2022 900 Turbo R tuning..

Turbo Doo

The reverse actuator motor on the Procross 4-strokes is a passenger side Saturn power window regulator motor.  Can get a replacement at NAPA, I'm told.  Never needed one yet.

1 hour ago, catinental couch said:

The DD gave no real trouble except we had to gear it up because it still had a bunch left on the table but it hit the rev limiter. 
The reverse motor was a pos and cat warranted it as well as the position sensor(switch) twice. Although the replacement reverse motor was not a make that I would call a quality unit, it never gave any trouble for the remaining time I owned it. New CCU under warranty and an O2 sensor as well as replacing the drivers’ heated seat element and seat cover. 
As far as deep snow, the 144 track was very surprising at how well it performed.   When I stepped off the machine and was looking up at the seat, I realized that this tank was pretty impressive. 
I was not convinced when I first bought one but my curiosity got the best of me. 

Ya, my DD was flawless - just so many others that seem to have issues, but you know how it is, only bad news on the interwebs.....

I never had the Barney, just rode a couple as well a few guys had them that I rode with back than - reverse failure resulted in towing that one ton tank out.....

Maybe the 144 track improved things in the floating department, I recall my sled would float across some deeper fresh snow and the Barney that followed just sank in it.....but it had the shorter track.

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Facebook Maine Photo..

download.jpeg-1.jpg

Hope they've got their Dupont Sliders on. LOL

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

From Dootalk.com....

fastest mph in 660 for the 900r was 93.75 6.715 1k cat 90.36 mph in 660 the doo fastest time in 1000' 98.90 mph cat fastest was 87.37 mph doo 600 in 1000' was 85.71 cat went 84.26.

download.jpeg.jpg

Looks promising !

Might need a new snow flap though :)

I am sure a lot of pumped people from the Doo camp.

39 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

From Whalen Performance. Some really good info here. Interesting to hear about the belts also, for guys changing from the stock belt......

@stoney listen to the talk about belts....

I’ll have to look up the OEM belt specs, but sounds like 2021 belts are different than 2022…. 2022 are “stickier”. 

10 hours ago, stoney said:

I’ll have to look up the OEM belt specs, but sounds like 2021 belts are different than 2022…. 2022 are “stickier”. 

I've personally had great success with the OEM Doo belts,  from my 1200's,  to my 850's, and now my 900 Turbo's....

3 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

I've personally had great success with the OEM Doo belts,  from my 1200's,  to my 850's, and now my 900 Turbo's....

From what I’ve read so far, the Doo belt is not bad at all, just was not as sticky as the 821, making the 821 more responsive, but it dropped the rpm’s a bit so caused for slight adjustments with the clutch to compensate. 
Which was interesting to hear the belt on the Mach is stickier…. maybe they changed that based on the above feedback from previous years.  
I have both, so can test them both out and see if my seat of the pants feeling can tell the difference. 

36 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

IIRC  all the 900 Turbo R's are using the same belts. X's, Enduro,  XRS'S, and the Mach's..

It would seem so and the same thing I read as well.

I just checked the online parts catalogue and the 2022 Mach, XRS & X for sure use belt 417300571 (same one the 850 uses)

Last year 900T used 417300531 - so different belt for sure. 

I know I read somewhere as well about people using the 850 belt on the 900T and not seeing any benefit other than a lighter wallet - but lots to do with perception as well.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, stoney said:

It would seem so and the same thing I read as well.

I just checked the online parts catalogue and the 2022 Mach, XRS & X for sure use belt 417300571 (same one the 850 uses)

Last year 900T used 417300531 - so different belt for sure. 

I know I read somewhere as well about people using the 850 belt on the 900T and not seeing any benefit other than a lighter wallet - but lots to do with perception as well.

Agreed 👍..

• 2 weeks later...

Friend up here, let me ride his 2021 900 turbo renegade (tuned)... thoroughly impressed. sooooooo smooth, no vibrations in hands, feet, butt. ultra smooth, and fast to 70mph plus. if I were a trail rider only, I would be seeking this type of sled out, for sure. Now I see what all the hype is about. jealous of you guys and gals, with this set up. Ski

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

Friend up here, let me ride his 2021 900 turbo renegade (tuned)... thoroughly impressed. sooooooo smooth, no vibrations in hands, feet, butt. ultra smooth, and fast to 70mph plus. if I were a trail rider only, I would be seeking this type of sled out, for sure. Now I see what all the hype is about. jealous of you guys and gals, with this set up. Ski

Wait till you ride a 2022.....

• Like 1