Lest we forget

crispy

1 hour ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

They had the Lancaster up flying around today. 

11 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Thank you to all that served both now and before. 

Oh and eff you to our Governor General and Prime minister for interrupting the moment of silence because they were late.

You might want to retract your second comment above...they arrived late because of a security alert -- a suspicious package (thought to be a potential bomb) was discovered near the cenotaph. 

16 minutes ago, irREVerent said:

You might want to retract your second comment above...they arrived late because of a security alert -- a suspicious package (thought to be a potential bomb) was discovered near the cenotaph. 

No and Ill explain why. While I certainly dont believe the story for one second I will give them the benefit of the doubt that its true.  What the real adult and stateman should have done is not arrived during the moment of silence but should have waited for an opportune time.  Its more poor decision making from people who arent really qualified in the first place for the offices that they hold. 

Here is my press release

" The GG while on route for a predetermined arrival time had to divert due to a possible security threat, the last thing that the GG wanted to do was disrespect the solemn and apolitical nature of the moment and that honours all of our Veterans.. So with much regret we waited for a more respectful time to enter the ceremony" 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Yup watched it all morning. Also had two RCAF Hercules flyover my head at 1300 feet .

I have "some time" on a Herc. One trip in particular stands out, about 10-12 days of flying every day, 27,000 nautical miles. It was called the Pacific Rim, and involved moving some stuff between ISL and SRIN on the map. As we were approaching home, we were actually going to fly over my house, (I lived 30mins away from the base) so we dropped lower (:-)) than 1300' , so that my wife knew it was time to start packing up the kids for the drive to come and get me. (long before cell phones).

20211111_135657.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I had the honour of attending the local service today with my 2nd Lieutenant daughter. She finally asked what my medals represent. My time was between major conflicts, yet I still think about how many Service funerals I attended over 18 years.

Lest We Forget.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

7 minutes ago, Gadgetman said:

I have "some time" on a Herc. One trip in particular stands out, about 10-12 days of flying every day, 27,000 nautical miles. It was called the Pacific Rim, and involved moving some stuff between ISL and SRIN on the map. As we were approaching home, we were actually going to fly over my house, (I lived 30mins away from the base) so we dropped lower (:-)) than 1300' , so that my wife knew it was time to start packing up the kids for the drive to come and get me. (long before cell phones).

20211111_135657.jpg

Thank you By the way!

To promote Remembrance, The Royal Canadian Legion erects and maintains war memorials and cenotaphs across Canada, including the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. The memorials and cenotaphs serve as gathering places for ceremonies on Remembrance Day, and for other Remembrance milestones throughout the year. They are important symbols of our commitment to honouring and remembering the sacrifices of our Canadian Armed Forces, RCMP, peacekeepers, as well as their families and communities. Unlike monuments, which are structures that pay tribute to the achievements, heritage, or ideals of a person, group, event or time in history, war memorials and cenotaphs are built to honour and remember those killed in conflicts. War memorials help us to never forget.

Tomb.....................................P.O.S was taking pictures on the Tomb of the Unkown soldier. 

I have no words

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

To promote Remembrance, The Royal Canadian Legion erects and maintains war memorials and cenotaphs across Canada, including the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. The memorials and cenotaphs serve as gathering places for ceremonies on Remembrance Day, and for other Remembrance milestones throughout the year. They are important symbols of our commitment to honouring and remembering the sacrifices of our Canadian Armed Forces, RCMP, peacekeepers, as well as their families and communities. Unlike monuments, which are structures that pay tribute to the achievements, heritage, or ideals of a person, group, event or time in history, war memorials and cenotaphs are built to honour and remember those killed in conflicts. War memorials help us to never forget.

Tomb.....................................P.O.S was taking pictures on the Tomb of the Unkown soldier. 

I have no words

I have some words...but those words would get me permanently kicked off this site...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, crispy said:

I cant say much either, it will boil my blood. Trudeau is a classless Idiot, whos morally bankrupt

Not to get off topic.....but do we wonder why he has the followers he does that perhaps share the same ethics in life and where things are at.

Really is extreme poor taste - time & place for things and having the sense to know when and where that is......:crazy_grn:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Selfies are a election tool, come on....

A tool using an election tool for votes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Spanky said:

I have some words...but those words would get me permanently kicked off this site...

1 hour ago, crispy said:

I cant say much either, it will boil my blood. Trudeau is a classless Idiot, whos morally bankrupt

May I direct you to the Monkey Barrell?

• Like 3

19 hours ago, crispy said:

I was out of line, this was not the thread for this. Feel free to edit it all out other than the initial post

all good. I was just saying if it goes that way lets complain over there!