Triton vs Neo

signfan

Imo, both Maufactures are good. I am more biased to Triton. I've owned 4, and my current '20 PR147 is the nicest trailer I've owned.  Build quality can be a personal opinion thing sometimes,  but having owned 4 Tritons, I've never had any issues with any of our trailers, and think the Build quality of both are good. Price is a factor for some also. Neo is a cheaper priced trailer then a Triton,  and for some, the saying of you pay for what you get, comes into consideration also. It all comes down to personal opinion and preference imo.  I've been in a few Neos over the years at sled shows etc, and think they are a decent trailer,  I just like the Tritons a bit more. But, that's my opinion. Dealer support is something to consider also.

Neo is Miska. I have both and had a few.

The lower end Miska's were inexpensive. Miska also built Cramero. I have a Cramero dump trailer, it's a brick shiphouse.

Triton fit and finish is better, but nothing wrong with the neo.

My first trailer that I bought, which was an open car hauler, was from Miska.....it was very good and problem free for many years until I sold and bought enclosed.

I never needed support as it never had an issue.

6 hours ago, signfan said:

Does Neo run torsion axles or leaf springs?

Good question.  Some photos show spring axles, some show torsion, on their site. I'd rather have Torsion imo, for a sled trailer..All I see on their site is 'sprung ' axles. 

Edited by Turbo Doo

4 minutes ago, signfan said:

Yeah I'm thinking that is a key difference.  Are the torsion axles on your rig mounted right to the trailer frame?  Or are they mounted to a walking beam to dissipate load between both axles?

https://www.synthx.com/torsion-axle-walking-beam-suspension/

Not sure I would want that with an aluminum frame. It puts all the stress in one area of the frame on each side of the trailer. Also looks like it would mean the trailer frame would be further off the ground to accomodate the suspension.

The pictures they include show huge articulation on the  wheel. More than most would ever need on a snowmobile trailer. I think it would be more advantageous on a steel construction work/ dump trailer. 

Yeah I was always a big fan of torsion axles.  You start reading about the downsides of them in multi axle configurations though and it has me taking a second look.  With the weights involved in sled trailers its probably not a large issue, but something to consider.

2 hours ago, signfan said:

Yeah I'm thinking that is a key difference.  Are the torsion axles on your rig mounted right to the trailer frame?  Or are they mounted to a walking beam to dissipate load between both axles?

Yes, Triton mounts the axles directly to the frame. IMO, for sled trailers, torsion axles are the best. 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 9:35 AM, signfan said:

My tandem axle MUTS atv trailer uses a walking beam.   They sell it for off road capability and going over obstacles in the bush.  Works awesome in my application.   But no springs or suspension on axles.