2022 OFSC trail permit

andreyboater

On 10/15/2021 at 10:09 PM, Strong Farmer said:

At least they are trying something new. Maybe ofsc insurance company insisted on video to hold rates steady? Who knows! 

Or perhaps the clubs have had enough and voiced the frustration, who knows!

• Like 2

On 10/15/2021 at 7:33 PM, skidooboy said:

the bad thing is, those that need to see this the most, dont support the system, or buy permits anyway so, they are really preaching to the choir. Ski

Possibly, but I believe there are lots of sleds with permits going off trail in Southern Ontario at least. That said they might be riding Dad or Mom's sled. 

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

That cold be it too. Wish there was an easy answer. I seen this when I went hiking last week. Not one person off the trail either 

AAE79E56-6F60-4B8B-B8F2-03D8CF838FE3.jpeg

So maybe "Beware of Sewage Lagoon" signs would work in the winter.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

BEWARE.......LAND MINES

Beware electric fence, with a few random poles.

9 hours ago, zoso said:

Any rider that actually cares can use the crown land atlas to determine where one can freely ride off trail. Sadly many do not care.

True.  But can they actually understand where they are on that map when out in the field.  Sadly many cannot.  Trails were created to solve an issue (ppl riding anywhere and everywhere).  It worked.  This is a new issue and a similar solution is needed.  Question is more who will provide the info in a manner that your avg joe blow can actually use (on a phone or GPS system).  With insurance the way it is sadly OFSC may not be a willing candidate for this job be that right or wrong.

I appreciate the message and it needs to get out there.  That was accomplished in 15 seconds.   The rest of it felt like 10 minutes and was just crap.  That crap help to lose the key message and that is to stay on the f'in trail you morons.

I had to play it twice, once for each permit.   15 seconds....  that's my attention span.  After that I throw poop!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Got my permits today

• Like 1

19 hours ago, signfan said:

True.  But can they actually understand where they are on that map when out in the field.  Sadly many cannot.  Trails were created to solve an issue (ppl riding anywhere and everywhere).  It worked.  This is a new issue and a similar solution is needed.  Question is more who will provide the info in a manner that your avg joe blow can actually use (on a phone or GPS system).  With insurance the way it is sadly OFSC may not be a willing candidate for this job be that right or wrong.

Sadly for most part I doubt most if any that ride off trail legally now would go out of their way for legal off trail access. They simply just don't care about anyone or anything other than themselves and have zero respect for others.

There was a time when a land owner, other sledders and or as once called trail wardens could cuff a guy across the helmet a few times and tell him to smarten up without legal issues.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, soupkids said:

Got my permits today

Me too. I think it must be the 8th or 9th permit issued according to the number on it.

2 hours ago, Nutter said:

Sadly for most part I doubt most if any that ride off trail legally now would go out of their way for legal off trail access. They simply just don't care about anyone or anything other than themselves and have zero respect for others.

There was a time when a land owner, other sledders and or as once called trail wardens could cuff a guy across the helmet a few times and tell him to smarten up without legal issues.  

That would work well, too bad we cannot do it.

Wait your supposed to stay on the trails? Huh who knew. 

Maybe a nice instructional video would be a thing to prevent that. Definitely 10+ minutes for sure.

Ill write them a letter with my idea. Wish me luck!

• Haha 1

On 10/16/2021 at 9:35 PM, stoney said:

Shhhh, don’t be saying these sort of things until after it’s a good year….

Yeah I am still waiting for first good frost. Might be November before that happens. Jack must have worked to hard last winter and can’t get out of bed early this year. So another few weeks of summer it is 🤣

Ordered our 2 gift cards this am as no VIN numbers yet for the sleds.

• Like 1

OFSC permit arrived today.    Still on the fence about buying a full season Quebec permit.   60/40 that I will.   

42 minutes ago, signfan said:

Two OFSC permits and two FCMQ permits ordered last week.  No plans to donate.  I plan to hold myself accountable and ensure I get my value out of both provinces permits :).

My permit has been a donation the last several years due to hockey consuming every minute of my free time.

I still have a sled - still put a permit on it every year - if I get out for 50 miles or 500 miles - I'll take whatever I can get.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Spiderman said:

My permit has been a donation the last several years due to hockey consuming every minute of my free time.

I still have a sled - still put a permit on it every year - if I get out for 50 miles or 500 miles - I'll take whatever I can get.

I hear ya!! As hard as I try to put on as many miles as possible…..it’s the simple things in life that get in the way!!…..either way,,, buy a permit, support the clubs and enjoy as much as you can!!

• Like 3

My two permits arrived today. I will wait and see yet on Quebec permits.

• Like 1

got confirmation yesterday, our permits were shipped. next time we are in Dub, we should have them. Ski

• Like 3

2 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Its so great that I cant look at a damn trail map to see and plan my trips this winter.

Maybe that should be recitifed.

Yep like it or not OFSC is prioritizing landowners over the riders.  It sucks, but small price to pay if it keeps trails open.  Dec 1st it will be up.

• Like 2