Quebec Has It Right for Those Caught Freeloading - $700 for Permit Sold on Trail

bbakernbay

20 hours ago, scottyr said:

This was the free weekend 2 years ago.   The kid on the MXZ was with our group.    He got a $400 ticket within 30 mins of leaving Rouyn for a can.  

3E22FAB5-2507-4885-81F9-0D9CD46648C8.jpeg

So what is the rest of the story ? Did he ride the rest of the weekend or hit the bottle .

On 11/14/2021 at 3:29 PM, zx7rr said:

Ride in the Bracebridge area, couple yrs ago got stopped just north of Gravenhurst for full papers check, and then as i got to Bracebridge stopped for full papers check , left town went north on D and got stopped again  for a full papers check all in an hour.  

sad but true

14 hours ago, coldfinger said:

So what is the rest of the story ? Did he ride the rest of the weekend or hit the bottle .

The cops let him proceed with the ticket but we were stopped 3 more times that day and every time he was threatened with a ticket until he showed the cops that he already received a ticket and explaining we were just trying to get to the motel.   Another kid in our group had sled troubles on Day 2 and we called CAA to flat bed him back to Ville Marie.   The kid with the can threw his sled on the flat bed as well as he was getting nervous that he was going to get another ticket.  

10 minutes ago, scottyr said:

The cops let him proceed with the ticket but we were stopped 3 more times that day and every time he was threatened with a ticket until he showed the cops that he already received a ticket and explaining we were just trying to get to the motel.   Another kid in our group had sled troubles on Day 2 and we called CAA to flat bed him back to Ville Marie.   The kid with the can threw his sled on the flat bed as well as he was getting nervous that he was going to get another ticket.  

ridiculous

6 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

ridiculous

Nope.  The way it should be.

Why let the actions of one impact all riders enjoyment?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sksman said:

Nope.  The way it should be.

Why let the actions of one impact all riders enjoyment?

Agreed. Get them off our trails. Even worse, is knowingly riding with someone like that.  That's just as bad. These people will ruin it for the rest of us, just like everything else in life. Freeloaders, no trail pass, no Val tag, loud aftermarket 'cans' need to go. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

We need less policing and more education. If its that important go after the manufacturer..............dont bother me three times in one weekend with police checks.

I would love to see some actual stats from these stops.  Espically ones where guys girls are stoped in a day 3 times.  How many people they catch and issue fines.  They do it for speeding etc.  Every long weekend.  Let's see some stats for sledding.

1 hour ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

We need less policing and more education. If its that important go after the manufacturer..............dont bother me three times in one weekend with police checks.

Some people can't or won't be educated . 

5 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Agreed. Get them off our trails. Even worse, is knowingly riding with someone like that.  That's just as bad. These people will ruin it for the rest of us, just like everything else in life. Freeloaders, no trail pass, no Val tag, loud aftermarket 'cans' need to go. 

I didnt even know the kid.   He was a buddy of a father and son that came along for the weekend.   As soon as he pulled his sled out of the trailer, I told him he was going to have issues that weekend and suggested he put his stock can back on (it was still in the trailer).    He said no and got a $400 ticket for his stupidity.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, scottyr said:

I didnt even know the kid.   He was a buddy of a father and son that came along for the weekend.   As soon as he pulled his sled out of the trailer, I told him he was going to have issues that weekend and suggested he put his stock can back on (it was still in the trailer).    He said no and got a $400 ticket for his stupidity.  

It’s frustrating having that one guy.  

When we had one guy show up with a can it was a brand new sled.  Not even broken in.  And I believe dealer installed in Ontario.  

I know a lot of the cool crowd believe in their right to ride with a can but I believe trail permit should be revoked if caught.  Make it part of the education video.  If your caught on trails with a can you are fined and pass is pulled.  End of story.

And caught with no pass and a can we burn your machine on the spot.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gobills said:

I would love to see some actual stats from these stops.  Espically ones where guys girls are stoped in a day 3 times.  How many people they catch and issue fines.  They do it for speeding etc.  Every long weekend.  Let's see some stats for sledding.

I guarantee the stats are abysmal. Modern Policing has become nothing but a revenue generating machine ..............they are a tax collector.

10 hours ago, coldfinger said:

Some people can't or won't be educated . 

I dont disagree. Set the fines higher. Dont stop me 3 times through Gravenhurst.

8 hours ago, scottyr said:

Should have told the kid no can or dont ride with me.

• Like 1