Cambridge man has serious injuries after his snowmobile flipped over

LuvMyViper

I hope he's gonna be OK....

Police say a Cambridge man has serious injuries after his snowmobile flipped over in Woolwich Township.

The Waterloo Regional Police Service says a man was injured Sunday in a snowmobile crash in Woolwich Township.

Emergency responders were called to a field near Vance Road and Shantz Station around 12:30 p.m.

Police say a 72-year-old man was driving the snowmobile when it flipped.

He was taken to a hospital outside Waterloo Region with serious injuries.

Police say their investigation in ongoing.

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/cambridge-man-seriously-injured-in-snowmobile-crash-1.5592735?cid=sm%3Atrueanthem%3Actvkitchener%3Apost&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A Trending Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1oGiZa3RGJU1erJKp2Ki4muCV0xsLV8w8CQ4oltDLhQ3BGPcKIpXoZu0c

That's what we call dedicated to the sport.

I had to check the date.

12:30 is a little early to be all shitty faced, but it is a Sunday and the rules of normal do not apply.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Was just talking to a buddy. The guy got banged up bad but is apparently chomping at the bit to get out of the hospital.  Wants to get to the races he says.   Let's hope for the best for him. 

Thank god!

• Like 2

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Here’s an update to my Sept 21 post with a new report titled: “Cambridge man seriously hurt in a collision involving snowmobile”. In my post, I expressed surprise about a summertime snowmobile injury and can now set the record straight, thanks to Tony Schmidt…
The injured party is Peter Brenner, one of the best racer/tuners involved in grass drag racing. On Sunday, September 19, he was sled testing in a field, which isn’t an unusual summer activity in this circuit, but that fact has been overlooked by all media reports on the incident to date.
Peter is pictured here standing beside racer Alan Glavin. Here’s one link I found posting race results for Peter (see Snow-Cross Class 0-500 and Mod 0-500) -
I join the entire snowmobile community and his many grass drag friends and fans in wishing Peter a complete and speedy recovery. Word has it that he’s already standing in physio! To contribute to the Go Fund Me campaign is Peter's name, click here: https://gofund.me/3a0e63a2
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2