The Jolly is back

Wildbill

13 hours ago, LuvMyViper said:

hmmmmm.. OC reunion weekend? Will the bar be open too?

Great idea!! I would be into that for sure!!

We could tie it into a celebration of 02 and Sledjunk as well.

• Like 7

What about the hotel?

When I go on Super 8, and look for prices for this winter, it shows as unavailable for those days.  Is the hotel still open?

It's no longer a Super 8, just Jolly Rogers.

• Like 1

I'd be in for it as well

Now we need someone to set a date so we can book rooms.

3 minutes ago, Wildbill said:

ask mother nature 

I'm sure if a date in February was picked it would be fine

On 12/1/2021 at 8:47 PM, soupkids said:

I'm sure if a date in February was picked it would be fine

Seen it pouring rain in February too some years in area. Normally January melt happens middle or third week of January then good after that until March. First or second week of February is probabily best time for area and not too busy, since lots of trails open further south normally. 

Used to do a poker run that was based at the Jolly.....not sure how many years we did it, but I recall that we had one year that had really good conditions, all others were less than ideal (for my liking that is), the terrain around there is so rocky and needs lots of snow.

Otherwise drove my the Jolly a few weeks ago and noticed the signage change - thought to myself that is a really good sign!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, stoney said:

Used to do a poker run that was based at the Jolly.....not sure how many years we did it, but I recall that we had one year that had really good conditions, all others were less than ideal (for my liking that is), the terrain around there is so rocky and needs lots of snow.

Otherwise drove my the Jolly a few weeks ago and noticed the signage change - thought to myself that is a really good sign!

Sequin always ok to get out of town and snow normally gets better as you head towards kearny. That’s one good thing about area. Not feeling so good about a group weekend ride though. 

4 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Sequin always ok to get out of town and snow normally gets better as you head towards kearny. That’s one good thing about area. Not feeling so good about a group weekend ride though. 

Yes, Seguin is usually pretty good.....but if I remember, the route did not use it much, likely to try and stay away from the busier areas.

It was always a fun poker run, good group and the route was not bad, just lots of carbides clanging off of rocks.

1 hour ago, stoney said:

Yes, Seguin is usually pretty good.....but if I remember, the route did not use it much, likely to try and stay away from the busier areas.

It was always a fun poker run, good group and the route was not bad, just lots of carbides clanging off of rocks.

Sounds like hailburton area during all those low snow years. Even took a chunk out of one of my ski’s during one ride. Maybe foam noodles off poo might come in handy on ski’s 😎

• Haha 1

Glad that golden griddle is long gone, that place use to be busy every weekend when it was on its own ,hope things turn around with new restaurant 

• Like 1

Glad to see the Jolly revived .  My company framed the 2 story building with the 30  motel rooms , Which seems like a life time ago . Ingrid and Ernie were the best . Took a few of us out on the boat weekly ,more than once we had to drive the boat back to the dock , good times . The Jolly rocked .

• Like 3