Snowmobile Trailer Tires - ST145R12

stoney

My Triton trailer  is in need of new tires, the size of them are ST145R12 - anyone have any suggestion on a good place to buy these?

Just need the tire, I will re-use the aluminum rims.

Thank you 

See if you can go a touch bigger sidewall and a heavier ply.  I bought my trailer used from a mechanic who'd done this.  Has been much more reliable.  I found the stock tires on my previous triton wore bad if you don't stay right on top of the air pressure.  Need to keep 50 PSI in them.

2 hours ago, signfan said:

See if you can go a touch bigger sidewall and a heavier ply.  I bought my trailer used from a mechanic who'd done this.  Has been much more reliable.  I found the stock tires on my previous triton wore bad if you don't stay right on top of the air pressure.  Need to keep 50 PSI in them.

I have had the trailer since bought new in 2014, so I think the tires have held up pretty good for 7 years.....replaced one leaking valve stem in one tire to date.

I kind of like the narrower tires too as they tend to cut through the snow vs. riding on top of it.

And I grease the axles and check tire PSI on a very regular basis.....might be why they seem to have lasted so long.

Thanks for the feedback though :cheers:

7 hours ago, stoney said:

My Triton trailer  is in need of new tires, the size of them are ST145R12 - anyone have any suggestion on a good place to buy these?

Just need the tire, I will re-use the aluminum rims.

Thank you 

I've dealt with Scott Reinhart Trailer Sales in Shelburne for years.  IIRC, they have these tire sizes. 

Screenshot_20211030-213240_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Thanks 1

Just now, stoney said:

Ya, I did….they had the tire size I’m looking for on a rim though if I’m not mistaken. 

That's kinda what I thought.  I'd give Scott Reinharts a call sooner rather then later and see what they have for stock. Or call a few other trailer dealers around too. 

18 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Be ware princess uses Carile tires. 

good year marathons are nice trailer tires, if you can source them. 

I’ve purchased a few trailer tires from PA over the years and can’t say I’ve ever had any issues. 

4 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

That's kinda what I thought.  I'd give Scott Reinharts a call sooner rather then later and see what they have for stock. Or call a few other trailer dealers around too. 

In stock…..the good ole days…. Lol

Try Cerka in Milton or Miska in Flambrough .

Any tire place should be able to help you out. Then again I’m not from the city or a overly populated area. My local tire shop had me into 2 new tires (radial’s) mounted for 180$ last year at this time. 

10 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Be ware princess uses Carile tires. 

good year marathons are nice trailer tires, if you can source them. 

Marathon's are not a flagship tire, any longer. Goodyear endurance, and Maxxis m8008 are widely held as the premium trailer tire, in north america, for trailer and rv use. I have maxxis on my 9000 lb dry weight toyhauler, on recommendation from another internet forum I am on, I am very happy with them.

the main thing is to get them balanced and keep up on pressures. Ski

You got that right ski!!!

Proper tire installation, pressures and balancing is vital to trailer and tire performance. When I bought my tandem boat trailer from the manufacturer, the trailer tires nearly shook the back end off the truck on the way home. I took the tires off, mounted them properly, balanced them, reinstalled them and torqued them. I run them at the maximum pressure of 50 psi to control tire wear and decrease flat spotting when it sits idle. The Carlisle tires are certainly nothing as far as quality is concerned but are useable if you are careful with them. Whatever life you get out of them is what it is. Then replace them with something else. 

• Like 3