where would you like to ride this winter

Candubrain

Anywhere will work for me.

Most likely - March ride deep north after hockey season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gadgetman said:

Brain,

You are showing your age. I was on a business trip in San Fransico with a young female work colleague years ago. We were in different hotels. So at the end of the work day, I suggested we hook up later and have dinner, discuss the work plan for the next day. She looked me in the eye, smiled and said: " you and I will never hook-up". The term "hook-up" has an entirely different meaning these days to when you and I used it decades ago. It no longer means "meet up" :-)

oh?   too much to know now, especially with all the passwords, lol   Thanks for telling me

Going up north either Ontario or Quebec right after Christmas, northern Ontario and Quebec during the season, and hopefully Gaspe in March...if the damn sled ever gets here.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Spanky said:

Going up north either Ontario or Quebec right after Christmas, northern Ontario and Quebec during the season, and hopefully Gaspe in March...if the damn sled ever gets here.

Gaspe and Spring storms - Nice. This is a mid Feb storm, which ended up shortening the trip for everyone, and ending the season for me. Gaspe, you have to factor in weather days. It can take them 2 days to get trails open after a storm. Great riding when the trails are open.

IMG-20190226-WA0001.jpg

• Like 2

Last few years been thinking of just heading out the back yard, onto the A trail and just keep heading west. Been to Cochrane and Hearst multiple times, but just once I think I'd like to try it without the truck. Kinda like a Forest Gump type thing, just keep going till I get tired, then just turn around. 

Maybe this is the year, never know.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gadgetman said:

Gaspe and Spring storms - Nice. This is a mid Feb storm, which ended up shortening the trip for everyone, and ending the season for me. Gaspe, you have to factor in weather days. It can take them 2 days to get trails open after a storm. Great riding when the trails are open.

IMG-20190226-WA0001.jpg

I here ya lol

DD2F1707-7710-465F-8B7D-F3D939CC6409.jpeg

• Like 4

For me I hope the run between Point au Baril and South River are open and green this year. Have a trip to Kap planned for the xmas/ny week followed by north of Mont Laurier in late Jan.

Would love to go to the Gaspe but that likely next year.

all in all, I just hope we get great conditions and we don't suffer a health region shutdown because of COVID ignorance.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Gadgetman said:

IMG-20190226-WA0001.jpg

Yikes!  Thankfully two of the guys I'd be going with have done the Gaspe before, all I have to do is load my sled into the trailer and pack me stuff...

Great topic.

District 1 - never been. Would enjoy riding in the Kingston, Ottawa, Cornwall area.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Canuck said:

Great topic.

District 1 - never been. Would enjoy riding in the Kingston, Ottawa, Cornwall area.

Check out the 4 Tour Loops in UCSR D-1.

https://ucsr.ca/trail-loops/

and we hope to have some exciting news about new riding opportunities in the next week or so.  

Stay tuned. 

• Like 3

That's a fantastic summary. I'd  created something similar in idle summer moments. This is perfect. Thanks.

10 hours ago, Canuck said:

Great topic.

Count me in for district 1 never been. 

District 1 and  17 are the last of the districts for my bucket list. Ridden the rest.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Canuck said:

Great topic.

Morrisberg, McIntosh country Inn is a nice place to stage from. Great trails, lots of towns, field running.

• Thanks 2

7AD477E3-1ABD-4C50-9A40-F458619B7783.png

4F04BC20-FFB2-4487-B23F-8C7EB4C2D0C6.png

Early Feb. have 5 day trip planned in the Mont Laurier/ Saint Michael does Saints area.

Late February doing a 6 day New Brunswick/ Gaspe trip. Likely 3 days in each province all depending on the weather.

March Break my wife and l will do a final trip, location depending on where there is still good conditions. Likely back to the Gaspe Bay.

• Like 2

On 12/2/2021 at 2:23 PM, Crow said:

Last few years been thinking of just heading out the back yard, onto the A trail and just keep heading west. Been to Cochrane and Hearst multiple times, but just once I think I'd like to try it without the truck. Kinda like a Forest Gump type thing, just keep going till I get tired, then just turn around. 

Maybe this is the year, never know.

I hope it doesn't turn into a Thelma and Louise :icon_dance-cpatch:

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Fuse6 said:

7AD477E3-1ABD-4C50-9A40-F458619B7783.png

4F04BC20-FFB2-4487-B23F-8C7EB4C2D0C6.png

Early Feb. have 5 day trip planned in the Mont Laurier/ Saint Michael does Saints area.

Late February doing a 6 day New Brunswick/ Gaspe trip. Likely 3 days in each province all depending on the weather.

March Break my wife and l will do a final trip, location depending on where there is still good conditions. Likely back to the Gaspe Bay.

New Brunswick is on my bucket list.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Yamatario said:

New Brunswick is on my bucket list.

We went there for the first time in 2018 and did 1900 km over five days in northern NB. Great riding there, not as scenic as the Gaspe. Lot of it is fast riding.

• Like 2

On 12/1/2021 at 3:25 PM, Candubrain said:

Where haven't you been for a while or never had the chance to go there and would like to ride the area this winter?

brian

For the 28th year in a row, I will ride where and when the best snow is, in Ontario. Prior to that I would have answered Muskoka/ Haliburton, but a couple of real lean snow years taught me to be ready by December and travel where the best snow is, as soon as its groomed. As for a date when I will sled, I would have more luck predicting my 11 year old grandson's wedding date. I have been fortunate to always have had at least one riding buddy that sees things the same way I do, and will drop almost everything for good sledding. That philosophy has taken us all over the province with different years providing 'highlight reel' sledding from Tweed to Manitouwadge and everywhere in between. I have thoroughly enjoyed the Ottawa Valley, Southwestern Ontario, Parry Sound/North Bay District, NCDN and District 12, 13,  and 14, but if I could have good snow in just one area this winter, I would want it to be from Searchmont to Hearst and points west. That area is a charm, and to date, I have never encountered it 'crowded' or used up. I sure hope I have no influence on where others want to sled this year. See you on the snow(or in the hotel, or the parking lot).

Rick

• Like 10