The pledge

gobills

Good video, the only way to get the message across these days is through social media

I think I took the pledge about 35 years ago - but can't hurt to re-up and make sure the new young riders in my household seriously understand the implications and importance of responsible riding.

On 11/7/2021 at 9:13 AM, Spiderman said:

I think I took the pledge about 35 years ago - but can't hurt to re-up and make sure the new young riders in my household seriously understand the implications and importance of responsible riding.

If caught off-trail riding by OPP you lose your trail permit + $500 fine!

18 minutes ago, Muskoka1 said:

If caught off-trail riding by OPP you lose your trail permit + $500 fine!

Fine amount is a joke and chance of getting caught is far too low in my opinion. For the dollars in provincial/federal taxes that sledders pay in all related activity, I think we get very little return in terms of enforcement.

• Thanks 2

Clubs need to build relationships with local detachments. Our club has Huronia west O.P.

P and the Save unit.  Sled and traffic divisions. Although they can't be everywhere, they want to know where we are having issues.  With Landowners, when trespassing or off trail  riding occurs they want personal introductions, so relationships can built with them as well.

For us, just a phone call away..

We had to work for this result, but we weren't willing to sit and wait for enforcement to just show up.  

Yes we also trail patrol, do permit checks, educate and scorn. Document and report everything and I mean everything. We as clubs need to protect our interconnected trail system with everything we can..

Tax dollars aside, Bill 101 and validation stickers should be covering enforcement...

Be loud and be heard...