Sault Ste. Marie - 2021-2022 - Season

Dan-Senior

Some photos from yesterday's Snowmobile Trip north of Sault Ste. Marie.  Sledders were out-and-about enjoying the day and it was nice to see friends we haven't seen in awhile.  There is excellent snow-depth averaging 55 cms in the higher elevations..  We visited an old Abandoned Mine at the 1900' level.  It was a good day.

Yesterday's Video

ssm-7.jpg

ssm-3.jpg

ssm-4.jpg

ssm.jpg

ssm-5.jpg

ssm-6.jpg

ssm-1.jpg

• Like 14

Thanks Dan. Looks amazing for this time of year. In the sunny south, we had 2-3 inches of snow Saturday, but half of it is gone already.

• Sad 1

Amazing.

Sounds like you got the better part of 20", while Wawa doesn't seem to have much at all?

Their goose cam seems to be down right now, so can't really tell.

But SDB claims tall grass in Dubruil, so ....

1 hour ago, Ox said:

Amazing.

Sounds like you got the better part of 20", while Wawa doesn't seem to have much at all?

Their goose cam seems to be down right now, so can't really tell.

But SDB claims tall grass in Dubruil, so ....

There's a 3200 square mile section (80 x 40) of riding conditions north of the Sault, but snow-depth drops off south of Wawa and just west of Aubrey Falls to the east and Searchmont to the south.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My brief write-up of Sunday's Snowmobile trip north of Sault Ste. Marie.  The hyperlink has the full summary.

http://sled-x.ca/news/december-2021-report3.html

sled-x.ca - dec-21-2021.jpg

• Like 5

Sault Ste. Marie - Updates

It's snowing in the Sault today.  We don't have a lot of snow in the City Centre itself, however, north of the city is a different story.

ssm-tuesday.jpg

• Like 1

Sault Ste. Marie - Updates - Wednesday Dec. 22nd

We received 15 cms of powder last night within the City Centre.  I was up early this morning to blow the driveway and went for a sled run shortly after.  Hopefully our new neighbours next door from Southern-Ontario like snowmobiles.

ssm-snow-Friday-Morning.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

We did well in the past 2 days for fresh snow.  One more day of storms and we should see possible sunshine by Tuesday.  Total accumulations should be in the 40 cm range over a 3 day period.

Great for skiers, snowshoers and snowmobilers.

sault-ste-marie-jan-10.jpg

• Like 16

Coming up Wednesday to shovel my sons driveway and figure out a way to get from his house to the trails by sled.

• Like 1

Did the run up to Halfway Haven on Friday. We didn't get in till late and decided to stay the night, instead of ride home in the dark. I think we were the first overnight customers of the year. Darrel, Rory, Kim and Dee were great hosts, and we got a good education on what it takes to run this place. Please support them if you can.

271661777_10159905239709375_6554979628505154874_n.jpg

271678686_10159905239794375_8884679893271860804_n.jpg

271868049_10159905239539375_8700166220961091668_n.jpg

• Like 16

A 1 minute video summary of today's sled run north of Sault Ste. Marie.  The lakes are getting soupy due to heavy snow.

• Like 8

A few photos to go along with the video previously posted.  It was a good day north of the City.  Plenty of snow.

IMG_20220122_113820.jpg

IMG_20220122_122409.jpg

IMG_20220122_122412.jpg

IMG_20220122_131514.jpg

IMG_20220122_131516.jpg

IMG_20220122_133736.jpg

IMG_20220122_141834.jpg

IMG_20220122_150215.jpg

• Like 16
  • Haha 1

Dan, Thank you. Great quick clip, video. You obviously love Polaris and snowmobiling. 

• Like 2

May have to move to the Soo and join you Dan!!

• Like 1

1] You was saying a cpl yrs ago that you was in need of some riding buddy's as you was looking to git out more.

It looks like you must have found someone to ride with?

You have been out WAY more than I ever git.

Been 20 yrs since I have gotten as much riding as you seem to be git'n. 

(2450 klicks of mostly off-trail and Rocky Mtn's - was a good year to be me!)

Now-days, not so much.

2] It looks like a certain 440 is nose up and tail down.

3] Looks like your one buddy needs to learn to ride standing up in these conditions. (black sled)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sault Ste. Marie - Updates - Feb. 16th

Today, turned out to be decent day in Sault Ste. Marie.  +4C with a bit of sunshine and absolutely no rain.  We missed the meltdown.  

I changed the oil in my daughter's SUV, then went downtown to the waterfront, then off to Canadian Tire to spend money.

IMG_20220216_135947.jpg

IMG_20220216_142708.jpg

IMG_20220216_142851.jpg

• Like 5

Sault Ste. Marie - Incredible Amount of Snow

For my friends who are not living in Sault Ste. Marie, I just want to share with you that we have had so much snow this winter and snowblowing the driveway is a daily job and we are running out of room to put it. Enjoy the weekend humour (attached)

SSM Winter Jobs.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dan-Senior said:
Sault Ste. Marie - Incredible Amount of Snow

For my friends who are not living in Sault Ste. Marie, I just want to share with you that we have had so much snow this winter and snowblowing the driveway is a daily job and we are running out of room to put it. Enjoy the weekend humour (attached)

SSM Winter Jobs.jpg

And how are the hounds doin ?  I kinda stopped following OHL cause we can't get into the arena

On 2/21/2022 at 11:06 PM, volunteer2 said:

And how are the hounds doin ?  I kinda stopped following OHL cause we can't get into the arena

Same here.  We lost our enthusiasm to get out to events such as hockey.  Hopefully, that will re-bound soon.  The Hounds are 29-31, not a good year for them.

31 minutes ago, Dan-Senior said:

Same here.  We lost our enthusiasm to get out to events such as hockey.  Hopefully, that will re-bound soon.  The Hounds are 29-31, not a good year for them.

Same here   Rangers did some selling   filling the cupboard    we were planning on coming up in October for a Ranger Hounds game    things got changed when my wife got her shoulder tendon repaired     sledding for her also postphoned 😪

The Weather Report for Sault Ste. Marie is the same as yesterday and will be the same for tomorrow.  lol.  It just keeps coming.

Golfing in May...forget it.  Snowmobiling in May...maybe

snow.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2