where would you like to ride this winter

Candubrain

Where haven't you been for a while or never had the chance to go there and would like to ride the area this winter?

brian

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

I'm hoping to ride my new 2 '22s this season. After that is a bonus. As for actual plans,  lots of Quebec and NCDN....

Any ETA on your machines?    My buddy at St Onge said that there is a ton of 900Rs getting built/shipped in Dec.    Hopefully yours gets built and has all the parts.  

hoping we can get a group together from the forum, for a northern loop meet n greet. if we get to ride this winter, I will be happy. missed last season altogether. Ski

• Like 7

Haven't been north of Port Loring for several years, sucks when life gets in the way. Hoping this year to at least get up to Sudbury but Cochrane would be icing on the cake!

• Like 2

Probably not this year, I have never been west of Red Rock, I really wanna ride lake of the woods sometime. The only other area I have never been is Havlock , Ottawa area. I don't think there will be much big riding for me till the plandemic subsides.....that doesn't seem to fit the agenda yet, so just local stuff as conditions permit for me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Candubrain said:

Where haven't you been for a while or never had the chance to go there and would like to ride the area this winter?

brian

Booked in Timmins Jan 17 to 21 at Cedar Meadows as a hub, I have only passed through Timmins two years ago on the sled coming from Cochrane, so I am looking for good  trail number recommendations from people who have ridden the area, any suggestions ? Enjoy day long rides with some scenery.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Muskoka Bill said:

Booked in Timmins Jan 17 to 21 at Cedar Meadows as a hub, I have only passed through Timmins two years ago on the sled coming from Cochrane, so I am looking for good  trail number recommendations from people who have ridden the area, any suggestions ? Enjoy day long rides with some scenery.

Head north loop around Kap and Moonbeam,  don't ask why, you will find out why. Loop over to Iroquois falls up to Cochrane over to Smooth Rock Falls and back down to Timmins.  South on C, lunch at Auld Reekie,  back north on L143. LOTS to choose from.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

Any ETA on your machines?    My buddy at St Onge said that there is a ton of 900Rs getting built/shipped in Dec.    Hopefully yours gets built and has all the parts.  

Trying to figure out how to answer this. This is pretty close..

die.gif

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Trying to figure out how to answer this. This is pretty close..

die.gif

My 2 new '22 Doo's better be ready by December, or they can keep em...Poo it'll be, unless they screw up too.

Change your mind? 

• Haha 1

In talks with my brother who just moved to NB about a trip out East with a small group.....maybe start around Quebec City and head up to Chiboug or start around RDL and head to Gaspe.

Otherwise, expect to ride around Dorset and surrounding area, Snowcrest territory,.....and I am sure some other places too.

Hoping to take the kids with me on a few rides - just need the 1+1 seat to come in.

And thankful my ride showed up - my brother was trying to convince me to still do the trip and I could ride his Barney.....really was not warming up to that idea all that much....

• Like 4

I would like to ride the south of the province.

Will definitely make 1 trip somewhere this year

• Like 3

Planning Gaspie for the third week of January and definitely got to get back to Dubreuilville haven’t been there since March of 2020 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, soupkids said:

I would like to ride the south of the province.

Will definitely make 1 trip somewhere this year

Its my turn to show you around the area. If ever in lower d9, let me know.

• Like 3

Booked Val D'or again for 3 days. Hoping third time a charm. Had to cancel last two times. 

• Like 3

My list is WAY too long to put all down here, and most of it .... all of it? ... is tens of hours in the truck away.

From the border line in Main, to Chama, Flagstaff, some of those great mtns I have seen pics of in central California (before it falls off), Hood, St Helens, all over BC and AB, and on up to AK. And a lot in between!

I have a 55 gal drum list!

Self employed doesn't leave much time, let alone to go somewhere that really takes 2 weeks or more...

First World problems...

• Like 1

There are so many choices, both within and outside of the Province.   I have a couple former coworker friends that are in Eastern Ontario I would like to hook up with this winter.   I'm going to play the wait and see how D9 makes out for snow before planning trips outside of the area, thinking more late season.

brian

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Head north loop around Kap and Moonbeam,  don't ask why, you will find out why. Loop over to Iroquois falls up to Cochrane over to Smooth Rock Falls and back down to Timmins.  South on C, lunch at Auld Reekie,  back north on L143. LOTS to choose from.

I incorporate the L143 and Auld Reekie lunch and fuel stop on our trips when we stage out of NL and head to Timmins first. (This year Cochrane first (counter-clockwise trip). 

May use that route coming out of Timmins this year back to NL. (The new Polaris owner is unsure if he can make that distance?)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Candubrain said:

There are so many choices, both within and outside of the Province.   I have a couple former coworker friends that are in Eastern Ontario I would like to hook up with this winter.   I'm going to play the wait and see how D9 makes out for snow before planning trips outside of the area, thinking more late season.

brian

I'm Eastern ON, and there are some "special" trail numbering scenarios here in the Eastern townships, that may make the day frustrating without a "heads-up".

Example: South on the A213, then take the 30. It wont be marked East or South...It really helps to know the town names in the direction you want to go..

A213.JPG

If you are including the Pembroke area, I have a favorite ride from Pembroke to Specticle Lake lodge that you should consider.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gadgetman said:

I'm Eastern ON, and there are some "special" trail numbering scenarios here in the Eastern townships, that may make the day frustrating without a "heads-up".

Example: South on the A213, then take the 30. It wont be marked East or South...It really helps to know the town names in the direction you want to go..

A213.JPG

If you are including the Pembroke area, I have a favorite ride from Pembroke to Specticle Lake lodge that you should consider.

I'm hoping to play follow the leader...lol.   Thanks, I may ask you for your trip plan.

brian

25 minutes ago, Candubrain said:

brian

Brain,

You are showing your age. I was on a business trip in San Fransico with a young female work colleague years ago. We were in different hotels. So at the end of the work day, I suggested we hook up later and have dinner, discuss the work plan for the next day. She looked me in the eye, smiled and said: " you and I will never hook-up". The term "hook-up" has an entirely different meaning these days to when you and I used it decades ago. It no longer means "meet up" :-)

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

New Brunswick is on our radar hopefully, at least one trip to Northern Ontario and lots of local riding. Would also like to ride District 9

• Like 3