Permit Prices

signfan

3 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Ofsc will get it cheaper no doubt. Dyed is still cheaper then regular gas. I am sure they would book some diesel a year in advance, so price might be locked in lower then current values are too, for a portion of annual fuel bill. 

I would be doubtful that they can use one or two suppliers province wide for fuel. The individual Districts pay for the fuel on their District's groomers I believe and depending on where the groomer is home based out of may also factor into who supplies the fuel.

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I would be doubtful that they can use one or two suppliers province wide for fuel. The individual Districts pay for the fuel on their District's groomers I believe and depending on where the groomer is home based out of may also factor into who supplies the fuel.

I know what you are saying. Imagine districts would book some fuel especially central and north regions. South might be to unpredictable to take advantage of it. Most times fuel is cheaper in winter anyways, then other times a year. Wouldn’t be smartest thing to do with current prices I suppose. 

• 8 months later...

QUEBEC PERMIT PRICES FOR 2022-2023 SEASON:

For those that don't read French well, early permit is$405.00,  After Dec. 9  $490.00,  sold on trail $800.00, antique $325.00,  rental sleds $610.00,  7 day permit $260.00, 1 day permit $85.00

quebec permits.png

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

QUEBEC PERMIT PRICES FOR 2022-2023 SEASON:

For those that don't read French well, early permit is$405.00,  After Dec. 9  $490.00,  sold on trail $800.00, antique $325.00,  rental sleds $610.00,  7 day permit $260.00, 1 day permit $85.00

quebec permits.png

Did the prices go up from the 2021/2022 season?

I think so since the 7-day I bought last year was $240.00 and now $260.00!

No messing around in QC......wonder what the ON one will be, I think the same since the increase needed to be put forward & approved last year if I am not mistaken.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stoney said:

Did the prices go up from the 2021/2022 season?

I think so since the 7-day I bought last year was $240.00 and now $260.00!

No messing around in QC......wonder what the ON one will be, I think the same since the increase needed to be put forward & approved last year if I am not mistaken.

$405.00 includes the insurance thought doesn't it?

29 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Yes all of the prices include insurance which you can get back.  With fuel I can't see how Ontario can't follow suit with an increase of $10 - $20.

50 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

18 minutes ago, signfan said:

Yes all of the prices include insurance which you can get back.  With fuel I can't see how Ontario can't follow suit with an increase of $10 - $20.

Correct, but as you know, Ins industry in QC is greatly different than ON!

I cannot recall how much you can get back if you claim it as a non QC resident - I am thinking around $40.00, but I am sure someone will correct me on that.

As for increase here, I agree that it should be an easy proposal given the price of gas/diesel, but unless it was tabled last year, I do not think it can happen for this season - MTO has to sign off on it.

• Like 1

$40 is pretty accurate for seasonal permits.  There is a rebate on three day and 7 days permits as well, but you have to  complete the paperwork when you purchase your permit.  I'm pretty sure OFSC has the ability to go to MTO in Sept right after AGM for increases.  It has been done in recent years.

1 hour ago, signfan said:

$40 is pretty accurate for seasonal permits.  There is a rebate on three day and 7 days permits as well, but you have to  complete the paperwork when you purchase your permit.  I'm pretty sure OFSC has the ability to go to MTO in Sept right after AGM for increases.  It has been done in recent years.

good the OFSC can, it just seemed in past it was already known by now for the upcoming season. 

4 hours ago, signfan said:

Sorry signfan but I believe the AGM vote is for the following year's permit prices. I just don't  think that in 2-3 weeks the government can do the approval let alone the OFSC  having everything in place for October 1st permit sales.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, signfan said:

You can only claim back the insurance rebate on full season permits now.   

4 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Sorry signfan but I believe the AGM vote is for the following year's permit prices. I just don't  think that in 2-3 weeks the government can do the approval let alone the OFSC  having everything in place for October 1st permit sales.

But they can add a fuel surcharge anytime to permit price I assume? That be a fair way to do it. Put surcharge on this year as a temporary increase to cover extra diesel fuel costs. 

23 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Things have changed, we have a better mechanism to quicker get things approved for permit fee structure. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Yukon said:

Things have changed, we have a better mechanism to quicker get things approved for permit fee structure. 

Thanks for the info. That is good to know and is the way it should always have been. Personally I have never agreed with the decision to get in bed with the MTO but that's another story. 

• Like 1

On 6/16/2022 at 2:42 PM, signfan said:

On 6/16/2022 at 10:11 PM, scottyr said:

You can only claim back the insurance rebate on full season permits now.   

And isn't there a processing fee so you won't get the full 40 back ?

10 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

I’ve always heard people talk about it, but has anyone actually claimed the rebate?

I personally never have or anyone I’ve rode with in QC. 

• Like 1

I havent bought a QC permit since 2020 but I got about $38 back in a cheque.    Every day you wait to apply for the rebate, the amount refunded decreases as well.    

• Like 1

10 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

Depends how you go about it.  If you elect not to pay the insurance cost at the time of purchase you get charged an admin fee of around $20.  End of story and you just pay about $20 less up front.  If you pay the full pop and then apply for the rebate (submitting a form and proof of other insurance coverage to intact) and wait you get the full refund which last year was just shy of $40.  A cheque eventually arrives several weeks after you apply for it.  You do need to apply right away.  If you wait it slowly gets cut back over time.  Last year we got full rebates back on two seasonal permits.  In years past I bought 3 day permits and got rebates back as well.  Not sure if the rebate is still available for 3 and 7 day permits or not.  I had heard it changed some.

• Thanks 1

On 6/18/2022 at 1:04 PM, scottyr said:

I havent bought a QC permit since 2020 but I got about $38 back in a cheque.    Every day you wait to apply for the rebate, the amount refunded decreases as well.    

My BIL had a seasonal foe 2020 and if I remember he said he paid for the permit and applied for the rebate at the same time   When the permit arrived a check arrived as well      I was looking permit information over for 2022 and thats where I noticed the processing fee and it looked like after that you got maybe 20 bucks or so back   

Enbridge just cranked up our natural gas rates from 20 cents a cubic meter to 31 cents a cubic meter. Effective July 1. Was Only 10 cents a cubic meter before pandemic started. Going to be a rough winter for many folks with all fuels being very pricey. Wonder what effective going to have on snowmobiling this winter. Everyone going to be broke from Boating this summer. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Enbridge just cranked up our natural gas rates from 20 cents a cubic meter to 31 cents a cubic meter. Effective July 1. Was Only 10 cents a cubic meter before pandemic started. Going to be a rough winter for many folks with all fuels being very pricey. Wonder what effective going to have on snowmobiling this winter. Everyone going to be broke from Boating this summer. 

Everyone will be broke from living.

4 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Boating is a choice not a necessity and at our marina/park last weekend, there were many boats that would normally be in the water now that are still dry. The launch ramp is way down on usage as even the fishermen aren't too plentiful.

• Sad 1

Be interesting to see what happens this winter. Looking forward to some more riding this winter. Hopefully a better local season this year. Since using trailer ain’t going to be cheap unless I break the bank and get that new gm diesel I have been eying 😎
Ofsc will need about 75 more per permit to cover extra diesel and higher maintenance , parts costs??? Insurance might be going up too.  I pay 100 more this winter if it means better trails do to regular grooming.

Surely they can’t do same old and raise it 10 bucks this time??  

6 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

I recall seeing that piece of info a week or so ago. 
I’m pretty sure rates usually go up slightly in the summer with demand dropping off a fair amount, not this much though, and usually drops come the cold season. 
Its is also a double whammy since we are now paying more carbon tax too….

43 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Be interesting to see what happens this winter. Looking forward to some more riding this winter. Hopefully a better local season this year. Since using trailer ain’t going to be cheap unless I break the bank and get that new gm diesel I have been eying 😎
Ofsc will need about 75 more per permit to cover extra diesel and higher maintenance , parts costs??? Insurance might be going up too.  I pay 100 more this winter if it means better trails do to regular grooming.

Surely they can’t do same old and raise it 10 bucks this time??  

so spend 60k+ on a new truck to offset the extra fuel costs of towing a trailer…..sounds about right. 
on that same mindset, might as well buy a new sled that is more fuel efficient so you can ride more….

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1