From Happy Wanderers...

Turbo Doo

We have a good relationship with KATVA and OF4WD and many times we share the cost/labour on mutually beneficial projects.

Maybe they can reach out to the other user groups of those trails for assistance.

We have the same problems on some of our trails. The only ATV/SXS trail  around is a railbed, the damaged trails are old road allowances, therefore there is no way the ATV club would assist with repairs. We have given up on spending time and money on repairs, just wait for more snow to open the trail up. Enough other stuff to do as is.

21 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Such a tough spot for clubs and volunteers to be in, with regards to this, and alot of other issues. 

One of the reasons I stopped riding ATV's they do so much environmental damage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Atv's dont do the damage, it all lies with the guy sitting on the seat holding the handlebars

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

I ride mine mainly on roads and hard packed trails and could care less for going through mud holes.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I ride mine mainly on roads and hard packed trails and could care less for going through mud holes.  

37 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

agreed but How many guys  go nicely through mudholes.?

Well, Arctic Crusher and me, make two, I'm sure there are many more of us out there as well.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Hats off to the Clubs and volunteers. A ton of work each and every season.  

Screenshot_20211125-220220_Samsung Internet.jpg

3 minutes ago, Dave K said:

Well, Arctic Crusher and me, make two, I'm sure there are many more of us out there as well.

read above. 

2 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

agreed but How many guys  go nicely through mudholes.?

Not making excuses but the riders are on legal trails.  I could care less for mud holes and try my best to avoid them, we also have sledders riding reckless through private property.  What's the solution?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Same here.

• Like 1

Well the ATV-ers don’t seem to have to pay the same as sledders do. I’m close to a rail trail and lots of ATV traffic and not very many pay their way with a permit. Tearing the hell out of the rail bed and then the snowmobile club ends up forking out the funds to fix it. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Well the ATV-ers don’t seem to have to pay the same as sledders do. I’m close to a rail trail and lots of ATV traffic and not very many pay their way with a permit. Tearing the hell out of the rail bed and then the snowmobile club ends up forking out the funds to fix it. 

Maybe the atvers should pay more.  I support that 100% but atvs are not limited to groomed trails like sleds.

There is a lot worse sections of that trail. No big rocks in that at least. Groomable with snow! If the happy wanderers need anything, it is a new warm up hut and stove. Best early season trails in district 7 but the worst warm up hut. 

1 hour ago, Steve F6 said:

There is a lot worse sections of that trail. No big rocks in that at least. Groomable with snow! If the happy wanderers need anything, it is a new warm up hut and stove. Best early season trails in district 7 but the worst warm up hut. 

Lol… warm up shacks in southern Ontario j/k

I like the Happy Wanderers' warm up shack "The Irishman's Resting Place" on B Trail. Have stopped there a few times to crack open a thermos of hot chocolate or coffee. 

20210307_155415.jpg

20210308_164734.jpg

• Like 6

Doo you haft'a be a Mick to be allowed in?

• Haha 1

Sean’s are allowed in, but Shawn’s are not. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Re:Leaf said:

Sean’s are allowed in, but Shawn’s are not. 

I would concur 😜

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Blake G said:

I like the Happy Wanderers' warm up shack "The Irishman's Resting Place" on B Trail. Have stopped there a few times to crack open a thermos of hot chocolate or coffee. 

20210307_155415.jpg

20210308_164734.jpg

Is that named after the leprechaun on this forum by any chance? I knew he had a cabin some where around there. Now I know thanks 😎

On 11/26/2021 at 3:42 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

Not making excuses but the riders are on legal trails.  I could care less for mud holes and try my best to avoid them, we also have sledders riding reckless through private property.  What's the solution?

A lot of the same bunch, or for certain same "don't give a F" mindset