2022 900 Turbo R tuning..

Turbo Doo

22 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Wait till you ride a 2022.....

I bet your feeling the same lol

• Haha 5

• 1 month later...

So I started my sled off from the start with with the ultimax belt vs the Doo belt, at first it rev’d to around 7900rpm but it never went much over 100mph…..but got there fast. 
Started to notice max rpm was now only 7600rpm and around 100mph was where it would get to and not go much further….hit a wall so to speak. 
Finally decided to put the Doo belt on but hadn’t got a chance to do any lake runs to see what the difference was, finally did today and sled rev’d to 7900 again but Speedo was now climbing past 100, I let off at 110 and returned to truck. 
I knew running the ultimax belt could use some clutch work to maximize its use, but didn’t think it would make that much of a difference. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, stoney said:

So I started my sled off from the start with with the ultimax belt vs the Doo belt, at first it rev’d to around 7900rpm but it never went much over 100mph…..but got there fast. 
Started to notice max rpm was now only 7600rpm and around 100mph was where it would get to and not go much further….hit a wall so to speak. 
Finally decided to put the Doo belt on but hadn’t got a chance to do any lake runs to see what the difference was, finally did today and sled rev’d to 7900 again but Speedo was now climbing past 100, I let off at 110 and returned to truck. 
I knew running the ultimax belt could use some clutch work to maximize its use, but didn’t think it would make that much of a difference. 

Doo belts for us only....Best luck I've had is with Stock belts..

1 minute ago, Turbo Doo said:

Doo belts for us only....Best luck I've had is with Stock belts..

I’ve always been a stock belt guy myself, but the aftermarket belt has so much good reviews figured something must be special about it other than the price….not the case. 
Maybe it excels with some clutch work too, but frankly I’ve done that in the past and not into those things anymore, just want to ride. 

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

Anyone looking at possible changes/modifications to their 2022's for the upcoming season?

Doesn't sound like all those with the non functioning DESS posts will be resolved for this season either......

19 minutes ago, stoney said:

Doesn't sound like all those with the non functioning DESS posts will be resolved for this season either......

They should not be allowed to ship  2023 models with functioning DESS until they complete the 2022's they delivered incomplete. I understand they may but it's not right in my opinion.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

They should not be allowed to ship  2023 models with functioning DESS until they complete the 2022's they delivered incomplete. I understand they may but it's not right in my opinion.

Agree 100% - I am not sure if the 2023's have it either actually, maybe someone with inside scoop can confirm, like @scottyr with close connection with his dealer.

I have read that the 2023's have the missing shocks that the 2022's are still doing without, or at least the shocks that the 2022's were supposed to have. 

3 hours ago, stoney said:

Agree 100% - I am not sure if the 2023's have it either actually, maybe someone with inside scoop can confirm, like @scottyr with close connection with his dealer.

I have read that the 2023's have the missing shocks that the 2022's are still doing without, or at least the shocks that the 2022's were supposed to have. 

How can there even really be an excuse at this point.

Come up with another plan or supplier?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

How can there even really be an excuse at this point.

Come up with another plan or supplier?

My guess is being cheap, not willing to pay more than they have too to complete sleds already paid for and delivered, at the expense of clients?!?!

I know in my field and the various things the chips affect, the chip shortage is still there, but the parts are still coming, better now than before, just not back to pre-covid eta’s on those goods. 

23 hours ago, stoney said:

My dealer has only opened a couple of crates up and so far they do NOT have functioning DESS posts.    He said that 90% of his current sleds are showing as missing parts.   

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, scottyr said:

My dealer has only opened a couple of crates up and so far they do NOT have functioning DESS posts.    He said that 90% of his current sleds are showing as missing parts.   

Thanks. 
so not an ideal start this year either. 
I wonder how badly that shut down/virus affected things, can’t see that affecting missing parts, but ya never know….maybe they couldn’t accept/scan parts arriving needed for sleds. 

Well, the DESS thing is a chip issue isn't it?

On 9/11/2022 at 2:35 PM, stoney said:

Yep. 
Hopefully dealers have a full supply of free dess post locks to supply in lieu of this. 

If it's of any consolation, apparently they have just recently started working the new site for the new Intel chip factory down near Columbus. So, in 3 years or so, maybe they can start stomping out chips in North America again?

My daughter is loving this too, as the site is 6 miles from her house. A house that they have been intending to sell next year anyhow, and move back up here as their oldest will be starting skewl next fall. Their property value has already increased 65% she said, and what they have is just shy of a McMansion at that, so they will have a fair chunk of their new house paid for when they sell that one!

That girl is a worker, and a penny pincher. Believe me - she squeeks! But it doesn't hurt to be lucky too eh?

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 8:42 AM, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Looking for a Mach Z if anyone has one available............

I found one in washago, 400km, $28,000. I can send you the details if you’re interested. 

I would be willing to make a wager that Mach Z (or Formula III?) is back for MY24.    

• Like 2

5 hours ago, oldslowsledder said:

Someone trying to cash in or is it modded? 

A buddy of mine I thought mentioned a few weeks ago that his 2023 loaded Rene XRS was 27 out the door…..close comparison I’d say, Mach seller is out to lunch, imo. 

8 hours ago, scottyr said:

I would be willing to make a wager that Mach Z (or Formula III?) is back for MY24.    

Said Mach not coming back so they have to keep thier word, if they want to bring in another limited addition one year model again. I think you are right and could see formula 3 or formula Z  or formula plus X  or even Mach 1  coming back for my 24. 
skidoo lineup don’t really excite me. Could see myself on poo 650 in near future. 😎

On 9/17/2022 at 11:03 PM, Re:Leaf said:

I found one in washago, 400km, $28,000. I can send you the details if you’re interested. 

Yes I have found a few at that price. But I want to pay a normal price. Thanks for the info though.

If not Ill ride my 850 again.