Gary Westaway / 02Sled

scottyr

It has been brought to my attention, that Gary Westaway aka 02Sled passed away this week.    He owned some property around the corner from our place in Port Severn and was quite active on the sled forums.  

I honestly dont have a lot of details but will post them when I know more.

RIP Gary

• Sad 8

Rest in Peace 02 aka Gary, I got to spend some time with him at Toronto Sled Show and OFSC Agm a couple of years ago and had some fun times.

You will be missed by many. 

• Thanks 1

RIP 02sled

• Like 1

Sorry to hear.  RIP 02.

Says here that he hasn't even logged on here in the last 2 months!

https://ontarioconditions.com/forums/index.php?/profile/21351-02sled/content/

He was one of the folks most concerned aboot the Wuhan, and he said that he got his shot.

???

RIP 02

1 hour ago, Ox said:

Says here that he hasn't even logged on here in the last 2 months!

https://ontarioconditions.com/forums/index.php?/profile/21351-02sled/content/

He was one of the folks most concerned aboot the Wuhan, and he said that he got his shot.

???

RIP 02

Gary passed away from Cancer.    Not COVID.     It spread throughout his body over the last few years.   

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Wow, that really sucks...as does cancer. I hope he or his family did not suffer for long dealing with the illness.

Condolences to his family, I think he had no kids, just his wife was all I ever recall him talking about, and I think his dog.

Thanks for sharing the update.

• Thanks 1

RIP Gary. Thank you for your contributions to organized snowmobiling and to this forum. I always enjoyed reading your posts. 

• Like 3

RIP 02sled, my condolences to his family. 

• Like 1

I never met 02 but had a lot if interaction with him on this forum. He seemed like a hard working man who loved snowmobiling and volunteering with his club. He will most certainly be missed on this forum. RIP Gary. Condolences to his family.

• Like 2

I met Gary back in 2009. I was the volunteer coordinator for the club in Port Severn, Baxter Snow Riders at the time. He joined the club and became  trail patroller. After a few short years there was a change in the club executive, he joined us as club Secretary, along with Canuck as treasurer and myself as Vice President. 

Gary was very passionate about anything he was involved in, encouraged safe riding,Volunteerism and even started club and group organised rides.. Volunteered at the Powersports shows for the district 7 booth.

For those who have met him, knew the type of person he was.. 

He passed on Wednesday, shocking to say the least.. 

My condolences to his wife Susan, family/friends and fellow volunteers.

He will be missed by many..

Paul

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Terrible news - condolences to his friends and family.

RIP 02Sled

1 hour ago, Yukon said:

Gary was very passionate about anything he was involved in, encouraged safe riding,Volunteerism and even started club and group organised rides.. Volunteered at the Powersports shows for the district 7 booth.

Yes, he was very passionate about many things that he shared on the forums.....his career / work in data centers or the city of TO workers and of course when it came to his back & fourth bantering with Failmaker or Zoso - one of the things I always remember about him on the one of the other forums, it was usually quite comical!

I recall that he apparently flew all over North America for work.