Trailer News....

Turbo Doo

3 hours ago, scottyr said:

I had a 2011 Dakota with a 4.7V8 and I loved that truck.   It was the perfect size for my uses.  I wish Dodge/Ram would bring it back.   

3 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

I would order one tomorrow with the Pentistar 6 and 3.55 limited slip 4x4 if they brought it back.  I don't want a behemoth but don't see a way around it right now.

3 hours ago, Spiderman said:

I had an 04 and an 09 and loved both of those trucks.

Shame Dodge is only making transport trucks these days

I had an 01 with the 4.7 - it was an awesome truck, only sold it because I bought an enclosed car trailer that was too much for the little engine that could.

Could not go back now though, I like my full size trucks.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, soupkids said:

Glad I bought a new one  last year

Glad I bought an 8ft 6in by 24 ft used trailer early this year. If I wanted to sell it now, I could make a profit. I won’t sell it because it does exactly what I want it to do right now. I was there with the cash before three other guys got a chance to look at it. 

• Like 1

Trailer inventory is good in Elkhart  Indiana they are making them everyday. Buy direct from mfg. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Lucky me😄, finally picked up my new trailer, ordered in June.

Now will do rustproofing, install front, rear superclamps and ready to enjoy my season.🤩

20220118_162853.jpg

• Like 7

On 12/22/2021 at 3:28 PM, Big Pussy said:

I would order one tomorrow with the Pentistar 6 and 3.55 limited slip 4x4 if they brought it back.  I don't want a behemoth but don't see a way around it right now.

X2, including the previously mentioned 40 Creek. Ram was working on a smaller pick-up - not sure what happened. Maybe delayed and come out as an EV. I sure hope they don't think that Jeep pick-up is a replacement for a decent Dakota.

2 hours ago, andreyboater said:

Lucky me😄, finally picked up my new trailer, ordered in June.

Now will do rustproofing, install front, rear superclamps and ready to enjoy my season.🤩

20220118_162853.jpg

Congrats, did you get it at Georgian Bay Trailers?

On 11/27/2021 at 10:15 AM, scottyr said:

Tritons quality has really dropped in the last few years and they are pricing themselves out of the market at the same time.  

I have a TC167 that has been ok at best but my 2022 PWC trailer is a POS.   In hindsight, I would not have taken delivery of it.    Wheels pitting within weeks of taking ownership, winches not working properly and blown out lights have made it a huge disappointment.  

I bought an enclosed made by forest river. Seems well built, but time will tell. I think quality in near every product is declining.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

Congrats, did you get it at Georgian Bay Trailers?

Thank you, yes I got it from Georgian bay guys.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zoso said:

I bought an enclosed made by forest river. Seems well built, but time will tell. I think quality in near every product is declining.

Blame the consumer only!

If 2 trailers are setting side by side, and look aboot the same, that cheaper one will go first 90% of the time.

Most consumers can't even quantify the differences in the products to begin with. 

And if they make it better, then someone is fussing b/c it's too heavy.

You want strong and light - we can build it out of 7075. ($)

But then it's expensive.

You want it strong and cheap, we can build it out of 6061.

But then it's heavy.

So it ends up git'n built out of the lightest cross section of 6061 that can doo the job, and then folks fuss when it starts failing prematurely.

• Like 3

You’re correct Ox. I bought a cheap brand new trailer a few years ago, and I didn’t know the difference in build quality. I found out a few years later when the rear top corners of the trailer failed prematurely. 

BA39795E-0DA3-484A-9E09-0C0C206D9705.png

73FB82BD-7236-48B3-ACF7-DAF978864DB6.png

• Sad 3

7 hours ago, Re:Leaf said:

You’re correct Ox. I bought a cheap brand new trailer a few years ago, and I didn’t know the difference in build quality. I found out a few years later when the rear top corners of the trailer failed prematurely. 

BA39795E-0DA3-484A-9E09-0C0C206D9705.png

73FB82BD-7236-48B3-ACF7-DAF978864DB6.png

Holy crap that's awful. 

Did you drive that down the road with the door up maybe?

I used the trailer for transporting my snowmobiles in the winter and for my business the rest of the year. It got a lot of use and I may have over worked it. I will source a stronger trailer next time, and pay the extra money. I couldn’t afford a Triton at the time so I bought the cheapest one available at the Toronto snowmobile show.  I got what I paid for. 

FFFD1E8B-C1BF-4A2C-89D1-CA7D1130B198.jpeg

1776C660-D209-4B04-AC7B-BF43181BB99D.jpeg

Dont take this personally but that trailer looks beat to f-ck.     I think you needed a more commercial-use trailer than that one. 

What brand is it?    

• Like 1

I totally agree. That’s why I said next time I will spend more money, and buy a better trailer suited for my needs. Ox pointed out that cheap and strong doesn’t exist.