A102Q from NB308 to Temiscaming QC Will Reopen This Season

PISTON LAKE CRUISER

Saw this good news on a F/B post from 9 hours ago by the NBSC:

Trail prep in full swing. Volunteers today were getting an early start to tomorrow’s project…… the A102Q

We are happy to finally have this trail open this season

The Temiscaming bridge is completed to allow for groomer crossing & our partnership with

Les Voyageur sur Neige de Temiscaming to continue

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

North Bay Snowmobile Club Facebook Post

Trail prep in full swing. Volunteers today were getting an early start to tomorrow’s project…… the A102Q👊🏻
We are happy to finally have this trail open this season👏
The Temiscaming bridge is completed to allow for groomer crossing & our partnership with
Les Voyageur sur Neige de Temiscaming to continue❄️

May be an image of 1 person, nature, tree and road
May be an image of 2 people and nature
  • Like 10

On 11/21/2021 at 2:42 PM, Turbo Doo said:

Definitely great news.  Although we will personally start in Temiscaming,  if we venture that way anyways.  Tough to beat the Tem Rose. 

Congrats to the Clubs and volunteers. 

I'm definitely venturing that way this year

Jeff!

On 11/21/2021 at 2:42 PM, Turbo Doo said:

Definitely great news.  Although we will personally start in Temiscaming,  if we venture that way anyways.  Tough to beat the Tem Rose. 

Congrats to the Clubs and volunteers. 

Jeff we are hoping to be able to come ride in Quebec this year  we did not buy the yearly pass this year waiting to see how things are this winter . I figured we will buy a 7 day pass if we are able to ride up there this year. I remember the one year we came into Quebec from Ontario and Lisa from the club came to the temrose and we got our 7 day pass. Zrtkat and the crew are all ready to go we had our sleds serviced at the end of last year. 

Greg😄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, zrtkat said:

Jeff we are hoping to be able to come ride in Quebec this year  we did not buy the yearly pass this year waiting to see how things are this winter . I figured we will buy a 7 day pass if we are able to ride up there this year. I remember the one year we came into Quebec from Ontario and Lisa from the club came to the temrose and we got our 7 day pass. Zrtkat and the crew are all ready to go we had our sleds serviced at the end of last year. 

Greg😄

We are as excited as you guys are. Maybe we will cross paths this coming season.  The clocks ticking...

21 hours ago, zrtkat said:

Greg😄

But, and why my group trip is flipping back to ON from QC. It appears that QC only has on-line trail permit purchases this year. Which then forces my group to purchase the week permit at the beginning of January for a planned trip the first week of Feb. Seems that it is advisable to factor in "several days" for FCMQ permit processing (you have to have created an account on-line to buy), then you have to factor in postage time, which can also be "several days" (1 + weeks).

An early Feb trip has too much risk, from 1. not getting the permit in time, and 2. a hotel we planned to use has stated that the COVID status isn't a cancelation reason.

For those reasons, I'm presently flipping our week long trip back to ON, and doing our northern loop counter clock-wise, just for a change.

FCMQ Web site

To acquire a trail permit, you must purchase it online and this, for all categories included!

https://fcmq.qc.ca/en/trail-permit/informations/

1 hour ago, Gadgetman said:

But, and why my group trip is flipping back to ON from QC. It appears that QC only has on-line trail permit purchases this year. Which then forces my group to purchase the week permit at the beginning of January for a planned trip the first week of Feb. Seems that it is advisable to factor in "several days" for FCMQ permit processing (you have to have created an account on-line to buy), then you have to factor in postage time, which can also be "several days" (1 + weeks).

An early Feb trip has too much risk, from 1. not getting the permit in time, and 2. a hotel we planned to use has stated that the COVID status isn't a cancelation reason.

For those reasons, I'm presently flipping our week long trip back to ON, and doing our northern loop counter clock-wise, just for a change.

FCMQ Web site

To acquire a trail permit, you must purchase it online and this, for all categories included!

I see your point. We took the risk with buying our permits online only a week or so in advance,  and going without the physical sticker, but we managed ok. On a check point in Amos, we just explained the situation,  and managed ok. Lucky?, maybe?. But understand your hesitancy.  It can be looked upon the cost of riding in Quebec, also. Just like buying our trail pass,  and the weather not cooperating here for instance..

2 hours ago, Gadgetman said:

FCMQ Web site

I'm 99% sure you get a downloadable  temp permit you can print off when you buy your permit.  For 1, 3 and 7 day passes I'm not certain they even bother mailing you anything anymore.  It's all downloadable.  I know when I bought my Quebec season pass it came with a temp permit I could print off that had an expiry on it (something like 6 weeks out from date of purchase) to use until the season pass arrived in the mail.  Definitely wouldn't let that issue stop you from heading to Quebec.  Ontario does the same thing with their 3 and 7 day passes.

2 hours ago, Gadgetman said:

FCMQ Web site

You get a printable 21 day temporary permit when you buy on line.  It can also be downloaded to your phone and can be used by showing your phone. 

19BB0453-F39D-456F-9E27-4A72D1FADD31.jpeg

• Like 1

Two years ago, we bought 3 day passes a week ahead.  Download a pdf of the permit.  Put it on your phone.  I printed the permit in living colour and then laminated it and taped it to the windshield with clear box tape.  We came up behind the cops sitting at a 

T intersection.  Of course they had to check out the passes.  They were impressed with the preparation for their interogation.  They take a picture of your license numbers and mail a ticket if you are not legal. You may never know if your buddy hot a ticket for his lack of left mirror.

4 hours ago, AC+YA said:

You get a printable 21 day temporary permit when you buy on line.  It can also be downloaded to your phone and can be used by showing your phone. 

19BB0453-F39D-456F-9E27-4A72D1FADD31.jpeg

Will we be able to buy a 7day permit online and print it out when we get up there or have it on our phone to show ???

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zrtkat said:

Will we be able to buy a 7day permit online and print it out when we get up there or have it on our phone to show ???

Yes.  Probably best to check with your accommodations and see if they'd print it, but that's the idea.  I think most hotels front desks would.  It's just a PDF file.  As stated the police can check the system to confirm vin #'s match, etc.  Lots will go the phone route.  I'd be hesitant to do that without a printed backup.  Phone batteries die at the most opportune moments.

29 minutes ago, zrtkat said:

Greg. Just go online before your trip,  sign up and pay for a 7 day permit. You can print out the copies, and get a copy emailed to you, that you can show on your phone, and you can also carry your printed version as proof. It's easy. We did ours just a few days before we left.

• Thanks 1

Thanks signfan if we end up going this winter we will stay at the temrose and they are very helpful there with the snowmobilers.

Great place to stay and I even left my keys with the owners in case of breakdown we where gone for 9 days .

• Like 1

Just now, Turbo Doo said:

Greg. Just go online before your trip,  sign up and pay for a 7 day permit. You can print out the copies, and get a copy emailed to you, that you can show on your phone, and you can also carry your printed version as proof. It's easy. We did ours just a few days before we left.

Okay sounds good Jeff thanks again hoping we get to ride this winter .

1 minute ago, zrtkat said:

Okay sounds good Jeff thanks again hoping we get to ride this winter .

It's fairly easy. We waited to do it just a few days prior to our trip, in case of weather etc. When we were stopped near Amos, we just showed the trail guys,  and the QPP, our printed copies and the copies on our phones, they matched that to our ownership and license,  and we were off. No issues at all....

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

20200118_111903.jpg

Been at that shack more than a few times. Next stop the hot tub at the Amosphere!

• Like 1

I dont think they mail you a sticker anymore?   You just buy it online, print off the temp permit and away you go.  

We did Gaspe 2 years ago and half the guys just bought week long permits.    We got pulled over 3 times and never had an issue just showing the receipt.   

• Like 2

On 11/23/2021 at 4:04 PM, signfan said:

I'm 99% sure you get a downloadable  temp permit you can print off when you buy your permit.  For 1, 3 and 7 day passes I'm not certain they even bother mailing you anything anymore.  It's all downloadable.  I know when I bought my Quebec season pass it came with a temp permit I could print off that had an expiry on it (something like 6 weeks out from date of purchase) to use until the season pass arrived in the mail.  Definitely wouldn't let that issue stop you from heading to Quebec.  Ontario does the same thing with their 3 and 7 day passes.

Good to know, as my buddy and I will likely try and do an extended QC weekend trip early March. Being in Ottawa, actually shorter to drive to Val du Or then northern ON.

The 6 person trip (early Feb) is now fully flipped over to ON, which for the two of us on new and different sleds, is more comfortable.

I saw the Lake side first floor rooms at the Waterfront (NL) were already booked 5 Feb by sledders. Anyone from this forum?