Polaris emails??

gobills

XCR has “shipped” now.

could be WEEKS with all this border stuff going on 😢

going to pick up my old 800 etec from my dads place to be able to ride with the son , now that trails are open around here.

• Like 2

If was one of these guys I would just call it a year and re-group in 23.

4400C10A-152A-432C-A59B-9CC2209F7E3D.jpeg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

I have to agree that it seems rather pointless to hold out hope for one's '22 snow checked sled in those circumstances. Option 2 or 3 from Polaris seem more appropriate to me. Are there any sleds in Polaris dealer inventory? Next set back will be when the weather changes abruptly and we get an early spring. An acquaintance had his Yamaha SRX build canceled. Found a different '22 model in Yamaha dealer inventory, bought it and is very happy he did. Been riding now for three weeks.

Bad news for sure for anyone that got that.  I can't see much changing for next year at this point.  Im sure manufacturers do not want to release  new sled  models after this year, but who knows.

Tough decision for people to make.  With there being virtually no dealer inventory it would be hard to cancel.  Although I can see snowcheck being extremely limited this year so that might make people hold out.

12 hours ago, scottyr said:

Where is the offer of compensation for them not meeting their contractual obligations?   If you decided that you didn't want to pick up you new sled and pay for until February, they be happy to keep your deposit.   These manufacturers need to be held accountable IMO.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Domino said:

Where is the offer of compensation for them not meeting their contractual obligations?   If you decided that you didn't want to pick up you new sled and pay for until February, they be happy to keep your deposit.   These manufacturers need to be held accountable IMO.

At the moment its a similar deal in pretty much every sector of the economy. I spoke to a commercial truck salesman a couple of months ago. The dealership he works at had 475 sold trucks on order for model year 2022 delivery and the manufacturer they represent all of a sudden told them that their dealership would only be allowed 275 trucks for the full year. So the salesman has to go back and tell their customers well after the order date, Sorry but you aren't getting the trucks you ordered that you need for your business. The customers are upset and the salesman who works on commission just lost a lot of income.

No monetary help from the manufacturer and thats for a commercial product required by the purchaser to operate their business and make an income not for a leisure product.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

At the moment its a similar deal in pretty much every sector of the economy. I spoke to a commercial truck salesman a couple of months ago. The dealership he works at had 475 sold trucks on order for model year 2022 delivery and the manufacturer they represent all of a sudden told them that their dealership would only be allowed 275 trucks for the full year. So the salesman has to go back and tell their customers well after the order date, Sorry but you aren't getting the trucks you ordered that you need for your business. The customers are upset and the salesman who works on commission just lost a lot of income.

No monetary help from the manufacturer and thats for a commercial product required by the purchaser to operate their business and make an income not for a leisure product.

I never got squat for my Ferris either and I still be waiting if I hadn’t cancelled order and got my deposit back. Had to pay 1200 more from dealer b, as switching wasn’t an option. At least Polaris is offering that. 
Are they going to make customers re order their trucks and pay 2023 prices? 
I talked to my feed supplier and they had a bunch of new 2022 trucks cancelled too. This is a company with over 200 trucks in thier fleet. Now they have hired some part time drivers to work into night. 🤣

2 hours ago, Domino said:

Read the fine print.   

Same as your engine blows.  They are not responsible to compensate you for lost time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Domino said:

Without a VIN on a bill sale stating delivery date, there is no contractual obligation.   

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 9:46 AM, RAMSOMAIR said:

do the Polaris have a tether?

I am beginning to think you are obsessed with tethers :poke2:

• Haha 1

In the Polaris instance I am asking as it is a simple way to be safe if the throttle has issues as per the recall.

As for the BRP tether, the issue is theft and insurance. If the DESS is knowingly faulty from the factory then some onus should be put on the manufacturer.

4 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

In the Polaris instance I am asking as it is a simple way to be safe if the throttle has issues as per the recall.

As for the BRP tether, the issue is theft and insurance. If the DESS is knowingly faulty from the factory then some onus should be put on the manufacturer.

The throttle issue is certainly a safety issue , but I would be more inclined to use my Kill Switch than pull the tether if my throttle was stuck…but that’s just me maybe. With the Doos it is not an insurance issue and seems like more sleds being stolen other than 22’s. In fact , I haven’t seen one post yet about a 22 stolen.   BRP has given post locks to the dealers for the customers that purchased 22’s without DESS. Picked mine up and they work great.  So at least they have been quick to act and offer a solution at no charge. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

See, all circles back to the DESS😁
Just kidding though. …:cheers:

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, scottyr said:

9 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

I never got squat for my Ferris either and I still be waiting if I hadn’t cancelled order and got my deposit back. Had to pay 1200 more from dealer b, as switching wasn’t an option. At least Polaris is offering that. 
Are they going to make customers re order their trucks and pay 2023 prices? 
I talked to my feed supplier and they had a bunch of new 2022 trucks cancelled too. This is a company with over 200 trucks in thier fleet. Now they have hired some part time drivers to work into night. 🤣

Mind me asking who you get your feed from?

1 hour ago, catinental couch said:

Not allowed to race without one. The way a bunch of weekend warriors drive, it should be mandatory!! :icon_tinykitball:

I also ride with one as I believe it is also a safety issue - however, I think if I had a stuck throttle I would instinctively go for the kill switch - just my own personal thing I guess.

Dealer called this morning and sled arrived yesterday, will be picking it up in a few days !!

Getting excited now 🙂

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, Sledguy74 said:

Dealer called this morning and sled arrived yesterday, will be picking it up in a few days !!

Getting excited now 🙂

And you haven't missed much good sledding yet!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tricky said:

And you haven't missed much good sledding yet!

yea, not bad for timing. hope we get all the snow they are calling for, already booking some vacation days 

• Like 1

Mrs Nunz sled is at the dealer, picking it up by the weekend, Mine is still in transit. 

• Like 16