Anyone use the Kimpex Connect system?

Puggz

Just got my call this aft that my bag and mount are in. Will try to post pictures tomorrow with it mounted behind gas can.

• Like 2

I picked up my Kimpex bag and mount today. It's a tight fit and not fully tighten down yet as I am still wrenching on my sled yet. Trying to pimp it out with some blue LED lights yet. I still want to get the 1gal or 1.75 gallon white container for oil to fit on top of my gas container.

PXL_20211218_003413707.thumb.jpg.e8ed932aa17739a0ed41e8700a0c574c.jpgPXL_20211218_003742860.thumb.jpg.81db2a525da98ba6fe63cd8598574ae0.jpgPXL_20211218_003422282.thumb.jpg.1aad91e147ef0bd9cd66d6b65f697fcd.jpg

• Like 4

Was planning on buying the Kimpex bag today at Wildbill’s place but seeing the bag in person, it looks smaller than I think what I will need….and don’t want to buy two bags. 

Looking at the LinQ 40L adventure tunnel bag now….not overly bulky and offers more room. 
Anyone have one of these bags?

Yup. I have on on my 146 backcountry. Lots of storage. Works well on this machine….I don’t think it fits my renegade tunnel though. Might be linq connector placement? Not sure?

48F9D95D-D671-4707-B55C-6FB699BD081A.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, J Feces said:

Yup. I have on on my 146 backcountry. Lots of storage. Works well on this machine….I don’t think it fits my renegade tunnel though. Might be linq connector placement? Not sure?

48F9D95D-D671-4707-B55C-6FB699BD081A.jpeg

Good point - I wonder if it will fit on the Renegade, I think so based on the description on the website.

image.png.2752190a66d3c4f7aa2433df8b74f0a9.png

image.png.8571fe98ea9405a77ce575f04046abf8.png

Bought the adventure bag and it arrived today with a couple of other items - LinQ lock & electric shield adapter.

It fits very well & the 1+1 seat should fit between the bag and the seat based on the pre-marked holes in the tunnel!

IMG_2580.jpg

IMG_2579.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, stoney said:

Bought the adventure bag and it arrived today with a couple of other items - LinQ lock & electric shield adapter.

It fits very well & the 1+1 seat should fit between the bag and the seat based on the pre-marked holes in the tunnel!

IMG_2580.jpg

IMG_2579.jpg

That is a huge bag!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Yamatario said:

That is a huge bag!

Ya, maybe a bit bigger than what I wanted, but the Kimpex was for sure too small and I wanted something with a lower profile vs. boxy......so this is what I decided on.

Having a bit extra room is not such a bad idea, especially since I plan on taking each of my kids on a trip at some point for a couple of days, so the added room may come in handy.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

@stoney, why did you go with cable style scratchers?. 

The bag looks good. Doo's linq stuff is the best.  

Never tried them before, always had the wire scratchers - that always worked great for me.......so went with these and see how they are.

I know Doo has the tunnel mounted ones that seem to have great reviews - odd person has claimed there's did break......but visually I do not like them hanging down from the tunnel.

I had full intentions of buying the ones the that mount to the a-arms, but again I was not overly impressed with strapping an aluminum clamp to my a-arm....

1 hour ago, stoney said:

Never tried them before, always had the wire scratchers - that always worked great for me.......so went with these and see how they are.

I know Doo has the tunnel mounted ones that seem to have great reviews - odd person has claimed there's did break......but visually I do not like them hanging down from the tunnel.

I had full intentions of buying the ones the that mount to the a-arms, but again I was not overly impressed with strapping an aluminum clamp to my a-arm....

Sounds good. I've only ever used the Doo tunnel mounted ones.  Been using them for quite a few years now. No issues with them whatsoever,  even crossing train tracks with them. We will be running them on our '22's as well. Here is a pic of them installed in my '21...

Screenshot_20211224-093643_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Sounds good. I've only ever used the Doo tunnel mounted ones.  Been using them for quite a few years now. No issues with them whatsoever,  even crossing train tracks with them. We will be running them on our '22's as well. Here is a pic of them installed in my '21...

Screenshot_20211224-093643_Gallery.jpg

The rail mounted ones I have always used worked great too in all conditions except going in reverse :headbang:

Only complaint I guess is the number of times people would come up to me and tell me I have something hanging from my skid....which started to become comical.

I understand the Doo ones can be used in reverse.....and if the ones I have do not do the trick, I may need to grease the wheel some more and pick a set up of them instead.

30 minutes ago, stoney said:

The rail mounted ones I have always used worked great too in all conditions except going in reverse :headbang:

Only complaint I guess is the number of times people would come up to me and tell me I have something hanging from my skid....which started to become comical.

I understand the Doo ones can be used in reverse.....and if the ones I have do not do the trick, I may need to grease the wheel some more and pick a set up of them instead.

These work in reverse fairly well..

• Like 1

Here ya go. 
Once you unclip the outer cover, there is a zippered flap that has a pouch. 
Inside the compartment is another zippered pouch at the rear plus a hard plastic divider at the front that unsnaps. 

1C0B2FE7-7049-474A-850E-0F2B63F61F11.jpeg

E26DF16F-0C5F-43A8-9C00-034759E9F4E2.jpeg

904FC816-2ABF-4BA4-80A4-BA5DED2BEA71.jpeg

1CADCA66-934B-469A-98C8-A4A78B8A51E5.jpeg

29866AF3-5F1F-41D2-A1D7-1438A1A9826F.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

are they a new item?   or  have they been around before the tunnel mounted ones ?   

They have been around a while. Some like them, some not.  Some like cable scratchers as well. I personally like the tunnel mounted ones from Doo. They stow up and out of the way,  you can reverse while they are deployed and do a good job of filling and loading the skid up. The rail mounted ones and the cable style ones, I've seen do damage to tracks, and both break off easily.  Yes some have had the tunnel mounted ones break also, but in my own experience,  the have been flawless. I once forget I had them down, and crossed several rail Crossings with them down without a issue,  other then the loud bang they make flicking back up and hitting the underside of the tunnel, where they mount.

Screenshot_20211228-230253_Gallery.jpg

13 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

They have been around a while. Some like them, some not.  Some like cable scratchers as well. I personally like the tunnel mounted ones from Doo. They stow up and out of the way,  you can reverse while they are deployed and do a good job of filling and loading the skid up. The rail mounted ones and the cable style ones, I've seen do damage to tracks, and both break off easily.  Yes some have had the tunnel mounted ones break also, but in my own experience,  the have been flawless. I once forget I had them down, and crossed several rail Crossings with them down without a issue,  other then the loud bang they make flicking back up and hitting the underside of the tunnel, where they mount.

Screenshot_20211228-230253_Gallery.jpg

I totally agree.

I can deploy them while sitting on the seat.  I can stow them by bending down next to the sled and not on my knees.

Try deploying the skid mounted while still sitting on your sled.  

The most important is that they work and the tips are replaceable.

I have these on my Cats with custom mounts from the footrest bottoms.

BRP has figured out accessories that scratch every itch.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, AC+YA said:

I totally agree.

I can deploy them while sitting on the seat.  I can stow them by bending down next to the sled and not on my knees.

Well said,  any news on the new ride @AC+YA?

39 minutes ago, AC+YA said:

I totally agree.

I have done the same on my polaris

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Well said,  any news on the new ride @AC+YA?

Maybe end of January?  Still not sure what will be missing though.