May Snow For TD

revrnd

3 hours ago, catinental couch said:

Usually in the fall it is rough. If there had been a lot of rain, it is really bad. When the loggers are coming with those big trucks in either direction, you are far better to give them right of way even if they don’t have it. I pull right over and nearly stop and let them go. In the cold of winter, the road is really good except when they have a thaw and a refreeze. Then the road is glare ice but smooth. You can still navigate it all right though. 
it is not a public road but the company allows the general public on it. That is why you get out of their way!

One of our trips through we were lucky enough to encounter that.....our truck into a rock wall and OPP coming out to do his report flipped his truck onto the roof on his way to us, then when another OPP finally made it to us, fell flat on his a$$ when he stepped out of his vehicle.

That road trip was a great one! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Thank the lord I snowchecked a Polaris 850 in a flavor, just in case Doo doesn't deliver. :roll::lol:

You might have three sleds by the time all is said and done!! Lots of variety for you and Mrs. TD to choose from!!! Lol 😁

8 hours ago, stoney said:

One of our trips through we were lucky enough to encounter that.....our truck into a rock wall and OPP coming out to do his report flipped his truck onto the roof on his way to us, then when another OPP finally made it to us, fell flat on his a$$ when he stepped out of his vehicle.

That road trip was a great one! 

I have been lucky. The worst I have done so far is get over too far to the right and the snowbank sucked me into the ditch. It was -40 that night though. Dam that was a cold night. 

I've traveled 144 100's if times for work and even the sultan road many times, never a problem.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, soupkids said:

I've traveled 144 100's if times for work and even the sultan road many times, never a problem.

I think if you drive to the conditions, any driver is good to go.

7 hours ago, catinental couch said:

I have been lucky. The worst I have done so far is get over too far to the right and the snowbank sucked me into the ditch. It was -40 that night though. Dam that was a cold night. 

That is the only time we had issues, but like you said, give the logging trucks their space.

It must have a been quick thaw and freeze the day before or maybe some freezing rain, it was crazy how fast we went sideways, zero time to react, even the guy behind us saw it all happen and he could not believe it......seeing the cruiser up side down and the officer fall down made us both feel better.

After we went back for a another vehicle and carried on again, zero issues.

The cruiser is rubber up, doo you still git a Failure to Control ticket?

31 minutes ago, Ox said:

The cruiser is rubber up, doo you still git a Failure to Control ticket?

Up Nord they call it Careless Driving  or  Dangerous Driving depending on how fancy you put her over LOL

• Like 1

144 strikes again!

May be an image of outdoors

Apparently just south of 101

3 hours ago, revrnd said:

144 strikes again!

May be an image of outdoors

Apparently just south of 101

Pretty much daily occurrence is it not?

4 hours ago, stoney said:

At least they look to be used vehicles vs. brand new!

I was thinking the same, the undersides look kind of grimy.

Trailered up to Timmins from rainy Suds three winters ago.  Snow storm on the last half.  I thought it was good road compared to the goat path it used to be.  Happy for the snow too.

Edited by Big Pussy

1 minute ago, Big Pussy said:

Trailered up to Timmins from rainy Suds two winters ago.  Snow storm on the last half.  I thought it was good road compared to the goat path it used to be.  Happy for the snow too.

Love / hate for the snow......could do without the storm until arrived at destination, trailer is parked and ready to ride.....than snow like crazy !

I am comfortable driving in snow - but I am not comfortable believing the others around me are lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, stoney said:

Love / hate for the snow......could do without the storm until arrived at destination, trailer is parked and ready to ride.....than snow like crazy !

I guess I am on the other side of that.

I want it done snowing when I unload.

I don't like to ride while it's snowing if I can help it.

On the other subject, I fully expect, and quite honestly _ appreciate _ "bad" weather roads when I go sledding.

Just part of the experience I guess?

I don't have a 6 place enclosed hooked behind my Suburban, and then bitch aboot the roads that I cannot run 115 klicks safely. (and doo it anyway)

(not that pulling a 30' enclosed behind a 'Burban in the summer is all THAT safe either)

[most always] I toss two sleds on the deck of my flatbed dually truck and I go anywhere.

If I can't git through, no-one else will either.

50 minutes ago, Ox said:

I guess I am on the other side of that.

I want it done snowing when I unload.

I don't like to ride while it's snowing if I can help it.

On the other subject, I fully expect, and quite honestly _ appreciate _ "bad" weather roads when I go sledding.

Just part of the experience I guess?

I don't have a 6 place enclosed hooked behind my Suburban, and then bitch aboot the roads that I cannot run 115 klicks safely. (and doo it anyway)

(not that pulling a 30' enclosed behind a 'Burban in the summer is all THAT safe either)

[most always] I toss two sleds on the deck of my flatbed dually truck and I go anywhere.

If I can't git through, no-one else will either.

Riding while snowing has it challenges too, never understood those that preferred to avoid it, but different strokes for different folks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

Trailered up to Timmins from rainy Suds three winters ago.  Snow storm on the last half.  I thought it was good road compared to the goat path it used to be.  Happy for the snow too.

I ran it in the 90s when friends lived in Timmins. Pavement was in great shape. Fast forward to a few years ago coming back during a camping loop towing my Rockwood. 101 to 144 & 144 pretty much to Cartier was in terrible shape. The last couple of times I've been to Halfway Lake they had been milling & paving.

And again, this time south of Gogama  @soupkids @Evil You 2 better head up there!

May be an image of road and tree

• Like 1

14 hours ago, revrnd said:

And again, this time south of Gogama  @soupkids @Evil You 2 better head up there!

Costly error there

20 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Costly error there

More expensive than a load of new pickups on a car hauler?