UPGRADED FUEL OUTLET IN DUBREUILVILLE

Reposted in FB by Groomeer Guy:

he CTRL2Market gas station upgrade is in full motion. Clean Fuel Canada is currently installing the new Card lock service station which will now offer Premium Gas, Unleaded Gas and Clear Diesel Fuel. The system will accept Debit, Credit and Fleet cards.

dub fuel.jpg

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Reposted in FB by Groomeer Guy:

he CTRL2Market gas station upgrade is in full motion. Clean Fuel Canada is currently installing the new Card lock service station which will now offer Premium Gas, Unleaded Gas and Clear Diesel Fuel. The system will accept Debit, Credit and Fleet cards.

dub fuel.jpg

Now we just need snow, and trails to open..Hopefully better then the old one...

20170227_145625.jpg

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Now we just need snow, and trails to open..Hopefully better then the old one...

20170227_145625.jpg

It looks very similar to the one in Elk Lake.

4 doors down from our place

Ski

• Like 2

Great news. I wonder if premium can be trusted as being fresh during early part of the season. That was always my worry in north and most times, I just buy mid grade for that reason. I know others carried octane boaster and just bought regular too. Imagine with all four strokes out there, more are buying premium fuel. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

that is probably the most wrong way to buy fuel. mid grade is probably the least purchased fuel out there. most people are too cheap to buy more than the cheapest. those that need premium for performance autos, lawn equipment etc... know the value of premium fuel and buy that. mid grade just sits. the thought is for a few pennies more, I can buy premium, or I save this much buying regular. your results may vary.

there are lots of premium fueled toys in Dubreuilville. fuel will be ordered and delivered as use dictates. they dont completely fill the tanks and wait for it to drain dry to refill. it is based on usage. Ski

• Like 3

How many times do you think Premium gets added to regular tanks or regular grade in premium?

It is ok to add premium to regular tanks but illegal to add regular to premium tanks for sale. 
We had a time that when we were purchasing premium, it was actually regular. I approached them on it and they denied it. Of course they have more money than I do so what was I going to do about it. 

25 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

It is ok to add premium to regular tanks but illegal to add regular to premium tanks for sale. 
We had a time that when we were purchasing premium, it was actually regular. I approached them on it and they denied it. Of course they have more money than I do so what was I going to do about it. 

I think Sksman was talking about a driver/delivery error but, there could be nefarious reasons as well. i wouldnt want to be the distributor, or retailer getting caught doing that, though. Ski

I always assumed that mid grade fuel was just premium and regular fuel being mixed to get a mid grade rating. Didn't know it was a separate tank.

2 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

I just hope the pay system is a bit user friendly.  

the last version was ok, and a lot better than the first version. I am assuming the newest version from a new owning entity, will be state of the art. like a Swipe, Pump, and GO, type card reader. Ski

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

I just hope the pay system is a bit user friendly.  

I just had Luc pump it for me, I provided the steaks! Worked like a charm..

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sksman said:

How many times do you think Premium gets added to regular tanks or regular grade in premium?

Back in my youth and working at a gas station the only difference between the tanks of Reg and Prem was the colour of the non lockable lid, which could be switched by someone during the night. This happened. There was no mid grade in those days.   I don't remember there even being locks on the tank sealers. So if a delivery driver just pulled up and used the colour of the lids to dump the loads the fuel types got mixed. We had a lot of  deliveries as we were close to the refinery and would get anything left in the tankers. I believe things are smarter now and there are locks on the tanks. I also remember seeing just lately a sticker on the fuel pump that indicate the mid grade was mixed at the pump

8 hours ago, skidooboy said:

that is probably the most wrong way to buy fuel. mid grade is probably the least purchased fuel out there. most people are too cheap to buy more than the cheapest. those that need premium for performance autos, lawn equipment etc... know the value of premium fuel and buy that. mid grade just sits. the thought is for a few pennies more, I can buy premium, or I save this much buying regular. your results may vary.

there are lots of premium fueled toys in Dubreuilville. fuel will be ordered and delivered as use dictates. they dont completely fill the tanks and wait for it to drain dry to refill. it is based on usage. Ski

I wonder if the newer above ground fuel tanks use the same remote readable gauges like the propane distributors use?

8 hours ago, skidooboy said:

I think Sksman was talking about a driver/delivery error but, there could be nefarious reasons as well. i wouldnt want to be the distributor, or retailer getting caught doing that, though. Ski

The only error in the case that I stated ski was that the fuel supplier wasn’t checking the additives that were supposed to be added to the premium fuel. Finally the chemical supplier asked why they had bought no additive in months. Busted but was that ever kept hush hush.

6 hours ago, skidooboy said:

the last version was ok, and a lot better than the first version. I am assuming the newest version from a new owning entity, will be state of the art. like a Swipe, Pump, and GO, type card reader. Ski

Here's hoping..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Muskoka Bill said:

Back in my youth and working at a gas station the only difference between the tanks of Reg and Prem was the colour of the non lockable lid, which could be switched by someone during the night. This happened. There was no mid grade in those days.   I don't remember there even being locks on the tank sealers. So if a delivery driver just pulled up and used the colour of the lids to dump the loads the fuel types got mixed. We had a lot of  deliveries as we were close to the refinery and would get anything left in the tankers. I believe things are smarter now and there are locks on the tanks. I also remember seeing just lately a sticker on the fuel pump that indicate the mid grade was mixed at the pump

Yes all mid grade gas in ontario is mixed at the pump. You have to be a math whiz before you push mid grade button though. 9 out of 10 times it is cheaper to buy half regular and half premium and do two transactions. I usually pump 5 L of premium into a can, then I get pure premium. Then at end I do another transaction for regular and pump remaining 5 L of premium out of hose. All combination pumps here mostly now using one hose. Hoses at  Costco probabily hold 8 L of fuel too. What a pita. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

2 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Yes all mid grade gas in ontario is mixed at the pump. You have to be a math whiz before you push mid grade button though. 9 out of 10 times it is cheaper to buy half regular and half premium and do two transactions. I usually pump 5 L of premium into a can, then I get pure premium. Then at end I do another transaction for regular and pump remaining 5 L of premium out of hose. All combination pumps here mostly now using one hose. Hoses at  Costco probabily hold 8 L of fuel too. What a pita. 

We have talked about this as well at the garage meetings.  Costco hoses are extra long   8 litres your thinking ?  We are thinking at least 2 litres for the Canadian Tire pumps. 

13 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

I should go back to a gas truck so I have somewhere to dump the regular.

I never thought of buying regular after buying premium to get it all.  

I was was told by a Polaris mechanic about the leftover regular/ethanol fuel in the hose when buying premium.    Polaris tech told me buy premium but leave the sled fuel selector on regular fuel and you will get max engine life.

We need to go back to separate hoses for separate fuels.   

I usually fill up the truck and then the small engine gas cans. That usually gets all the regular gas out of the pump and hoses although they really aren’t pumps. They are metering stations. For the dollar or so that I leave on the table because there is still some premium in the hose and metering station, I can’t be bothered by the nickels and dimes for the wasted time required to capture it all.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, catinental couch said:

I usually fill up the truck and then the small engine gas cans. That usually gets all the regular gas out of the pump and hoses although they really aren’t pumps. They are metering stations. For the dollar or so that I leave on the table because there is still some premium in the hose and metering station, I can’t be bothered by the nickels and dimes for the wasted time required to capture it all.

x2

• Like 1