Anyone use the Kimpex Connect system?

Puggz

Considering the Kimpex Connect system with the 6.6ltr Rotopax fuel can and the adapter plate to place the Kimpex Tunnel Bag on top for longer trips.  I'll be mounting on a ZR6000 137.

I saw one online review (brief) and it was positive.

Anyone have any experience with these products?

TIA<

P

Connect Ad

Snow Trax Review

402122_ACT2.jpg

• Like 2

If you haven't already, do some measuring of available chassis space before buying the system. My buddy put a similar system (from Royal Dist.) on his 137 length chassis (not a Cat). It fit and is a slick way to carry extra fuel however does interfere with the rear bumper somewhat.

• Thanks 1

I have the gas can and rode with it all last year. I have the bag on order for this year. The bag will go either in front or behind the gas and the I might order the smaller oil container for on top of the gas.WIN_20211119_14_00_46_Pro.thumb.jpg.30fbbd0b5820d7940ed65dc26a9c80ce.jpgWIN_20211119_14_00_36_Pro.thumb.jpg.a2b719f837f7b9ce360d44cb3e7ccc3e.jpg

• Like 3

Looks like a great system but havne't heard any feedback yet from anyone about the bag. For my uses I think I'd have to have that bag extended to the biggest size most of the time.

I have not used the Kimpex system at all but have used the Linq bags and gas caddy with the Upnorth Technologies bracket with good success, this year going to run one of the South Simcoe Machine dual brackets they just released and see how it goes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I used the kimpex system all last year without problems but 90% of the time I was just using the bag, last trip of the year I had both on and worked out good. One thing though the instructions are wrong on the hole spacing, luckily I mounted mine on a piece of plywood wood to make sure how it all went together and sure enough the whole spacing is to wide which will cause the bad or fuel can to wiggle a bit.5E94CA0B-A815-4209-AC7C-6FEE257E83A1.thumb.jpeg.aa1c38e048eed0564b98bc8790c271e2.jpegF3A347AF-1FB8-4751-B5ED-DF25C1F08E33.thumb.jpeg.c36ffc881fdc25af2c0ba91a1672f421.jpeg2E85524B-6B20-42EB-BE29-2A1EF9AD0F16.thumb.jpeg.4aa255c6667b554162f6121c3a61935e.jpeg

• Like 5

On 11/20/2021 at 4:26 PM, WinderFab said:

I used the kimpex system all last year without problems but 90% of the time I was just using the bag, last trip of the year I had both on and worked out good. One thing though the instructions are wrong on the hole spacing, luckily I mounted mine on a piece of plywood wood to make sure how it all went together and sure enough the whole spacing is to wide which will cause the bad or fuel can to wiggle a bit.5E94CA0B-A815-4209-AC7C-6FEE257E83A1.thumb.jpeg.aa1c38e048eed0564b98bc8790c271e2.jpegF3A347AF-1FB8-4751-B5ED-DF25C1F08E33.thumb.jpeg.c36ffc881fdc25af2c0ba91a1672f421.jpeg2E85524B-6B20-42EB-BE29-2A1EF9AD0F16.thumb.jpeg.4aa255c6667b554162f6121c3a61935e.jpeg

Great news :) and thanks for the tip on the spacing - I'll look out for that one.

P.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2021 at 4:26 PM, WinderFab said:

What is the adventure 22L tunnel bag like when fully expanded?

Looking at options to buy something and I kind of like this one.....I can use when compacted for just day rides for the stuff I usually like to carry & it is not that big or bulky for that purpose, and than it expands for possible saddle bag trip use....depending on the size of it of course.

On 12/8/2021 at 11:01 PM, stoney said:

What is the adventure 22L tunnel bag like when fully expanded?

Looking at options to buy something and I kind of like this one.....I can use when compacted for just day rides for the stuff I usually like to carry & it is not that big or bulky for that purpose, and than it expands for possible saddle bag trip use....depending on the size of it of course.

Honestly I haven’t used it when fully expanded yet only used the bag at its smallest size/unexpanded, specs say it’s 8-22L. At it’s smallest size it still has a fair amount of room, I can easily fit a spare belt, extra gloves, extra set of titan heated googles which are in a 509 google hard case which is the size of a Kleenex box, rubber hammer, tool pouch, snacks, drinks and there’s still room to spare. 

Original I was gonna go the linq route as it’s a tested and proven product but I wanted the fuel/bag combo and for me the stackable doo fuel caddy is a bit big for me. I’ve pushed my sled to where I’ve ran out of gas just a few feet from the pumps at 220km so I figured with the 6L roto pac I can get another 30-35

km range, with the fuel and bag installed it keeps the weight on the tunnel within reason.

If you like I can give you the exact measurements over the weekend ? 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, WinderFab said:

Honestly I haven’t used it when fully expanded yet only used the bag at its smallest size/unexpanded, specs say it’s 8-22L. At it’s smallest size it still has a fair amount of room, I can easily fit a spare belt, extra gloves, extra set of titan heated googles which are in a 509 google hard case which is the size of a Kleenex box, rubber hammer, tool pouch, snacks, drinks and there’s still room to spare. 

Original I was gonna go the linq route as it’s a tested and proven product but I wanted the fuel/bag combo and for me the stackable fuel caddy is a bit big for me. I’ve pushed my sled to where I’ve ran out of gas just a few feet from the pumps at 220km so I figured with the 6L roto pac I can get another 30-35

km range, with the fuel and bag installed it keeps the weight on the tunnel within reason.

If you like I can give you the exact measurements over the weekend ? 

Yes please. 
I’m interested to know if the bag in its expanded form could be used for a week saddle back trip. 
By the sounds of it, in its compacted mode, it has more than enough room to carry day ride stuff…spare gloves, tools, rags, rope, etc….

No problem I will get you measurements with pics.

Just curious how come you are not going with the linq system, isn’t the tunnels on the ski doo’s already set up for the linq brackets ?

1 hour ago, WinderFab said:

No problem I will get you measurements with pics.

Just curious how come you are not going with the linq system, isn’t the tunnels on the ski doo’s already set up for the linq brackets ?

I’m looking at those as well, but what I like about this one is the option to have it compacted most of the time than expand for trips. 
I’m not liking having a large bag back there all the time. 
Other considerations is a soft type of bag that is not as bulky but expands to your needs…. kind of like the one Turbodoo has. 
A bag that can be securely attached is another bonus. 

Next hurtle is once I decide on one, does anyone actually have it !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stoney said:

I’m looking at those as well, but what I like about this one is the option to have it compacted most of the time than expand for trips. 
Other considerations is a soft type of bag that is not as bulky but expands to your needs…. kind of like the one Turbodoo has. 

I was hoping to post pictures of my set up with gas can and bag but ordered my bag 4 weeks ago and still waiting. The nice part with Kimpex Connect  is it works with the Polaris mounting rails already on the Axys tunnel. 

2 hours ago, Yamatario said:

I was hoping to post pictures of my set up with gas can and bag but ordered my bag 4 weeks ago and still waiting. The nice part with Kimpex Connect  is it works with the Polaris mounting rails already on the Axys tunnel. 

Are you waiting on the kimpex bag or a different setup?

3 hours ago, stoney said:

Are you waiting on the kimpex bag or a different setup?

Kimpex bag

• Thanks 1

On 12/9/2021 at 9:53 PM, stoney said:

Yes please. 
I’m interested to know if the bag in its expanded form could be used for a week saddle back trip. 
By the sounds of it, in its compacted mode, it has more than enough room to carry day ride stuff…spare gloves, tools, rags, rope, etc….

Hope these help.. 8D337844-C712-489F-83F9-3CDF0AD8D448.thumb.jpeg.5fc1db8ba020436dbfd0421caade6aa0.jpegC7861F3E-6DA7-4264-831C-FB83C4F18C22.thumb.jpeg.556dc864678274da5c42426e6ff54e2d.jpegDD8F30D4-CA78-40F7-8D4B-251F965DE306.thumb.jpeg.803846525a6e23fa94afcd92bd1cd736.jpegAF14EE83-0399-44CE-B62A-05499CE637A6.thumb.jpeg.c22de1a02410ae206a37fb4fa73b8e32.jpeg

On 12/9/2021 at 11:30 PM, stoney said:

Ski doo has an expandable bag just like the kimpex one now. It costs more but if you are putting it on a doo already...

https://skidoooutlet.com/product/ski-doo-linq-trail-pro-bag-30-l/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign={CampaignName}&keyword=&d=c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8Pn9kM3h9AIVdv_jBx39zwMZEAQYASABEgI0tvD_BwE

Dos

3 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

The Doo accessories are great.  Linq stuff is fantastic.  Pick your poison..

Yes the Doo stuff is great, much better quality than the Kimpex, but its 2x (or more) the price and it kinda looks wrong on another brand of sled.

I wear an Oxygen helmet, thats bad enough!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Puggz said:

Dos

Yes the Doo stuff is great, much better quality than the Kimpex, but its 2x (or more) the price and it kinda looks wrong on another brand of sled.

I agree with you.  Lots of 'other' sled riders using Doo linq products.  They are good at something...

12 hours ago, Puggz said:

Dos

Normally Kimpex is a lower end product but this connects bag is higher quality than we are used to from kimpex, Its actually well made, after all they copied linq.

• Like 1

We have had excellent luck selling connect. Our connect restock may be a couple of more weeks as they were undamaged but held up on a burning ship and are now held up by landslides along with I am told an aweful lot of other sled product for several manufacturers were on that ship including several containers of oxygen helmets. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bags are now in stock at your favorite dealer.  BTW, Revco has them for $179, $20 less than everyone else :)

• Thanks 1