Wing Night

Turbo Doo

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Wing night this coming Friday night?

Yes there is. Same setup as last month for getting wings I believe if new rules haven't changed it.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2022 at 9:48 PM, Turbo Doo said:

I knew I was correct when I was craving 40 Creek Wings today...:cheers:

Not this month TD. Wing Night for this Friday has been cancelled. No problem for me as we are in quarantine for a while.

• Sad 3

• 3 weeks later...

Wing is back on for Feb 4.

And should anyone be thinking of asking, No, I haven't heard of a plan for what we will do if the trails are open. Going to inquire today.

• Like 1

The drool for 40 Creek Wings has started And some of the St. Clements trails are open. The trail connection with Wellesley, New Hamburg, Baden and New Dundee is open. This may be the last chance to ride your sled to the current clubhouse on Wing Night.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Going to be a double shift in plow truck if that happens. Of course it will come after half snow melts too 🤣

Why aren't you out riding?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/28/2022 at 6:28 PM, Blackstar said:

Now showing up to 20cms of snow so who knows.....:icon_snow:

This about sums my feelings towards the Weather Meteorologists

fs8.jpg.fd0d89257b3db91ee2167115c7d150ef.jpg

Enjoy your wings, drooling just reading this!

• Like 1

getting closer and now they upped the snow to 25-30 cms.

Going to be warm wednesday so likely will be less than that on the ground but it still sounds good.

Rode local trails yesterday afternoon, pretty good here in D5. South of highway 7 and 8 trails are nice too from tavistock to plattsville and over to new Dundee. Not much snow near Stratford it seemed on main trail. Went up north west side from new Hamburg and back down the south. New Dundee is best it’s been in three years. 

2B3C7E87-D2D6-433E-946C-1B2586D3CF5C.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

We had planned on going, but we will be in the North riding.  Hopefully Wing nights continue into the future. .

We are going to try but we have no plans as to how that will happen. Most likely it will not be snowmobile accessible.

2 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

No more trail thru the property either I bet? Hopefully you sell out 😎

No, the trail is moving to a neighbouring property. A new bridge is required but that's all in the works.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Blackstar said:

We are going to try but we have no plans as to how that will happen. Most likely it will not be snowmobile accessible.

No, the trail is moving to a neighbouring property. A new bridge is required but that's all in the works.

Great that sounds like a big project. 
Any idea where club is going to go if any where? 

11 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Great that sounds like a big project. 
Any idea where club is going to go if any where? 

We are going on Hiatus for now. All of our equipment is going into storage while we look/wait for an opportunity.

We hope to rent a facility and deep fryers to host a couple of Wing Nights at for next season (similar to what Milverton does) just to keep the hope alive.

For the new trail we only need a simple bridge made of culverts. Trail will work a bit better as the groomer won't have to deal with the hill. They were only able to groom on the downhill for the last few years.

• Like 2