First Trails in Ontario Are Open

Mrs Turbo Doo

Check your phone app, there they show up.

1 minute ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Oh. Just went to the OFSC website and clicked on interactive map and shows red. Why would the app show different?

Different method of updating??? The App has greater refresh rate???

39 minutes ago, Yamatario said:

Different method of updating??? The App has greater refresh rate???

If this turns out to be true, that's a fine mess. As long as nobody gets upset when those of us not using the phone app, get caught running a "red" trail when the non-app ITG hasn't been updated. I had the feeling that some of that may have been going on in March 2021.

But  Mrs TD's basic assertion is good news, for sure.

• Like 1

Don't have the phone app and not a tech guy.

My only way is to check on line - or ask around and go!

Looks good to me though.

Lets get the season going

The online ITG is updated now to show the yellow trail.. however the BRP Go app is not.. hmm..

If I remember correctly, it is up to the club to have their District office update the ITG. The OFSC used to (may still) require updates during the season on Mondays and Thursdays. If a club had updates they wanted at other times, it was done by the club's District office. Not sure how App updating works.

30KM, so 45mins up and 45mins back. Kind of like cruising Toronto's Young St from Bloor down to the lake, back in the 70's.

45 mins of stop and go traffic...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Gadgetman said:

30KM, so 45mins up and 45mins back. Kind of like cruising Toronto's Young St from Bloor down to the lake, back in the 70's.

Good start for locals. I would never go there before middle of January. I don’t like crowded limited trails. Best trails are in March in area. Gone many times third week of March and has been fantastic. Try to go week before or after March break if conditions hold. 

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

Ofsc app works fine so not sure why go app is not up to date. Refresh button on it or is a glitch since it’s new this year 

BRP Go seems to either show dotted Red for unavailable, or blue for available.  Maybe they only go blue when the ITC shows green?  That's a weakness to me if that is in fact the case..

• Confused 1

And now Hearst open as well! Merci, Club Voyageur de Hearst. I'm loving it! 

• Like 5

plus one for gadget mans memory of young st drive 70s circa ...69 nova ss 396 now that was trouble and fun depending on your luck