Ski-Doo / 4-Stroke Must Haves

stoney

I suggest anyone considering getting a "start" battery consider purchasing a product that offers more than just a vehicle boost. I've been using the Antigravity products for several years and currently have the XP1 (lots of functionality, but the case is a bit big). At the hotel, I can use it to charge my phone, helmet cam, etc. Therefore, I only have to search for 1 outlet in the room to charge the battery while I'm sleeping.  They come with adapters for most/all phones, battery boost cables, and a Boost switch - which has turned over a Dodge RAM truck. Comes with AC and car charge connector.

I try and carry "kit" which serves more than 1 purpose, so having this to power almost anything I may bring along - it can even flash SOS on the flashlight. 

Micro Start XP-1.JPG

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Gadgetman said:

I suggest anyone considering getting a "start" battery consider purchasing a product that offers more than just a vehicle boost. I've been using the Antigravity products for several years and currently have the XP1 (lots of functionality, but the case is a bit big). At the hotel, I can use it to charge my phone, helmet cam, etc. Therefore, I only have to search for 1 outlet in the room to charge the battery while I'm sleeping.  They come with adapters for most/all phones, battery boost cables, and a Boost switch - which has turned over a Dodge RAM truck. Comes with AC and car charge connector.

I try and carry "kit" which serves more than 1 purpose, so having this to power almost anything I may bring along - it can even flash SOS on the flashlight. 

Micro Start XP-1.JPG

I have the same unit, plus they are a supporter of the OFSC

2 hours ago, Gadgetman said:

Micro Start XP-1.JPG

Looks very similar to the one that disappeared here. One more big search and I’ll give in and buy a new one. 

8 hours ago, Christy said:

Looks very similar to the one that disappeared here. One more big search and I’ll give in and buy a new one. 

Once you buy the new one the old one will turn up.  At least that is the way it works around here :icon_lolsign:

• Haha 1

On 8/19/2021 at 1:35 PM, Christy said:

Just keep good battery on the sled and you won’t need that jumper starter thing. I replace sled batteries every 3 years and use it in atv. Same battery 👍. Generator batteries get tossed out at four years too and I use them for emergency spares. Never had an issue with a dead sled battery and been riding electric start sleds since late 2000’s. I bring boaster cables but thankfully never needed them. Battery dies and is dead from a bad cell, boaster won’t help you anyways. 
I find they last another year or two in atv before they are toast. Batteries are only about 140 with tax. Keeping a good battery prevents stator from going bad too. It is all co-related. Cheers 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Just keep good battery on the sled and you won’t need that jumper starter thing. I replace sled batteries every 3 years and use it in atv. Same battery 👍. Generator batteries get tossed out at four years too and I use them for emergency spares. Never had an issue with a dead sled battery and been riding electric start sleds since late 2000’s. I bring boaster cables but thankfully never needed them. Battery dies and is dead from a bad cell, boaster won’t help you anyways. 
I find they last another year or two in atv before they are toast. Batteries are only about 140 with tax. Keeping a good battery prevents stator from going bad too. It is all co-related. Cheers 

Maybe that’s why it wandered off. I had issues a few years ago but was heading on a trip without my husband so despite his assurances that “I’d be fine” I grabbed a new battery for myself. Sold that sled last fall and have a new one now so that battery pack that I always had to have has been left somewhere and forgotten.