UPGRADED FUEL OUTLET IN DUBREUILVILLE

21 hours ago, Sksman said:

I should go back to a gas truck so I have somewhere to dump the regular.

I never thought of buying regular after buying premium to get it all.  

I was was told by a Polaris mechanic about the leftover regular/ethanol fuel in the hose when buying premium.    Polaris tech told me buy premium but leave the sled fuel selector on regular fuel and you will get max engine life.

We need to go back to separate hoses for separate fuels.   

I agree but no gas station will do that today. Another issue is how do you even know electronic solenoid for fuel selector is working, could be stuck on regular for all we know. 
I remember a mechanic on here did some testing on boat fuels at his shop and called local gas station petro scam, after having customers high octane fuel containing ethanol. 
fuel selector knob on a snowmobile is stupid anyways. Sled ecu should be smart enough to reconinze fuel quality and time sled accordingly. Not sure if Polaris is still using those switches or not, today. 

On 6/26/2021 at 10:08 AM, skidooboy said:

that is probably the most wrong way to buy fuel. mid grade is probably the least purchased fuel out there. most people are too cheap to buy more than the cheapest. those that need premium for performance autos, lawn equipment etc... know the value of premium fuel and buy that. mid grade just sits. the thought is for a few pennies more, I can buy premium, or I save this much buying regular. your results may vary.

there are lots of premium fueled toys in Dubreuilville. fuel will be ordered and delivered as use dictates. they dont completely fill the tanks and wait for it to drain dry to refill. it is based on usage. Ski

That’s good to know. How often on average do you think fuel gets delivered there? 

Edited by Strong Farmer
  • Confused 1

How does mid grade fuel just sit when there is no tank for mid grade fuel ?

• Like 2

On 6/28/2021 at 7:38 AM, Strong Farmer said:

I agree but no gas station will do that today. Another issue is how do you even know electronic solenoid for fuel selector is working, could be stuck on regular for all we know. 
I remember a mechanic on here did some testing on boat fuels at his shop and called local gas station petro scam, after having customers high octane fuel containing ethanol. 
fuel selector knob on a snowmobile is stupid anyways. Sled ecu should be smart enough to reconinze fuel quality and time sled accordingly. Not sure if Polaris is still using those switches or not, today. 

Polaris has a setting in the display gauge for ethanol / non ethanol.