The Lunacy Begins

Muskoka Bill

So let me get this straight, buddy is out there on a sled, is not allowed to operate a motor vehicle obviously due to past trouble, has a valid arrest warrant against him so they arrest him and let him go, hoping he'll show up to face charges??? Did I read that right 

4 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

So let me get this straight, buddy is out there on a sled, is not allowed to operate a motor vehicle obviously due to past trouble, has a valid arrest warrant against him so they arrest him and let him go, hoping he'll show up to face charges??? Did I read that right 

You read it right.

But god forbid, don't take your mask off indoors........

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, oldslowsledder said:

That doesnt make sense to you?

• Like 1

it must be tough, being a police officer. Arrest, let go, rinse, repeat.

Like that carnival game - Whack a Moal. You hit it, it pops down. Then pops up again.

• Like 3

Wonder if he is mentally challenged??

13 hours ago, Wildbill said:

we need ice first

Frozen right in front of me, all the way to the other side (island). I could hear a boat breaking ice down the main channel, some construction company trying to get out to an island job.

Pretty noisy, bet the prop and hull took a beating

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, oldslowsledder said:

Sadly yes

Look, if a joker has a warrant out for him already, and then goes out and advertises "Hey buddy - I'm right here!"

Then I see no reason for the other side to say "Yeah, well .... stop back next week and we'll discuss it."

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here we go again:

FROM PINERIDGE S.C.  F/B PAGE

Well folks, the season is barely started and NO trails open yet and we have a landowner complaint on our hands and will have to re-route a trail west of Exeter heading to the swamp due to sledders riding on a Closed trail crossing a wheat field. I get your keen but you just cost us a trail, ticked off a farmer and created a bunch of work for volunteers that don’t need more work. STAY OFF CLOSED trails and refer to ITG for their status, it’s that simple.
May be an image of road

• Sad 2

Can't fix stupid, but we're getting to the point where snow fencing and/or some form of a "block" need to be at  easy trail access locations until they are open.

It's a late start - people are "itching" etc. 

No win - only a lose for everyone

• Like 1

No enforcement, no consequences, and everyone knows it.

Not a recipe for longevity.

Sorry for the negativity, but as a somewhat new return to sledding, I just can't understand this. 

23 minutes ago, manotickmike said:

No enforcement, no consequences, and everyone knows it.

Not a recipe for longevity.

Sorry for the negativity, but as a somewhat new return to sledding, I just can't understand this. 

Agreed, the changes in enforcement that have been made might lead some to think that someone wants organized snowmobiling to disappear from Ontario.

12 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Here we go again:

FROM PINERIDGE S.C.  F/B PAGE

Well folks, the season is barely started and NO trails open yet and we have a landowner complaint on our hands and will have to re-route a trail west of Exeter heading to the swamp due to sledders riding on a Closed trail crossing a wheat field. I get your keen but you just cost us a trail, ticked off a farmer and created a bunch of work for volunteers that don’t need more work. STAY OFF CLOSED trails and refer to ITG for their status, it’s that simple.
May be an image of road

Such a kick in the face to the land owner and all the 20+ volunteers that worked hard on Saturday to open a new  connecting trail  to that one on the north end of the swamp.

The above pic shows me that they obviously have no respect for their own property (sleds) so why would they have any respect for someone else’s property or a closed trail for that matter.

Our club lost a trail that’s been in existence since ‘78, and a long time landowner had enough and there is no route around him, we tried.

I am curious how many ride right past my 12 Trail Closed signs.

18 minutes ago, Crow said:

The above pic shows me that they obviously have no respect for their own property (sleds) so why would they have any respect for someone else’s property or a closed trail for that matter.

Our club lost a trail that’s been in existence since ‘78, and a long time landowner had enough and there is no route around him, we tried.

I am curious how many ride right past my 12 Trail Closed signs.

Agree.

Lost this season, or in the past? A D1 trail, and where if you don't mind saying?

thanks.