Have trailers skyrocketed in price?

scottyr

I bought a new 2021 "Action" 6x12 trailer last fall for $6000 + HST and at the time felt like I was paying a serious COVID tax on it but I really needed the trailer and just sucked it up and bought it.    I just happened to be on Action Trailers website and the IDENTICAL trailer is now $8164 + HST!!! 

https://actiontrailers.ca/shop/on-order/on-order-enclosed-cargo/on-order-aluminum-enclosed-cargo/on-order-atmt-aluminum-6-x-12-single-axle-cargo-trailer-with-ramp-door-package-blackout-package-and-side-access-door-with-flush-lock-serial-80120/

Same with Triton trailers.   I bought a new Elite PWC trailer in 2017 and admittedly, got a deal on it from my buddy but I paid $2300 + tax.    I had to pay $3500 for the same trailer last week.    

I see Bluewater Trailers has new TC167s on their website for $14K + HST.    I paid several thousand less for the same trailer with wall liners in December.    They want $16K for NEO V-Noses that were $13K last year.   

I know inventory is tight but this is getting ridiculous.    

Brother ordered a new trailer in the fall, arrived last week.

It went up %15 from when he ordered it, price was as ordered.

Sold his old trailer for more than he paid for it 3 years ago.

The market is loopy.

On 8/7/2021 at 7:54 AM, vooodooo said:

Pretty sad, no year given. why not tho, as stated dealer's sellin old stock for 15/20% more

I hope the high prices hold until just after mine sells!!

Now new trailer hurry up and get hear.

• Like 2

On 8/8/2021 at 10:51 AM, burndog said:

Pretty sad, no year given. why not tho, as stated dealer's sellin old stock for 15/20% more

Holy cr_p.. $5K and I thought mine (2004 Prototype) was only worth $3500. Mine is mint compared to that one. New hubs and wheels, floor coat of Thompsons again this year.

20210412_194044.jpg

20210409_162601.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cargo-utility-trailer/london/2022-triton-aluminum-tc167-series-7-x-16/m1929876

Over 14gs, um, ok.  Maybe I should list my '20 PR Triton 🤔....

Single axle 16x7? That just seems wrong. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, vooodooo said:

Single axle 16x7? That just seems wrong. 

It’s an amazing deal.   For Bluewater maybe?

With limited supply sitting in August maybe a desperate slender will buy.

At those price For 3 or 4 weekends north you could have your sled shipped there and back.

• Haha 1

I paid $10K + HST for my 2021 TC167 and I even have walls inside mine which I was told was a $600 option.   Its a nice trailer but I barely saw the value in it at $10K let alone $14K!

18 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I paid $10K + HST for my 2021 TC167 and I even have walls inside mine which I was told was a $600 option.   Its a nice trailer but I barely saw the value in it at $10K let alone $14K!

On website it is $5,000 more then similar Snopro trailer.   

Can they have $5,000 more of value in same size trailer build?

There is no way that I would pay $5K more for a Triton than a SnoPro if $14K is the new street price for a TC167.   The Triton is not a $5K better trailer.

2 hours ago, Sksman said:

It’s an amazing deal.   For Bluewater maybe?

With limited supply sitting in August maybe a desperate slender will buy.

At those price For 3 or 4 weekends north you could have your sled shipped there and back.

The price is what it is.

I was commenting on that size trailer and being a single axle.

From my eye it appears there would be no way to balance it to %10 tongue weight.

1 hour ago, vooodooo said:

The price is what it is.

I was commenting on that size trailer and being a single axle.

From my eye it appears there would be no way to balance it to %10 tongue weight.

Although I did like our TC-167, Imo, my XT 147, and my current '20 PR 147 tow extremely better, and are better balanced then the TC-167 ever was.  That thing was always tounge heavy when loaded. Triton does make a dual axle version of the TC-167, but what's the point.  Move up to a XT or a PR. I hated the short inside height also. Could never fully stand up. 

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Although I did like our TC-167, Imo, my XT 147, and my current '20 PR 147 tow extremely better, and are better balanced then the TC-167 ever was.  That thing was always tounge heavy when loaded. Triton does make a dual axle version of the TC-167, but what's the point.  Move up to a XT or a PR. I hated the short inside height also. Could never fully stand up. 

I fully agree about the headroom.   As a bigger guy I much prefer the taller height of the inline trailers.   And it’s nice when working on sleds.

4 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

That tongue heavy would be an issue, if you don’t have the right tow vehicle.

I have a long box crew 2500. Tongue weight isn’t really a problem.

Brother has an MDX. Quite a capable vehicle, AWD, 350 HP, lots of computers keeping the rubber side down.

I drove it, it is pretty sweet, as far as an suv goes….it ain’t a truck.

He had a 14x7 single axle with two sleds in it. 
Way too much tongue weight, on a soft suspension, meant for passenger comfort.

I think his new two axle, brakes on both will be much better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vooodooo said:

Brother has an MDX. Quite a capable vehicle, AWD, 350 HP, lots of computers keeping the rubber side down.

👍. I never had a issue with the setup, I just personally did not like the tounge weight.  Nothing against the trailer,  it served us well for the 3 seasons i had it.  The Triton XT and PR, are balanced much better. And as you said, if being used with a pickup,  most likely not a big issue, but much different if using a SUV, especially with independent rear suspension. 

11 hours ago, vooodooo said:

That surprises me. I use to pull a 5000 ib fibreglass boat 17 foot with a 2007 pilot. No issue there with tongue weight. Trailer had hydraulic surge breaks. Basically same vehicle as an mdx, just no lip stick 👍. Sounds like maybe new ones they ruined them. I had LT tires on pilot too, came standard with them. Don’t think that’s case anymore, either. Pilot, mdx and ridgeline are very similar. 

14 hours ago, vooodooo said:

I had the Mission hybrid single axle 16 x 7.5.   

When loaded with my Polaris Titan (big heavy) up front and an Artic Cat 4 stroke driven in behind it had a fair bit of tongue weight but the trailer pulled great with my Ram 1500.  No bounce or sway.  Very balanced.  We actually discussed how well it pulled many times while driving.

I like my Pace 14 x 7 with 5 ft V but have a new 18 plus v ordered and coming this fall.  I hate having to move stuff in trailer to load from front to fit 2 sleds.   Or carry less stuff.  

My wife has a 2020 Pilot and it tows my TC167 better than I thought it would considering it is a FWD biased vehicle.   That being said, I cant even tell its on the back with my F150.