Wing Night

Turbo Doo

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Cash only this year and how much are wings now? 

Its always been cash only at the clubhouse.

32 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Its always been cash only at the clubhouse.

Thought maybe with covid they get square and eliminate cash handling and that awful register. Be easy to track accounting too, since you get free invoices on all daily transactions. Debit card they only charge 10 cents a transaction and no equipment rentals. Just need an internet connection. 

2 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Thought maybe with covid they get square and eliminate cash handling and that awful register. Be easy to track accounting too, since you get free invoices on all daily transactions. Debit card they only charge 10 cents a transaction and no equipment rentals. Just need an internet connection. 

Obviously you haven't been there for quite some time.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

@PISTON LAKE CRUISER, I can taste the wings already.....

Yep! Not sure if I will make it but still trying to arrange to.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

How are wing nights going? Hopefully turn out is good for last year 😀

Better this year. Both Wing nights have been around 200 orders. Down from our "normal" wing nights by about 25% but much better than last year.

It was a bit of a challenge getting wings though (had to go to 2 different suppliers to get enough) and I think the wings were just a bit smaller than what we are used to seeing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Better this year. Both Wing nights have been around 200 orders. Down from our "normal" wing nights by about 25% but much better than last year.

It was a bit of a challenge getting wings though (had to go to 2 different suppliers to get enough) and I think the wings were just a bit smaller than what we are used to seeing.

Maybe a certain OC Member has chicken 🐔 wing contacts?. 🤔 

• Haha 2

I was thinking the same thing ☺️

On 11/8/2021 at 11:01 PM, Blackstar said:

Yeah been a wing shortage more Canada’s are buying them and cooking at home. Chicken live  price has been rising because of feed cost and now processors been pushing back hard on size of the bird. My target is 2.1 to 2.4 kg’s. Give them a 2.45 and you never hear end of it 😂.  We use to have an incentive for size of 4 cents a kg for proper size.  Now they just bulley yeah into giving them proper size. I think they forget it is a live product and breeder age of chicks very greatly for us too, which affects size. But no point trying to slow them down if they are growing to fast, because that costs money and time and no incentive now. Fun times. 
Time for a new contract since my current company is a huge headache for me 😂

• Like 2

On 11/9/2021 at 9:23 PM, wrightonalan said:

I was thinking the same thing ☺️

Jumbo wings that st clements usually sources locally aren’t even available in retail store at my current processor. All going to pubs and restaurants for a premium no doubt.
Brazil usually ships in lots of wings into our market too, but I think covid thrown a wrench into shipments it seems. 
St clements has always sourced its chicken wings from a local

business in town too, they usually carry large brazil Wings too. 

18 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Wings from Brazil?, they must be hairless?. :hyper:,  being their Brazilian right?. :wtf:

You must mean featherless.

2 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

You must mean featherless.

Featherless for sure. I believe in Ontario if you find a single feather in a container of ready to cook chicken, you are not supposed to use any of the chicken in the package no matter what size the package is. Note sure if all kitchens give a cluck though.

Brazilian wings true story , I met a pub owner from Southampton who also imported 30 to 40 k lbs. of JUMBO wings monthly . All sold before they landed min order 500 lbs. . l couldn't see myself jamming that amount in the family freezer . 

• Sad 1