Landowner gift ideas?

Christy

This is what we did this year. The local Home Hardware added $10 each on top of what we paid which is awesome. 

What did your club do? Any creative ideas? Anything landowners loved in the past? 

77FCEA61-47E5-4E82-9F0D-D686E87EA8D7.jpeg

Edited by Christy
  • Like 4

The back. 

image.jpg

• Like 9

Have any of you been in a club that did a landowner dinner-non covid times? I like the idea of it but I honestly don’t think most would come. Chesley Club does it successfully I think. 

1 hour ago, Christy said:

Have any of you been in a club that did a landowner dinner-non covid times? I like the idea of it but I honestly don’t think most would come. Chesley Club does it successfully I think. 

Baden club use to do that before covid. Nithvalley snow surfers. If you had some connections you could probabily get some sponsored food too, in exchange for advertisement. Maple lodge would be one company you could approach.

• Like 1

Good gesture and near cash is always golden!  Federation still taken care of business.

On 7/1/2021 at 7:45 AM, Christy said:

Ellice Swampers would do a pork chop BBQ on the same weekend as there poker run.  All landowners were eligible for a couple of free tickets, and tickets were also available to the general public to purchase.  The dinner was both a fundraiser, and thank you at the same time.

• Like 2

I once received leather work gloves with ofsc logo. Nice memory - thought about sledding every time I put them on.

• Like 1

Seems like the new trendy gift is a branded Yeti coffee mug.  

Possibly throw in a Tim’s card with it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sksman said:

Seems like the new trendy gift is a branded Yeti coffee mug.  

Possibly throw in a Tim’s card with it.

Those can be pricey.

My brother has on with the Yamacat logo.

Over $60.

Thing better fill itself.

• Haha 1

Strathroy did a pancake breakfast at a local Maple syrup house for our landowners, until Covid.

Edited by Zertrider
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zertrider said:

Strathroy did a pancake breakfast at a local Maple syrup house for our landowners, until Covid.

That’s nice actually. Hopefully snowmobilers buy his syrup. I always try to buy syrup from land owners that have trails on thier properties. Good to give back. 

• Like 1

Ya landowner gifts have been an interesting topic. There was talk along time ago that maybe the landowners could get a tax credit from the province   not sure if they were thinking on the income tax side or property tax side  since that is the municipality.  It never happened. But my point sorta is that would it be possible that every land owner in the province gets the same gift ?  Like those gloves.  I know every club has different ideas and they probably work for them but I do hope that every landowner is visited every year and something can be given to them     

Edited by volunteer2
  • Like 3

On 7/6/2021 at 8:00 PM, volunteer2 said:

Ya landowner gifts have been an interesting topic. There was talk along time ago that maybe the landowners could get a tax credit from the province   not sure if they were thinking on the income tax side or property tax side  since that is the municipality.  It never happened. But my point sorta is that would it be possible that every land owner in the province gets the same gift ?  Like those gloves.  I know every club has different ideas and they probably work for them but I do hope that every landowner is visited every year and something can be given to them     

I know a lot of our neighbouring clubs don’t give them anything. Maybe once every few years but nothing consistently. 

• Sad 1

On 7/6/2021 at 8:00 PM, volunteer2 said:

Tax credit will never fly it seems. Would be a good idea though. Too bad they couldn’t take some of fuel tax that us snowmobilers pay and use that money to give tax credits back to land owners. Ofsc can’t even tap fuel tax to get trail maintenance funds either. 
Government  will say we damage road crossings with our carbides and studs and fuel tax needs to be used to repair damage. Vicious circle I guess. Maybe electric snowmobilers is answer to some of our problems, such as noise complaints. 

Clubs could do some sort of fund raiser (raffle etc) to raise money for the Land Owners. A Land Owners Appreciation Raffle comes to mind.

We raised tons of money through our hockey teams like that. Just a thought.

• Like 2