Wing Night

Turbo Doo

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

We are going on Hiatus for now. All of our equipment is going into storage while we look/wait for an opportunity.

We hope to rent a facility and deep fryers to host a couple of Wing Nights at for next season (similar to what Milverton does) just to keep the hope alive.

For the new trail we only need a simple bridge made of culverts. Trail will work a bit better as the groomer won't have to deal with the hill. They were only able to groom on the downhill for the last few years.

That’s sad, but I know most want to ride and not run a club house anyways. It will be missed no doubt.  

always had the best club house ,will be hard to replace.how many years was it open ,cant recall.

5 minutes ago, wrightonalan said:

always had the best club house ,will be hard to replace.how many years was it open ,cant recall.

Just short of 30 years for the current building. There was a shack there previous to that.

thanks ,i knew it was there for a while

5 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

Oh yes. The shack.   Close the hotel and to the shack. Late nights. 

I remember new Dundee shack too. Dale Snyder’s property where maple tap is today owned by sallans family now. 
Too bad I didn’t know Ed wanted to sell. By the time I seen ad it was too late. Me and volunteer could have went in and had a place for snowmobile club and car club too. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

I remember new Dundee shack too. Dale Snyder’s property where maple tap is today owned by sallans family now. 
Too bad I didn’t know Ed wanted to sell. By the time I seen ad it was too late. Me and volunteer could have went in and had a place for snowmobile club and car club too. 

Ya    don't think so   don't have deep pockets like you :poke2:

8 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Yeah that’s going to change fast. Issac is due soon on Tuesday. I have to borrow a few dollars from turbo doo 🤣

I think you'll be fine. Congratulations on your family addition. Life is good 

9 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

Im hoping for the best     take care  

They did a stress test today and said he is fine for now and weighs 4.5 kg’s at moment. 5 days over due now. Back to doctor on Monday for more tests if he doesn’t arrive before then. 
He might be stronger then me 🤣.  Looks like over 10 ibs before delivery day now. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

They did a stress test today and said he is fine for now and weighs 4.5 kg’s at moment. 5 days over due now. Back to doctor on Monday for more tests if he doesn’t arrive before then. 
He might be stronger then me 🤣.  Looks like over 10 ibs before delivery day now. 

hopefully all ok

• Like 1

Have a great wing night   I am sure you will sell out   Lots of great memories at the club house ( both of them ) and wing nites    You also hosted the GTSA AGM a couple times too    Couple times to remember was when we double groomed the area with the east and central machines when OFSC Pres Bruce and Liz rode thru the area in their quest to ride all OFSC trails   Ran out of fuel one night and got towed to the club house where my wife brought a can of fuel  She was not impressed since I went grooming thru the night then and we were flying to Vegas the next morning   It was mid March and our winter here arrived very late that year  Good luck St Clements club with your future plans    Nick W 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

Have a great wing night   I am sure you will sell out   Lots of great memories at the club house ( both of them ) and wing nites    You also hosted the GTSA AGM a couple times too    Couple times to remember was when we double groomed the area with the east and central machines when OFSC Pres Bruce and Liz rode thru the area in their quest to ride all OFSC trails   Ran out of fuel one night and got towed to the club house where my wife brought a can of fuel  She was not impressed since I went grooming thru the night then and we were flying to Vegas the next morning   It was mid March and our winter here arrived very late that year  Good luck St Clements club with your future plans    Nick W 

Thanks Nick.

I've always believed that a good clubhouse helped keep a club strong. I got persuaded by Ted Lamont to go to a club AGM in I believe 1990.  It was the year the new clubhouse was built. Wife wasn't impressed when I came home and told her I was now on the executive LOL. I'd do it again in a minute. It paved the way to meeting many great friends & volunteers over the years.

Ed Brenner deserves a lot of thanks for building the clubhouse and leasing it back to the club. It wouldn't of happened without him. Ed did a lot for the St. Clements club over the years. He completed many tasks that no one else ever knew about.

• Like 4

Thanks to all who came out.

Its was a good night. We did end up with 100 lbs of wings left over but they always find a home.

Hopefully, we will see you all again at some point in the future.

For myself, I am really going to miss the clubhouse. It was the reason I joined St Clements. I wanted to do my part to help it continue. I hate to see it come to an end. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Thanks to all who came out.

Its was a good night. We did end up with 100 lbs of wings left over but they always find a home.

Hopefully, we will see you all again at some point in the future.

For myself, I am really going to miss the clubhouse. It was the reason I joined St Clements. I wanted to do my part to help it continue. I hate to see it come to an end. 

Sad to see it gone. Lots of work and volunteer hours to make it sustainable. 30 years is a good run though. Thanks for you and your wife’s dedication over the years, much appreciated. 

• Like 4

• 6 months later...