2022 900 Turbo R tuning..

Turbo Doo

On 9/12/2022 at 8:42 AM, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Looking for a Mach Z if anyone has one available............

Wow, you're going over to the 4 stroke dark side eh?

My buddy has a 22 900R, (not a Z) and its a dog.   I was very disappointed in it.   

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Wow, you're going over to the 4 stroke dark side eh?

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. 
Said it would never happen. 

1 hour ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

if the price is right and if its a Mach Z sure. Not going to jump to anything else really. 

Curious why must be a Mach vs XRS with all the bells and whistles?

I think differences would than only be ride height, graphics, clutching (ramps/weight) and launch mode of course. 

47 minutes ago, scottyr said:

My buddy has a 22 900R, (not a Z) and its a dog.   I was very disappointed in it.   

Disappointed in top end or corner to corner or both maybe?

These motors definitely react significantly differently based on temperatures. 

59 minutes ago, stoney said:

Disappointed in top end or corner to corner or both maybe?

These motors definitely react significantly differently based on temperatures. 

Top end was a huge disappointment and I could really feel the weight.    I really wanted to like it but could never see myself owning one after spending an hour on it.    2 buddies of mine bought 900 XRS' last year and both are going back to 850s for 23.   

2 hours ago, scottyr said:

Top end was a huge disappointment and I could really feel the weight.    I really wanted to like it but could never see myself owning one after spending an hour on it.    2 buddies of mine bought 900 XRS' last year and both are going back to 850s for 23.   

can’t say what you are saying is not out of the norm. 
I really enjoyed mine, too end could be better for sure. 

3 hours ago, stoney said:

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. 
Said it would never happen. 

Curious why must be a Mach vs XRS with all the bells and whistles?

I think differences would than only be ride height, graphics, clutching (ramps/weight) and launch mode of course. 

Just because its a Mach Z, no other reason

2 hours ago, scottyr said:

Im sure the weight will piss me off

If I was going to put up with the weight of a big turbo I would probably look at a Yamacat just because they can be made so much faster with very little effort/money.  

24 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Just because its a Mach Z, no other reason

Im sure the weight will piss me off

good luck - I’m sure something will pop up that is sensible from a price point. 
The weight issue sure does seem to be a divided one - some don’t see the issue or only in certain situations that aren’t experienced much while others do. 

24 minutes ago, scottyr said:

If I was going to put up with the weight of a big turbo I would probably look at a Yamacat just because they can be made so much faster with very little effort/money.  

Ya know you are getting old when screaming across the lake at 100 to 120 or more isn’t that important anymore…..lol

Nice to have bragging rights though. 

With the 900r s. I thought it was posted last season that someone read on Doo talk that the motors were detuned cause BRP didn't want them blowing up since there was such a supply chain issue.  They all need to go back for dess programming so the 900 s would get updated for more speed at that time ?

18 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

With the 900r s. I thought it was posted last season that someone read on Doo talk that the motors were detuned cause BRP didn't want them blowing up since there was such a supply chain issue.  They all need to go back for dess programming so the 900 s would get updated for more speed at that time ?

There is an update for the 2022 900T-R if you want it and you experienced the inconsistencies reported. I cannot recall the exact update, have to go and back read it.

But it seems that those that are more in the know of the 2022's & BRP in general, timing and boost are removed when certain temps are reached as a fail safe, temps that are way too conservative for most and why being able to get into the locked ECU to change those thresholds, like you can on the 2021 and older, has become a hot topic.

Plus some suggest the intercooler cannot keep up with the hot temps either that the turbo is producing, is another issue.

Nothing some $$$$ cannot fix - if you want to spend it that is......sadly, this should not be an issue though considering the flagship the new 900T-R engine set up and what the Mach was supposed to be, in some peoples eyes.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, scottyr said:

Those etec’s are hard to beat for average trail rider. Really miss my 600 etec. Would like to try a new 650 maybe from poo for a change. 

18 hours ago, stoney said:

good luck - I’m sure something will pop up that is sensible from a price point. 
The weight issue sure does seem to be a divided one - some don’t see the issue or only in certain situations that aren’t experienced much while others do. 

Ah I need to slow down in the muskoka trails anyway. So its probably better for me. The 850 XRS makes riding fast easy and fun.

• Like 2

There is a brand new 22 mach z posted on the Skidoo Owners FB page for $25 and it has quite a few accessories added to it.