Will a 15 to 20% increase in fuel prices impact the sled season?

Sksman

3 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

I meant that in a general comment here. For most of us, it is what it is, but I'm sure for some it doesn't help. This sport is costly,  period.  Wait till new sled prices increase even more in the spring.  

Should be an interesting year.  A lot of new and young inexperienced sledders on big power machines.  Might be a lot of wrecks.  Heard the atv season had a lot of damaged units.   

I am really surprised that the market has stayed as strong as it has.   At some point some or a lot of guys are going to get bit buying high dollar used and the market dropping.

There will be some good deals eventually.  

Just now, Sksman said:

Should be an interesting year.  A lot of new and young inexperienced sledders on big power machines.  Might be a lot of wrecks.  Heard the atv season had a lot of damaged units.   

I am really surprised that the market has stayed as strong as it has.   At some point some or a lot of guys are going to get bit buying high dollar used and the market dropping.

There will be some good deals eventually.  

Totally agree. It's going to be interesting season. Let's see how people react when having to pick up and pay for spring orders in February and March. Myself included in that last statement.  Waiting on 2 '22 900T R's...

Just now, signfan said:

I just hope the grooming can keep up.  With that many more sleds on the trails the clubs are going to need to up their games during high volume times.

Can't wait for the snow piles with all these hero's on new Machs with the launch control,  doing it in the middle of trails...:icon_munching:8-)

12 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Totally agree. It's going to be interesting season. Let's see how people react when having to pick up and pay for spring orders in February and March. Myself included in that last statement.  Waiting on 2 '22 900T R's...

How many are going to bail?  A lot...  would you take a sled in March?

6 minutes ago, gobills said:

How many are going to bail?  A lot...  would you take a sled in March?

Let's see what happens.  The same issues will most likely persist for next spring order and delivery for '23 models, with even higher price tags. Word is yet another G or 2 added to '23 models...

1 minute ago, Turbo Doo said:

Let's see what happens.  The same issues will most likely persist for next spring order and delivery for '23 models, with even higher price tags. Word is yet another G or 2 added to '23 models...

Agree on the issues not going away.  Unless we start to build these parts in NA. Not much will change.  Would you take a sled in March?

2 minutes ago, gobills said:

Agree on the issues not going away.  Unless we start to build these parts in NA. Not much will change.  Would you take a sled in March?

Your last statement is a tough one for me to answer.  Ask me in March. All depends on my state of mind,  then I guess... I'd potentially pass, and spring order again, who the heck knows...Or be outta the sport by then...

1 minute ago, Turbo Doo said:

Your last statement is a tough one for me to answer.  Ask me in March. All depends on my state of mind,  then I guess..

After sitting out 75 percent of winter with no sled lol let me know if you'll take it.

2 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

I have my '21, for now. But I agree 👍.  I better not be waiting until March...Did you buy new?. :evil2:

Sitting waiting for it to come in.  Might have a gauge, might not lol.  Might come in December, but maybe Jan.  

9 hours ago, gobills said:

Dealers have waiting lists of guys begging for sleds. 60 - 70 names.  Sure maybe same 70 names at 5 dealers but how many people are going to walk away from spring order if they currently have a 2 or 3 year old sled and can sell it for top used dollar when their new comes in?

Bottom line I think is weather will dictate many peoples decisions in Feb and March.    

Might be a good year to sell everything in January and take a Florida trip.   Just keep all the cash handy for spring purchases.   

I have a friend looking for a second sled that his adult kids can use.   Ideally he wants a Skidoo Renegade 900 Ace.   Good friggin luck!   I have been looking for him and what I found was a lot of 800 and 850 sleds.   The odd 1200 and a few 600 Carb sleds.   No Ski-doo 900 ACE, turbo or non-turbo.   Even the 600eTec is a hard find that doesn't have a million miles on it.

If people that are new end up with what's available, we are going to have some hurt people on our trails.  :(

39 minutes ago, Domino said:

I have a friend looking for a second sled that his adult kids can use.   Ideally he wants a Skidoo Renegade 900 Ace.   Good friggin luck!   I have been looking for him and what I found was a lot of 800 and 850 sleds.   The odd 1200 and a few 600 Carb sleds.   No Ski-doo 900 ACE, turbo or non-turbo.   Even the 600eTec is a hard find that doesn't have a million miles on it.

If people that are new end up with what's available, we are going to have some hurt people on our trails.  :(

Looking for a sled for the wife, newer than '05. yea.. Lots of not so good sleds out there. 6k for a 2005 600 with 17k miles, rebuilt by back yard joe, i forsee a lot of sled's on the sides of trails this year if newcomers end up buying some of this stuff. It will be interesting..

1 hour ago, Domino said:

I know a guy who has one.......................................

1 hour ago, Domino said:

9A5C3D5C-1B7C-48BC-B1B6-9ABBB27D1B1D.png

4 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

I know a guy who has one.......................................

I think I know the sled....

19 minutes ago, Nunz said:

9A5C3D5C-1B7C-48BC-B1B6-9ABBB27D1B1D.png

Yes, there are some high mileage sleds in QC.   A bit of a drive to check them out.

On 10/31/2021 at 9:53 PM, Turbo Doo said:

I know you will take it in March and ride it until April, then trade it on 2023 like you always doo. Hopefully we can ride local trails this winter again 👍