Theft Thread

gobills

3 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Wow, crazy, we have the exact same set of Seadoos and trailer as in that pic 

New purchase?

( kidding )

Ever had a car broken into? Police don't even show up. Have video? Little interest  ( Toronto  ). Enforcement matters.

54 minutes ago, Canuck said:

New purchase?

( kidding )

Ever had a car broken into? Police don't even show up. Have video? Little interest  ( Toronto  ). Enforcement matters.

Lol, no, original owners.....

Video just helps take the heat off you for the investigation. :)

Try a good old key ignition switch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stoney said:

So what are all the 2022 DOO owners planning to do about the lack of security on their new rides with a one key works for all 2022 sled, DESS system?

It would be interesting to hear an insurances companies thought on this.

3 hours ago, stoney said:

So what are all the 2022 DOO owners planning to do about the lack of security on their new rides with a one key works for all 2022 sled, DESS system?

1 hour ago, stoney said:

Shhhhh :secret2: do not tell them......lol.

BRP might stop sending the new units..

Brp should have this available any time now. Don't be surprised if some insurance companies need some theft deterent proof....

Screenshot_20211129-223318_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Brp should have this available any time now. Don't be surprised if some insurance companies need some theft deterent proof....

Screenshot_20211129-223318_Samsung Internet.jpg

Good to hear!

Are they including it in lieu of the Dess issue for now or available to purchase?

15 hours ago, stoney said:

Pay for the insurance and not worry about it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Pay for the insurance and not worry about it?

Sure, but than I miss out on riding in an already short season.....rather make possible theft a little harder for the pieces of $hit,

• Like 2

16 hours ago, snowchopper said:

It would be interesting to hear an insurances companies thought on this.

Not much to think about

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

Not much to think about

I think I remember you posting that you have an insurance background so i will ask the question. How would a claim go given the information in the posts above? Would the insurance company cover the loss? If they did cover it would they then go after SkiDoo for the dollars involved if SkiDoo had released sleds with inadequate startup security?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I think I remember you posting that you have an insurance background so i will ask the question. How would a claim go given the information in the posts above? Would the insurance company cover the loss? If they did cover it would they then go after SkiDoo for the dollars involved if SkiDoo had released sleds with inadequate startup security?

@PISTON LAKE CRUISER,  don't worry, at this rate, a majority of '22 doos will not see any snow, so there will be no worries..

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

You would need to review your policy to be sure.

Theft is covered - so long as you're not involved in it.

I don't recall anything in the fine print of the OAP excluding theft losses because of a security feature absent - unless stated otherwise.

If you leave the keys in your car and running - and it's stolen - is it still covered?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

You would need to review your policy to be sure.

Theft is covered - so long as you're not involved in it.

I don't recall anything in the fine print of the OAP excluding theft losses because of a security feature absent - unless stated otherwise.

If you leave the keys in your car and running - and it's stolen - is it still covered?

Even sleds with the old school key type of systems can be easily modified to allow a thief to take.

The new sleds with a electronic type of key, just makes it harder.....

So I cannot see how this situation would have any effects on how an Ins company will look at insuring sleds without a properly programmed Dess key for the time being.

If the so called new high tech anti-theft solution is so good, then why are push to start vehicles disappearing from driveways all over the place ?

Someone is so smart they're stupid.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

If the so called new high tech anti-theft solution is so good, then why are push to start vehicles disappearing from driveways all over the place ?

Someone is so smart they're stupid.

LOL....corruption at its finest!

I remember at one point people were hiding their VIN number when parked seeing as the thought was a person could go to a certain person and get a key made with that info......but as far as I know, when a key is programmed for a vehicle the vehicle & ket in question needs to be within range of the computer/scanner at the dealership to program the key.