WANTED: Triton Enclosed Clamshell Trailer

Hi All, hoping someone on here is looking to sell their newer (ideally 2010 or newer) Triton 2-up clamshell trailer. 

Please reach out to me directly via email with what you have, and am willing to drive anywhere in Ontario to pick up. 

Email: Scott.campbs@gmail.com 

Edited by ScottyCampbs

Welcome aboard. Good luck with your search.

Welcome aboard, I will reach out to Paul M who is the Triton Distributor for Ontario and see if he knows of any for sale and let you know.

• Like 1

Hi Nunz, appreciate the reply and referral to Paul M. 

Already inquired on that trailer above and it is sold pending pick up. Not a lot of inventory currently out there with the off-season, but may connect with someone looking to sell before the season kicks off. 

57 minutes ago, ScottyCampbs said:

Hi Nunz, appreciate the reply and referral to Paul M. 

Already inquired on that trailer above and it is sold pending pick up. Not a lot of inventory currently out there with the off-season, but may connect with someone looking to sell before the season kicks off. 

I heard back from Paul and he has 9 others looking for the same trailer presently, I’ll keep my eyes open for you. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Welcome aboard.  Finding good used Tritons nowadays is a tuff thing to do. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.  Best of luck in your search.  

And at the recent resale prices, it really makes a new purchase an easier pill to swallow. 

one of the great thing things with forums is lots of folks will offer up their stuff here first before kijiji route!

3 minutes ago, stoney said:

And at the recent resale prices, it really makes a new purchase an easier pill to swallow. 

one of the great thing things with forums is lots of folks will offer up their stuff here first before kijiji route!

Oh yes. Have you seen prices of Tritons lately?. I'd ask darn near full pop for my '20 PR147 if I was to sell it.  Try and order a new one, and actually get it?. 

1 minute ago, Turbo Doo said:

Oh yes. Have you seen prices of Tritons lately?. I'd ask darn near full pop for my '20 PR147 if I was to sell it.  Try and order a new one, and actually get it?. 

Definitely a crap shoot…. overpay on used, that you’ll get or buy new, that might miss the boat. 

56 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

The thing is,  there's people out there willing to pay too. 

I suppose one of the good side effects of the last 12+ months, people seem to have money…..

Makes me wonder though if all that extra cash is from folks cashing in on that new found home equity. 

2 minutes ago, stoney said:

I suppose one of the good side effects of the last 12+ months, people seem to have money…..

Makes me wonder though if all that extra cash is from folks cashing in on that new found home equity. 

Lots of tax money flowing freely to many also.

3 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Lots of tax money flowing freely to many also.

Ya, but I just can’t see that being enough to support the kind of spending or money people are dropping on these things, but I don’t have any first hand experience either to really comment on that with any confidence, thankfully. 

3 minutes ago, stoney said:

Ya, but I just can’t see that being enough to support the kind of spending or money people are dropping on these things, but I don’t have any first hand experience either to really comment on that with any confidence, thankfully. 

Agreed. Same here. 

Tough to nail down the cause of this hubris. The 'roaring 20's' followed WW1. That made sense. This sh*tshow is an economic frankenstorm - government largesse , the generational wealth transfer that many contemplated; the inability to make discretionary expenditures for 18 months (restaurants, travel, entertainment). 

Yoots don't seem to need or want to work. I went to Canadian Tire, Rona and Home Depot in Parry Sound recently and EVERY PERSON (but one) who worked in the aisles (not cashiers) was 60 years of age or older. Quite helpful, but the demographic was surprising. Yoots must have a few bucks, aren't working.

Anyhow, in hindsight, powersports were cheap. 4 years ago you could buy a leftover Arctic Cat 7000 for $10,000. And they'd finance it at no interest. That made no sense.  I didn't price this years sleds, so no comment. Similarly, happy with my boat, but doo wish I pulled the trigger on a vessel at the January 2020 boat show. Again, it was 'cheap' - I knew it then and I know it now.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

So you will take cash for it, if someone was to knock on door wanting to buy it?

I never got my ferries mower as you know. I would never buy a cub cadet to mow 6 acres. That be suicide. 

Edited by Strong Farmer
  • Confused 2

On 7/31/2021 at 12:09 PM, Strong Farmer said:

So you will take cash for it, if someone was to knock on door wanting to buy it?

I never got my ferries mower as you know. I would never buy a cub cadet to mow 6 acres. That be suicide. 

Man you gotta let go of the Ferris deal lol.  What about a hustler ?  No nothing about them but the name is cool :lmao:

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Man you gotta let go of the Ferris deal lol.  What about a hustler ?  No nothing about them but the name is cool :lmao:

I got Ferris not model I ordered but from a different dealer. 800 isx same as I ordered but with 61” deck and efi big block 27 Briggs engine. Nice unit. Can cut get 6 acres in just under 4 hours and I have lots of trees to go around.  That use to be an 8 to 10

hour job. I call it my turbo wheel chair 👍. Just turned 30 hours in 5 weeks. Got stuck once live and learn. Had to yank it out with compact tractor.This is pic after I pulled it out. Stuck right down to deck, sank like a rock. 

5CEF7235-792C-4C72-87C4-B6D5FB85B036.jpeg

• Like 3

On 7/30/2021 at 3:26 PM, ScottyCampbs said:

Hi All, hoping someone on here is looking to sell their newer (ideally 2010 or newer) Triton 2-up clamshell trailer. 

Please reach out to me directly via email with what you have, and am willing to drive anywhere in Ontario to pick up. 

Email: Scott.campbs@gmail.com 

@ScottyCampbs, here's an ad from kijiji...Better then a clamshell imo....

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-atv-snowmobile-other/owen-sound/2018-triton-118-enclosed-snowmobile-trailer/1579130821

• 2 weeks later...

Word I got in the Spring from Reinhart trailers was that Triton had opted to not deliver Clamshell trailers this year, and only deliver enclosed "box" trailers. I don't know if that has changed, but I don't see any new Triton clamshells anywhere.

And since it looks like I can get the new REN in mine, mine stays with me.

Keep in mind that the big advantage of the box trailer is not having to clean all the snow of the roof, just to open the clamshell.

Good luck.

@ScottyCampbs

just found this 2010

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile/kingston-on/snowmobile-trailer/1580537975

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You may have already heard or know, the demand for powersports equipment is off the chart. COVID is preventing people from traveling to winter destinations who are now looking for other winter time fun. Add that to the raw material shortages and you'll notice huge price increases/shortages due to increase in demand.  Used trailers are going for record pricing as with new.

Ontario trailer retailers are no longer guaranteeing pricing on ordered trailers as the manufacturers are not holding their prices.  I know an owner of a big dealer near London an these are unprecedented times.  Massive demand +shortage of raw materials = huge price increases on both new and used.  

I ordered a 24' enclosed last march, when I took delivery in early sept. I had to pay $1300 more and the new retail on the same trailer went up over $4k.  If Triton is not shipping sno caps, its likely that they are putting their materials into the more lucrative models.

Therefore, if you find something, grab it! 

FYI, I'll have a 7x16 enclosed showing up in the classified in a couple of weeks. :)

20210123_114357.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

I know you are looking for a Triton and I don’t blame you. My 716 is great.

My buddy has two available in two weeks if anyone is interested. A 2016 7x16 Miska with only about 450 kms and a 2020 7x14 Discovery all aluminum with 75 kms. He bought them for storage so they are like new. Located in Azilda. Pm me and I can give you his contact info if you are interested. I believe he wants 10k and 13k 

• 2 months later...

In case anybody is still looking for a Triton clamshell trailer

image.png

• Like 1