Cochrane December 2021

ecarnell

Soooo planning way ahead.

Was able to finally book a room at Westway for Dec 31-Jan 3rd. (They have always been full when we have previously tried booking)

Hoping:

1. New Polaris sleds arrive on time

2. There are at least some trails opened and groomed!

(they understood that we would have to cancel if sleds don’t show up. :()

fingers crossed!

let it snow, and Polaris keep those assembly lines going please!

• Like 7

22 hours ago, ecarnell said:

Soooo planning way ahead.

Was able to finally book a room at Westway for Dec 31-Jan 3rd. (They have always been full when we have previously tried booking)

Hoping:

1. New Polaris sleds arrive on time

2. There are at least some trails opened and groomed!

(they understood that we would have to cancel if sleds don’t show up. :()

fingers crossed!

let it snow, and Polaris keep those assembly lines going please!

Planning in Nov isn't way ahead by my standard, just smart. I've had years where trying to book specific hotels have already been full with hockey teams, late in the fall. I start some notional planning during the summer. Not always easy to find 3 rooms, ground floor, near each other. 

Westway is an awesome place. They even have hair dryers to loan out to the 4 strokes at -38c.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got the treaded call/news from dealer today.

vr1 650 137” shipping dec 16-31 . “Shipping”

xcr 850 136” shipping Jan 1-31st.

:(

Fortunately my buddy who I sold our 850 and 900 Ace too, said we could have at least one sled available to borrow (rent) for the couple of days we want to be up north for those days (as not sure how much snow we will have around here in SW Ontario over New Years).

for the second sled my dad had offered up my old 800 etec he has been riding - so we will have two sleds for sure and we are going riding !!!!

if , by a miracle  the vr1 shows up and available to pick up dec 30th we will ride that !

fingers crossed!

• Like 1

My friend has a 650 on order, he received the same info.  For him the real kicker was the Jan 1 - 31  for shipping .  

• 3 weeks later...

Well we ended up cancelling our trip up north .

sons sled has just come in with no spindles , and mines jan sometime.

ended up getting itchy, and with this Covid supplier delays / concerns picked up some new wheels today…..

F8B84060-1118-4A86-A215-29B8A68C7A0F.thumb.jpeg.220c9b5fa5e403d0a4d0c1a22fbcacc2.jpeg

country corners had a crap load of Sherpas too!!! (160k each????)

4C9463DB-C5F9-4F08-BD3F-B8A79218320F.thumb.jpeg.71cf3caf951b02444fd0ac0418acef74.jpeg

• Like 9

13 hours ago, ecarnell said:

Well we ended up cancelling our trip up north .

sons sled has just come in with no spindles , and mines jan sometime.

ended up getting itchy, and with this Covid supplier delays / concerns picked up some new wheels today…..

F8B84060-1118-4A86-A215-29B8A68C7A0F.thumb.jpeg.220c9b5fa5e403d0a4d0c1a22fbcacc2.jpeg

country corners had a crap load of Sherpas too!!! (160k each????)

4C9463DB-C5F9-4F08-BD3F-B8A79218320F.thumb.jpeg.71cf3caf951b02444fd0ac0418acef74.jpeg

Short of being a galzillionaire who the heck in their right mind would pay that kinda coin for something like that

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, burndog said:

Short of being a galzillionaire who the heck in their right mind would pay that kinda coin for something like that

Possibly some government entities, fire departments with hard to get to terrain or lakes, search and rescue, surveyors and toss in a few "I gotta have one of those". 

Fire department to get out to a burning wind turbine ?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

Fire department to get out to a burning wind turbine ?

Wonder what they would be able to do when they got there? LOL Stand well back I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, burndog said:

I know a guy with one. Lives on agnew lake road in webbwood. Thing is a true go anywhere beast. He uses it all time. Takes you places no other vehicle can get to the Argo just gets to watch.

43 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Wonder what they would be able to do when they got there? LOL Stand well back I guess.

Show up and get paid.

• Haha 1

Those things look awfully tippy to me.

I've seen the vids, but .....

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

19 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

Show up and get paid.

Keep us all safe from one another for sure......:coffeenose:

The need for these in Southern ON really makes you scratch your head - but the budgets for the police and fire tend to have no boundaries.

• Like 1