E84-B65F-D544ABA5AE75.jpeg

• Like 9

LOL!

I think that I finally got my '18 (hold-over 1 yr) through break-in last year.*

But the Doo was 500 smiles I think.

We can ride all day and only put 50 klicks on, so ... Not quite apples/apples....

No, my bad....

"last year" was actually the week before Wuhan lock-down at Halfway.

Not rode much since ....

We were planning on leaving Tuesday, maybe Wednesday.

Then Thursday at the soonest....

To now we're looking at Friday.

We'll get the truck pointed towards snow eventually ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, ecarnell said:

So no update on my XCR, but son is well past break on the VR1 now , at 21 hrs and 500km and not on a single Ofsc trail yet (ditch banging and concession roads). 

Suspect this weekend with all the new snow some trails around kincardine and port Elgin will finally open up!

11429DEC-D9EB-4E84-B65F-D544ABA5AE75.jpeg

A friend of mine is picking up his 850 XCR (129") tomorrow, so it looks like they are starting to ship. Hopefully you'll get yours soon. 

5 hours ago, gobills said:

Still waiting......

X2 X2

• Sad 2

Still waiting 

14 hours ago, gobills said:

Screenshot_20220125-184318_Messenger.thumb.jpg.617307a663d8e7ccb00503715e4abaae.jpgAnd it gets worse.

That's a Purple only feature.

I don't think anyone else has ever used that feature to date.

I don't think I'd lose much sleep over that one.

I’m not overly familiar with Poo so not sure what system they use, but Iassume they didn’t change there throttle control, so might be a bad switch, harness or maybe throttle cable adjusted too tight causing this. 
Cable adjustment would be best case, otherwise dealing with possibly parts shortage to correct. 
Those that already have their units, I agree, it’s wouldn’t be a huge deal for me, but new units not delivered, dealers can’t release. 

Yes I had put them on mine - but not an option from factory order, but OEM option (maybe is on the new ones??).  They have 2 - one magnetic and one a clip like thing.  Simple enough install and plugs into harness.  I had dealer put mine in.  Magnetic link below and non magnetic is like $40. - i have the non magnetic ones.

https://snowmobiles.polaris.com/en-us/shop/accessories/technology-electronics/2889142/

Feel bad for the guys who are still waiting for their new sled only to have it arrive and be told they cant pick it up.    This stop sale will not be sorted out in a few days either.   It could take a month to get new safety switches in stock at Polaris and then sent to dealers.    

There have been a few guys posting that they have had throttle sticking issues on the Mountain forums.    Polaris legal dept will not let any new sleds be released until this is solved.

Here is another conspiracy theory.   What if this is Polaris' way of getting around not delivering sleds on time?    They still have to build a pile of sleds and they can blame the supplier of the switch for any new delays instead of their own incompetence?    They can just say that they arent shipping any more sleds to dealers until this issue is sorted out.    It may buy them a few weeks.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

Feel bad for the guys who are still waiting for their new sled only to have it arrive and be told they cant pick it up.    This stop sale will not be sorted out in a few days either.   It could take a month to get new safety switches in stock at Polaris and then sent to dealers.    

There have been a few guys posting that they have had throttle sticking issues on the Mountain forums.    Polaris legal dept will not let any new sleds be released until this is solved.

Here is another conspiracy theory.   What if this is Polaris' way of getting around not delivering sleds on time?    They still have to build a pile of sleds and they can blame the supplier of the switch for any new delays instead of their own incompetence?    They can just say that they arent shipping any more sleds to dealers until this issue is sorted out.    It may buy them a few weeks.    

Tell me, what is it that you doo for a living?

53 minutes ago, Ox said:

Tell me, what is it that you doo for a living?

Relax Francis  

I never said this was my theory.    Just trying to make some sarcastic humour out of a bad situation.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I just got in some basic commodity alum tube yesterday that I ordered from a service center 3 or 4 months ago.

My custom alum extruder at last note was out 56 weeks I think?

(that's 56, not 5 to 6)

I have 2" ETD150 on order, for March delivery, but I am not betting on it.

I asked for a quote P&A for 70k# of 4140 a cpl months ago.

It took me a month to get an answer from only 1 of 3 mills that I was pinging.

Have never heard back from the other two and I gave up pinging.

I am sure that plastic, electrical components, etc are all seeing the same problem.

Yes, it sucks, but if you have some ability to doo better, you should see a payday right soon!

7 hours ago, scottyr said:

Doesn't this belong in the Monkey Barrel Section,  that is where all the conspiracy theorists are, right?. 🤣

• Haha 1