Snowmobile Show cancelled

Christy

The Boat Show will be the next to cancel.   Pride Marine has already bailed on it for this year.   It will be tough to get exhibitors back after a couple years off.  

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, scottyr said:

The Boat Show will be the next to cancel.   Pride Marine has already bailed on it for this year.   It will be tough to get exhibitors back after a couple years off.  

I think you are right. With low inventory at dealers now, no reason to pay a few grand and time and energy it takes to go to a few shows a year. 

what a surprise.

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

I think you are right. With low inventory at dealers now, no reason to pay a few grand and time and energy it takes to go to a few shows a year. 

The guys at Pride told me that their TO Boat Show budget is just over $1M.   With no inventory available, why bother?

Disappointing 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the Toronto show being cancelled. 

Enjoyed seeing oc.com members at the show, planning trips, in some years meeting new people from the forum.

Tourism's important. Although this indoor show is cancelled, I don't think this is a sign of things ahead for sledding. The 'District Health unit' concept has to go. Hwy 400 isn't closed where Toronto meets Vaughan nor further north at the Vaughan/Innisfil border, etc. Enjoyed cottage area riding last year, but it's time to (safely) unwind the sled and moi with a few trips further north.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Canuck said:

Sorry to hear about the Toronto show being cancelled. 

Enjoyed seeing oc.com members at the show, planning trips, in some years meeting new people from the forum.

Tourism's important. Although this indoor show is cancelled, I don't think this is a sign of things ahead for sledding. The 'District Health unit' concept has to go. Hwy 400 isn't closed where Toronto meets Vaughan nor further north at the Vaughan/Innisfil border, etc. Enjoyed cottage area riding last year, but it's time to (safely) unwind the sled and moi with a few trips further north.

I hope you're right.  Vaccine passports should replace last year's health unit boundary model.  It really becomes the responsibility of the province and the OFSC should be left alone to run normal operations.  They didn't run the Sept early early permit sales, so hopefully that's a sign of things to come.  In all honesty I wouldn't have went to a trade show this year.  Can't see that changing until my young kids can be vaccinated.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Why can't we use the prodigal vaccine passports at the show?. What a joke.

What a joke it is. I won’t name places but lately I’ve been to box stores where you can’t get into the isle because of the crowds and I’ve been working in areas of T.O where the streets are crammed with un masked people and I mean crowds and all is good but they still keep canceling things. 

If this year sledding season goes anything like last years bs about staying in your own health unit than something is definitely wrong.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, WinderFab said:

What a joke it is. I won’t name places but lately I’ve been to box stores where you can’t get into the isle because of the crowds and I’ve been working in areas of T.O where the streets are crammed with un masked people and I mean crowds and all is good but they still keep canceling things. 

If this year sledding season goes anything like last years bs about staying in your own health unit than something is definitely wrong.

Agreed %100 👍. Say what they want, I'm riding where I see fit...

Wait for it......those selfish & spoiled snowmobilers think the world revolves around them :)

It really is too bad about this, but given the premise for the show (outdoor enthusiasts), it is very odd that plans were not in the works a while ago to make it an outdoor show....perhaps there is more to the story...

8 hours ago, stoney said:

Wait for it......those selfish & spoiled snowmobilers think the world revolves around them :)

It really is too bad about this, but given the premise for the show (outdoor enthusiasts), it is very odd that plans were not in the works a while ago to make it an outdoor show....perhaps there is more to the story...

Vaccination passport rollout date is the issue...

A factor could be a lack of willing volunteers to operate the booths. Many are usually older and may have concerns.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, yamadan700 said:

A factor could be a lack of willing volunteers to operate the booths. Many are usually older and may have concerns.

Agreed, I know I was on the fence about whether I’d work the booth. I think the dealers are also short on sleds so they don’t need the show this year really. 

8 minutes ago, yamadan700 said:

Aren’t most of the booths run by businesses, so likely paid?

Not all of course, so that is another factor no doubt. 

I also think people in general are still very reluctant to get invested in these things given the environment….. as a business there is an expense to a show that I think on a normal year did not have the greatest returns, likely worse now….or flip side could be great if you look at the spike in the market for the vehicles in this market. 

Just now, Christy said:

Agreed, I know I was on the fence about whether I’d work the booth. I think the dealers are also short on sleds so they don’t need the show this year really. 

Great point… product is selling itself, why have an expense :)

9 hours ago, stoney said:

How many super spreader BS snowmobile trips and gatherings caused massive covid spread last season?. Wait for it,  wait for it,  Anyone?????????. Yup....

I'm riding....

• Like 3