Trailer News....

Turbo Doo

Tritons quality has really dropped in the last few years and they are pricing themselves out of the market at the same time.  

I have a TC167 that has been ok at best but my 2022 PWC trailer is a POS.   In hindsight, I would not have taken delivery of it.    Wheels pitting within weeks of taking ownership, winches not working properly and blown out lights have made it a huge disappointment.  

47 minutes ago, scottyr said:

Tritons quality has really dropped in the last few years and they are pricing themselves out of the market at the same time.  

I have a TC167 that has been ok at best but my 2022 PWC trailer is a POS.   In hindsight, I would not have taken delivery of it.    Wheels pitting within weeks of taking ownership, winches not working properly and blown out lights have made it a huge disappointment.  

All of which are "sourced" products, and I understand that they are the ones sourcing them ...

But - what aboot the main construction?

No - I don't have a dog in this race.

I don't have a "skidoo" trailer.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2021 at 11:04 AM, Ox said:

All of which are "sourced" products, and I understand that they are the ones sourcing them ...

But - what aboot the main construction?

No - I don't have a dog in this race.

I don't have a "skidoo" trailer.

I guess the frame of the PWC trailer is fine but it was new in August.   I just feel that I shouldnt have to ask Triton to warranty both alloy wheels, both winches and 2 marker lights in such a short period of time.    I just dont feel like I got good value in this "Premium" trailer so far.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I guess the frame of the PWC trailer is fine but it was new in August.   I just feel that I shouldnt have to ask Triton to warranty both alloy wheels, both winches and 2 marker lights in such a short period of time.    I just dont feel like I got good value in this "Premium" trailer so far.  

Your expectations are too high in this day and age…. Lol. 

Joking aside, that’s sad and it’s only seen the softest part of our year, wait until the harshest part is over!

A bit off topic but has anyone actually seen a new Triton trailer for sale anywhere?    All of the big dealers dont seem to have anything in stock.  

12 hours ago, scottyr said:

A bit off topic but has anyone actually seen a new Triton trailer for sale anywhere?    All of the big dealers dont seem to have anything in stock.  

I was at Reinhart Trailer Sales in Shelburne last Saturday,  and they had 3 PRs there, like the one I bought from them last year.  I was told that everything is pre-sold, and they never received everything that they had ordered.  Both Scott Reinhart, and John Hare, a sales guy there, said its a long wait for a PR Series Triton..And of course,  costs have skyrocketed. The PR pricing now is crazy...Have a quote for a PR187, I bought a PR147, and have been thinking of upgrading but, wow, she's pricey..

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2021 at 10:15 AM, scottyr said:

Seems no one cares about quality of anything at moment. Doesn’t matter what it is. I had a 3700 dollar manure bucket get damaged by employees at dealer using forks to lift bucket up to load on trailer. Nice enamel paint scraped right to bare metal. No reason they could have got a few guys and loaded it on bottom and push it on forks and pull it off onto trailer. Easy to slide on metal forks. But no they had to lift it inside bucket and scrape it all to bare metal 😂. Then they blame manufacturer and I inspected bucket proper to delivery to me since I had to pay for it before they would delivery it. It was in perfect condition then.  Off topic sorry for rant but it is just an exmaple

no one cares today. I wouldn’t order,  Anything now until things improve. Everyone is short workers and parts etc. Local dealers have almost zero vehicles in stock to sell too. I bet they love to have corvette back on thier lot too come spring time. But even if I could get a new one, It could be a POS. 😂

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm stuck with my new trailer purchase. I ordered a new trailer from Georgian Bay trailers and put a deposit in June, still can't get it, last time I was told it's coming before Christmas, now in the middle of January. Production is way behind schedule and like they say "We can't sell what we don't have". Also they increased the price by $1000. I sold my old trailer, better to say I took a deposit for it and now I'm between two walls. Last thing I want, it's stuck for a winter without a trailer. 🤔   

• Sad 3

6 minutes ago, andreyboater said:

I'm stuck with my new trailer purchase. I ordered a new trailer from Georgian Bay trailers and put a deposit in June, still can't get it, last time I was told it's coming before Christmas, now in the middle of January. Production is way behind schedule and like they say "We can't sell what we don't have". Also they increased the price by $1000. I sold my old trailer, better to say I took a deposit for it and now I'm between two walls. Last thing I want, it's stuck for a winter without a trailer. 🤔   

Sucks. You can always rent a u haul van. 
I had no zero turn for months. Thankfully it was just an addition and still had tractor. I wanted and waited for it and got tired of all excuses and got my money back. Dealer never got it. Hopefully your trailer comes in soon, but with boarder going for a you know what going to be hard to get them here now too. 

• Thanks 1

I sold my double-wide aluminum to a gentleman for a bargain price, with anticipation of upgrading to a new trailer.  Now that supply issues are front-and-center and prices have gone skyward, I'm now on hold.  I still have one trailer and will hang on to it like glue.

• Like 1

Glad I bought a new one  last year

• Like 1

Well now - a "double wide trailer" eh?

Not exactly where my mind went straight away....

If they are waiting for alum extrusions, I will say that my extruder is quoting 56 week lead times last I knew.

Read that again - 56 weeks....

I don't know the reason for the backlog tho to be honest.

Just is I guess....

2 hours ago, andreyboater said:

those units are up by  close to 20% from 2yrs ago, craziness!

I'm so happy and content with the fact that I have my old 2006 Dakota and my old 2006 Toy Carrier holding my old 2015 XF7000 LXR and my sons old 2017 ZR7000 LXR.  All prepped and ready to go with this summers enhancements. Not a worry in the world, just need to sit tight and wait for snow with my 40 Creek.  No 1st world problems of the race for the fastest, best, newest equipment that is still not fast enough.  I call that "Itchy Ass Syndrome".

20210702_091318.thumb.jpg.1eeb5556ff7879c332c6a3da216188cb.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

I'm so happy and content with the fact that I have my old 2006 Dakota and my old 2006 Toy Carrier holding my old 2015 XF7000 LXR and my sons old 2017 ZR7000 LXR.  All prepped and ready to go with this summers enhancements. Not a worry in the world, just need to sit tight and wait for snow with my 40 Creek.  No 1st world problems of the race for the fastest, best, newest equipment that is still not fast enough.  I call that "Itchy Ass Syndrome".

And good on you for that!

• Like 1

I had a 2011 Dakota with a 4.7V8 and I loved that truck.   It was the perfect size for my uses.  I wish Dodge/Ram would bring it back.   

1 minute ago, scottyr said:

I had a 2011 Dakota with a 4.7V8 and I loved that truck.   It was the perfect size for my uses.  I wish Dodge/Ram would bring it back.   

I would order one tomorrow with the Pentistar 6 and 3.55 limited slip 4x4 if they brought it back.  I don't want a behemoth but don't see a way around it right now.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I had an 04 and an 09 and loved both of those trucks.

Shame Dodge is only making transport trucks these days

7 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

I did the ha ha face.   But also like is needed lol

3 hours ago, scottyr said:

Just bought a Ford Ranger, if you are looking for a mid sized truck, have nothing but good things to say about the truck so far

• Like 2