Snowmobile Show cancelled

Christy

1 hour ago, zoso said:

Where will they get the sleds to display? Used ones from this year?

Same thing with auto show being cancelled zero inventory too. Dealers don’t need shows to move product at moment so why bother. I highly doubt we will see a show this fall, if inventories remain tight and demand is strong.  

There seem to be a lot of RAM trucks advertised and available. Rumour has it  that sold in Canada trucks from GM and Ford are being shipped south ($ exchange) and warranty is valid. Chrysler voids the warranty (or at least doesn't honour it down south). Hence, no Chrysler trucks southbound and more left in Canada. Who knows. But I've been wondering about all the 'discount' ads on Hockey Night in Canada for RAM trucks in times of presumably low inventory and this was mentioned as an explanation.

29 minutes ago, Canuck said:

There seem to be a lot of RAM trucks advertised and available. Rumour has it  that sold in Canada trucks from GM and Ford are being shipped south ($ exchange) and warranty is valid. Chrysler voids the warranty (or at least doesn't honour it down south). Hence, no Chrysler trucks southbound and more left in Canada. Who knows. But I've been wondering about all the 'discount' ads on Hockey Night in Canada for RAM trucks in times of presumably low inventory and this was mentioned as an explanation.

When I used to work for a GM dealer in the late 90's and early 2k the warranty did not cross the boarder either way. US trucks would have to pay for any covered repairs in Canada and then get reimbursed when they got home. Same went for Canadians that headed south. If you imported a US truck and registered it in Canada it would have to go stateside for warranty repairs.

Had a couple of our snowbird customers that needed injectors in their Duramax while in Florida for the winter and had to pay out of pocket for them.

• Like 1

Well I am thankful that Bombi didn't read that!

I bought a 1 yr old 1996 Grand Touring from a dealer in the UP.

The sled was a DNR machine.

On Dec 31 1996 I had a shock replaced in Kap and they said that it was under warranty. (last day!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Canuck said:

I did find it odd that a dealer I drove by seems to have alt more Ram trucks now than in a while.