Sault Ste. Marie - 2021-2022 - Season

Dan-Senior

It's that time of year for those ready for early-season riding.  North of Sault Ste. Marie in the mountains will soon see snow.  On average, we start riding on about November 14th.  We will see how close that pattern holds for this year.  Last year, it was October 25th for the 1st ride.

The countdown begins.

I will again be running the Cross-Country 440's this year, a legendary tradition that I hold for the past few decades. 

Wishing everyone a safe 2021-22 season.  Keep in touch.

Dan-Senior

Sault Ste. Marie

https://www.facebook.com/kachur.dan/

• Like 10

looking forward to the reports, pics, and video's as always Dan. Maybe this year we can get you with Scott and Paige, and run to Dub, Wawa, for a weekend. you all have a place to stay, no charge. Ski

• Like 3

On 10/29/2021 at 5:28 PM, Dan-Senior said:

It's that time of year for those ready for early-season riding.  North of Sault Ste. Marie in the mountains will soon see snow.  On average, we start riding on about November 14th.  We will see how close that pattern holds for this year.  Last year, it was October 25th for the 1st ride.

The countdown begins.

I will again be running the Cross-Country 440's this year, a legendary tradition that I hold for the past few decades. 

Wishing everyone a safe 2021-22 season.  Keep in touch.

Dan-Senior

Sault Ste. Marie

https://www.facebook.com/kachur.dan/

@Dan-Senior, hoping all is well with you guys in the Sault. Looking forward to your reports and pic's.  

• Like 3

My Cross-Country Snowmobile Report for the Sault Ste. Marie Region - October 2021 - 1st Report of the 2021-22 Season.

http://sled-x.ca/news/october-2021-report.html

Dan-Senior

cross-country-october-2021.jpg

• Like 1

Good Morning from Sault Ste. Marie.  

ssm1.jpg

• Like 12

• 3 weeks later...
Sault Ste. Marie Blizzard Report
For my out-of-town friends, I want to keep you in the loop. We are in the middle of a full 24 hour storm here in Sault Ste. Marie and when all said and done by tonight, there should be at 20cms (8" on the ground). (Photo attached)

I'm heading out tomorrow with the sled. It should be a good day of riding the mountains. If all goes well, I'll report positive news back to the group.

blizzard-ssm.jpg

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Dan-Senior said:
Sault Ste. Marie Blizzard Report
For my out-of-town friends, I want to keep you in the loop. We are in the middle of a full 24 hour storm here in Sault Ste. Marie and when all said and done by tonight, there should be at 20cms (8" on the ground). (Photo attached)

I'm heading out tomorrow with the sled. It should be a good day of riding the mountains. If all goes well, I'll report positive news back to the group.

blizzard-ssm.jpg

What dreams are made of Dan. Thanks for sharing @Dan-Senior

Hi Everyone,

It's Official!  Welcome to the 2021/22 Winter Season in Sault Ste. Marie.  

I was north of the city today in the mountains.  Riding was good with 10" of snow.

Like clockwork,  the 3rd week of November is always mountain riding time north of city and is a tradition I enjoy year-after-year.

A temporary warm-up is forecasted, however, cooler temperatures to follow.

Dan-Senior

Sault Ste. Marie

north of sault ste marie nov 23-3.jpg

north of sault ste marie nov 23-2.jpg

north of sault ste marie nov 23-1.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Dan-Senior said:

Hi Everyone,

It's Official!  Welcome to the 2021/22 Winter Season in Sault Ste. Marie.  

I was north of the city today in the mountains.  Riding was good with 10" of snow.

Like clockwork,  the 3rd week of November is always mountain riding time north of city and is a tradition I enjoy year-after-year.

A temporary warm-up is forecasted, however, cooler temperatures to follow.

Dan-Senior

Sault Ste. Marie

north of sault ste marie nov 23-3.jpg

north of sault ste marie nov 23-2.jpg

north of sault ste marie nov 23-1.jpg

Awesome stuff Dan, thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1

Inspirational for sure, Dan. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sault Ste. Marie Updates

Some fresh snow overnight in the Sault. We will head out with the sleds tomorrow north of the city and try our luck.  Attached is the projected snow map for Sunday afternoon.

https://www.sootoday.com/local-news/city-of-sault-ste-marie-declares-significant-weather-event-and-advises-against-unnecessary-travel-4829549

Dan

snow-1.jpg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Dan-Senior said:

Sault Ste. Marie Updates

Some fresh snow overnight in the Sault. We will head out with the sleds tomorrow north of the city and try our luck.  Attached is the projected snow map for Sunday afternoon.

https://www.sootoday.com/local-news/city-of-sault-ste-marie-declares-significant-weather-event-and-advises-against-unnecessary-travel-4829549

Dan

snow-1.jpg

Looking forward to your future post and pics. It definitely helps us with the green grass showing...

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Looking forward to your future post and pics. It definitely helps us with the green grass showing...

X2. Really like riding in the SSM area.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 7:46 AM, Dan-Senior said:

Sault Ste. Marie Updates

Dan

snow-1.jpg

Might be time to come up and visit my grandkids.....with my sled.

• Like 1

Snow-depth is good north of Sault Ste. Marie.  On average, we were in about 16" of snow (40 cms) in the snowbelt area on Sunday.  A good start to a traditional winter.

breaking trail.jpg

ssm.jpg

• Like 14

cant beat first tracks on fresh snow, with snow up to, or over the bumper. thanks for sharing with us Dan! Ski

• Like 2

Sault Ste. Marie - Updates

It's been an amazing December here and particularly north of Sault Ste. Marie.  So much snow and so early in the season.  This could be another stellar winter.

sault snow depth.jpg

sault ste. marie blizzard.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Dan-Senior said:

It's been an amazing December here and particularly north of Sault Ste. Marie.  So much snow and so early in the season.  This could be another stellar winter.  Its been a blizzard all day today.

sault snow depth.jpg

sault ste. marie blizzard.jpg

Looking good. Definitely better then the summer we are experiencing in the South here...

16 hours ago, Dan-Senior said:

It's been an amazing December here and particularly north of Sault Ste. Marie.  So much snow and so early in the season.  This could be another stellar winter.

I love your optimism! I always check here for conditions in the Soo. I'm ready to drop everything, load the sled, and head up there!

16 hours ago, Dan-Senior said:

It's raining in Sault Ste. Marie today.  We are not immune to the mild temperatures moving in this afternoon-overnight with a projected high of 7-8 degrees Celsius (44-46F).  The good news is there's plenty of snow in the bush north of the city and this will pack nicely making for some decent bush riding. 

Fresh powder is on the way for Thursday afternoon as winter returns to the region 

• Like 6

I added the Rear-View Camera, the Power Supply and the AC-DC Converter today. Instead of twisting backwards to look who is behind or using a hand mirror, the Tablet will work.  Chad and I are going to run the mountains north of the City tomorrow and see how the new addition works.

backup camera android-800.jpg

android-800.jpg

backup-camera-800.jpg

battery.jpg

package-800.jpg

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Dan-Senior said:

I added the Backup Camera today, the power supply and the AC-DC Converter. Chad and I are going to run the mountains north of the City tomorrow and see how the new addition works.

backup camera android-800.jpg

android-800.jpg

backup-camera-800.jpg

battery.jpg

package-800.jpg

Nice setup Dan. Looking forward to some snow pics..

• Like 1