Gary Westaway / 02Sled

scottyr

Was just reading some of his posts on another site, never met him but suspect we would have gotten along fabulously. 

May the snow gods be taking good care of you 👍

• Like 2

Ir would appear that Gary went from a vibrant, active, retirement age man, to very ill, in a matter of minutes. I guess we should all be thankful for each and every day we get with our loved ones and friends. It happened as well to my uncle just weeks before his retirement. Cancer is a nasty disease that pulls the rug out from under far too many of us. 

• Like 10

Because, I don’t travel far, I don’t often get the opportunity to meet and chat with Ontario-Wide riders such as 02Sled.  I enjoyed reading his enthusiastic posts throughout the years and his sharing of stories, knowledge and wisdom. 

It was a pleasure meeting you virtually Gary.  RIP

• Like 8

Gary always remembered the anniversary of my brother’s death. Fifty years ago this Remembrance Day November 11th. 11th day, 11th month, 11 years old. That rock cut on the 400 is still there. One day I will remove it. News at 11. 😢

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

sad news ,always enjoyed reading his posts .RIP.

• Like 1

I had the honour of volunteering with Gary at Baxter Snow Riders. As Yukon mentioned, we were new members on the executive and there were some incredible initiatives. Gary was front and centre - communication (numerous mailouts throughout the year); participation at fundraisers; board duties; organizing trips with neighbouring clubs (Snocrest Riders). 

A groomer storage facility was built through the team's endeavors and the concerts in Port Severn raised funds for the Barrie hospital. Gary's participation on that team was instrumental.

Organized, methodical and willing to share both his thoughts and opinions. You left every meeting with Gary knowing a bit more than when you walked in. Thanks for sharing, Gary.

• Like 16

On 11/13/2021 at 9:14 AM, zoso said:

Ir would appear that Gary went from a vibrant, active, retirement age man, to very ill, in a matter of minutes. I guess we should all be thankful for each and every day we get with our loved ones and friends. It happened as well to my uncle just weeks before his retirement. Cancer is a nasty disease that pulls the rug out from under far too many of us. 

Amen!

• 1 month later...

I actually purchased Gary’s El Tigre 7000 for a Christmas present for my wife. 

Bought  it because still can’t find a secondary clutch for “Iggy”, har old favorite Crossfire with electric start.

(That, and I was really looking for an excuse to buy a four stroke to try out)

Gary would be happy to see it has gone to a good home for stray cats.image001.thumb.jpg.e2a7bf8bfdfa247764f6fa81a718a6b4.jpg

It should be comfortable in the Cat cave with these guys.

We have owned about 25 different sleds over the years. First four stroke short of a 120.

I hope Gary is smiling down when he sees my wife tearing it up on his old sled.

I have a feeling it is finally going get broken in this season.😋

RIP Gary.

• Like 11
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, lastzrt said:

Bought  it because still can’t find a secondary clutch for “Iggy”, har old favorite Crossfire with electric start.

Gary would be happy to see it has gone to a good home for stray cats.image001.thumb.jpg.e2a7bf8bfdfa247764f6fa81a718a6b4.jpg

We have owned about 25 different sleds over the years. First four stroke short of a 120.

RIP Gary.

You bought a very clean well maintained sled, Gary took pride in it.. 

Enjoy it and the break in period. Tee hee 😆 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, lastzrt said:

RIP Gary.

You can send in her old worn out secondary to be rebuilt, rebushed by mel, @ M&M: http://www.formulax-1.com/services.html

I probably have at least 1 new one sitting in Dubreuilville for spares. Ski

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lastzrt said:

RIP Gary.

That is a very nice sled.  The sleds and trailer were very well cared for.

A buddy of mine purchased his wife’s sled back in 2020.   Gary sure was meticulous.   Even put in a new battery because the old was weak.  His wife’s sled had around 600km on it At the time I believe.