Polaris Axys Mirrors?

pete/ny

Need to put a set of mirrors on my 2017 Axys and can only find the Polaris ones that bolt onto the hood.I am told by some that if your a taller rider these mirrors get blocked by the handlebar and the brake and throttle controls. Anyone else find a better aftermarket mirror for these sleds? Thanks in advance.

Edited by pete/ny

Save your money and use the the mirror that goes on your glove or Mitt. 
if u use hand guards or muffs you won’t  be able to see around them. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, pete/ny said:

Need to put a set of mirrors on my 2017 Axys and can only find the Polaris ones that bolt onto the hood.I am told by some that if your a taller rider these mirrors get blocked by the handlebar and the brake and throttle controls. Anyone else find a better aftermarket mirror for these sleds? Thanks in advance.

I've had no issues seeing behind me and I'm 6'2.

Factory mirrors on a 2018

I have factory mirrors on my 2019 Titan no issues seeing behind or around bars.   A little more difficult with muffs on but possible.   

On my 2020 Assault I added aftermarket handgaurds with the mirrors added.   Mostly for blocking wind.  

If you do venture into Quebec keep in mind mirrors must be solid mounted on sled.  Hand mirrors do not count.  

If you are looking for something legal in Quebec,  go on Amazon and get a pair of replacement motorcycle mirrors.  There are pairs that come with a split black cast aluminum handlebar mount.  The mirror stalk screws into the mount.  The mount clamps around standard 7/8" diameter bars.  I mounted them just inside of the brake and throttle blocks.

I believe the pair I bought for my sled was $20.  Many styles to choose from.  They all come from Wuhan.

Since then, there are two more sleds in our group with the same Wuhan mirrors.  The guy with the Doo won't put anything on his sled and he did get hastled in Quebec with his wrist mirror.  His logic was when he has hold on the handlebar, the mirror is affixed to the sled. He never did admit if he got a ticket in the mail or not.

Pictures available if you want to see them.

I’ve used the hand mirrors for years, except the last couple since I somehow melted mine. Always worked well enough and never had issues with them (or custom numbers….lol) in Quebec, maybe lucky or we were just a nice bunch of guys when we ran into the QPP a few times 😃

• Like 1

Thanks to all that replied.I will check them all out and seeing I have handguards don't think the Polaris OEM will work.I do see that coming in the Fall Polaris has a pair of mirrors that fir

t on the side of the hood but just says for the Matrix sled, no mention of anthing new for the Ayxss.

11 hours ago, pete/ny said:

Thanks to all that replied.I will check them all out and seeing I have handguards don't think the Polaris OEM will work.I do see that coming in the Fall Polaris has a pair of mirrors that fir

t on the side of the hood but just says for the Matrix sled, no mention of anthing new for the Ayxss.

Do you have handgaurds?  You can add a set of Powermadd Sentinel (I think) handgaurds and add the mirror kit.    Depends if your looking for handgaurds also.

But if riding with big windshield I would say Polaris mirrors are best.  

I put the Factory Axys mirrors on my 18 Pro X 800 and my dads 20 Indy 850.   They work great UNLESS you run muffs or handguards and then they are pretty much useless.    

1652F556-F24E-45A3-9643-1D5705D9DBBF.thumb.jpeg.8c9af341b7c0d6fc745c3224277c075b.jpeg