Permit Prices

signfan

On 8/10/2021 at 7:20 PM, 1049 said:

I filled my dyed diesel two weeks ago it was 93 cents plus HST . Groomer would probably use 25 to 30 litres per hour 

That’s pretty close my last fill was 88 cents too. Ofsc ie districts would have some buying power as well and I am sure they book fuel ahead at an x price for some of seasons fuel too. Winter diesel has less energy in it too. I always try to fill tank one more time in September before they start switch to lighter winter diesel. 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2021 at 7:32 PM, vooodooo said:

Real world lol, I run the groomer, it and it’s fuel supply is at my place.

2015 Prinoth with an 18 foot mogul master drag.

250L of diesel on board, in a main tank and a rear mount feeder tank.

it depends on snow conditions a bit, but it burns about 20L per hour.

On a good day, our trails, that fuel load can do 120 km of trail.

It is not always enough fuel for one of our runs.

We have some local sledders that go to a next door clubs fuel supply and supply me cans of diesel, at their home, to top up, so we can continue and do more trail…if they didn’t It might end poorly…groomer out of fuel.

Been close to sucking air, haven’t run out yet thanks to volunteers.

Thank-you! I figured range would be abit higher then that, cold and lighter diesel does increae fuel consumption. Blowing snow use  tractors use fuel too. Average fuel use on some of these newer tractors is close to 3.0 gallons an hour plus def. 

telehandlers are amazing on fuel for what they do. Just got a new one a few years ago and it runs about 6 hours on 5 gallons of diesel and no def, on that engine. It was just under horsepower limit for it.  

When you buy your snowmobile trail permit for the upcoming season, it will cost you $5.00 more than last year.

It’s the first time in three years that the Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs has raised the price.  CEO Ryan Eickmeier says the number of permits sold last year increased by about 15%.

“And the increased demand on the trail network obviously demands increased grooming, increased infrastructure and trail maintenance,” he adds.

Those three years without an increase occurred while costs kept climbing.

“We’re conservatively looking at about a $400,000 in revenue as a result of the permit increase,” Eickmeier outlines, “and all of that money has already been committed back into the trail network.”

OFSC members are responsible for 30,000 km of trails.  That’s roughly three-quarters of the way around the Equator.

NEW TRAIL PERMIT PRICES

• Seasonal Permit (model year 2000 or newer)
    • Purchased prior to November 2, 2021: $195
    • Purchased November 2, 2021 to December 1, 2021: $225
    • December 2, 2021 onwards: $275.
  • Classic Permit (model year 1999 or older)
    • Purchased prior to November 2, 2021: $155
    • Purchased November 2, 2021 to December 1, 2021: $155
    • December 2, 2021 onwards: $185

59 minutes ago, Sledguy74 said:

When you buy your snowmobile trail permit for the upcoming season, it will cost you $5.00 more than last year.

It’s the first time in three years that the Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs has raised the price.  CEO Ryan Eickmeier says the number of permits sold last year increased by about 15%.

“And the increased demand on the trail network obviously demands increased grooming, increased infrastructure and trail maintenance,” he adds.

“We’re conservatively looking at about a $400,000 in revenue as a result of the permit increase,” Eickmeier outlines, “and all of that money has already been committed back into the trail network.”

OFSC members are responsible for 30,000 km of trails.  That’s roughly three-quarters of the way around the Equator.

NEW TRAIL PERMIT PRICES

$5.00 whole dollars..................first one to complain gets banned.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, LuvMyViper said:

Who set the new price? Doctor Evil?

We will increase it $5. Hehehehe

As I understand it, the MTO has last say on permit pricing. They seem to be frugal only when it comes to sled permit pricing.

6 hours ago, Sledguy74 said:

NEW TRAIL PERMIT PRICES

Or all the way around the 49th..... :icon_slap2:

Sure would be nice to know by Holloweenie time whether the bridge will be open or not.

I'm guessing not, but - if it were to open, I would like to git my permit early.

11 hours ago, Sledguy74 said:

We’re conservatively looking at about a $400,000 in revenue as a result of the permit increase,”

From the comment above and the price increase being $5.00 it would seem that he was "conservatively" figuring 80,000 permit sales.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2021 at 9:22 PM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Possibly but newer groomers I believe means Tier 4 emissions. My experience with diesel emissions is that more doesn't necessarily mean better fuel economy.

Our 2022 tractor running a Detroit 15 liter burns about 35l per 100km southern ont to man border, 30 in the prairies,  with 45k lbs in the box. An old school cat would be at least 50 % more. New tech is all about burning less fuel.

35 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

From the comment above and the price increase being $5.00 it would seem that he was "conservatively" figuring 80,000 permit sales.

Thats being very conservative, but not the end goal...

5 hours ago, Ox said:

Or all the way around the 49th..... :icon_slap2:

Sure would be nice to know by Holloweenie time whether the bridge will be open or not.

I'm guessing not, but - if it were to open, I would like to git my permit early.

the bridge is open. be fully vaccinated for 14 days, negative test within 72 hours of crossing. download and use the Arrive Can ap to enter your trip info, go through the border, like normal.just a few extra hoops. Ski

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zoso said:

Our 2022 tractor running a Detroit 15 liter burns about 35l per 100km southern ont to man border, 30 in the prairies,  with 45k lbs in the box. An old school cat would be at least 50 % more. New tech is all about burning less fuel.

Thats good enonomy on your new truck however old school Cats(3406's at least) were more about power than economy and old school Cats didn't survive to 2010  emission levels.  

I think a fairer comparison might be your new 15 litre Detroit compared to a 2005 era Detroit for economy?

;

13 hours ago, skidooboy said:

the bridge is open. be fully vaccinated for 14 days, negative test within 72 hours of crossing. download and use the Arrive Can ap to enter your trip info, go through the border, like normal.just a few extra hoops. Ski

Great info. Thanks. 

Heads up re: air travel, 'tho. News reports of up to 3 hrs. wait time in line ( or on plane, at gate ) upon arrival for internationalflights.  Covid screening adds a speed bump at the airport,  they say. 

• 2 weeks later...

membership sales up by 15%  last/this yr.  and 2.6 pt. cost increase this year looks pretty dandy to me

1 hour ago, burndog said:

membership sales up by 15%  last/this yr.  and 2.6 pt. cost increase this year looks pretty dandy to me

The only unknowns are this years permit sales number and how much the expenses will have increased this year. I'm guessing  the expenses will be more than 2.6% increase.

25 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

The only unknowns are this years permit sales number and how much the expenses will have increased this year. I'm guessing  the expenses will be more than 2.6% increase.

Probably just based on the steady increase in fuel costs.  Diesel is currently the same price as regular.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2021 at 12:03 PM, gobills said:

Probably just based on the steady increase in fuel costs.  Diesel is currently the same price as regular.

Ofsc will get it cheaper no doubt. Dyed is still cheaper then regular gas. I am sure they would book some diesel a year in advance, so price might be locked in lower then current values are too, for a portion of annual fuel bill. 

On 9/25/2021 at 12:03 PM, gobills said:

Fuel will no doubt be an increasing costs but there will be others. Parts like everything else will likely be more expensive if you can get them. Parts availability has been an issue in almost all fronts. If parts aren't available when needed then there will be more costs moving groomers around to cover the breakdown areas.

On 9/7/2021 at 10:02 PM, Strong Farmer said:

I wait and buy it at full price again to help out ofsc. That way I don’t have to pay for it until I ride again. That works for me 👍

I do that for at least one of my Permits