2022 Skidoo Production Starts

Turbo Doo

Well I had to make a change of plans last night.   I was speaking with my dealer and he told me not to expect my 22 600XRS until late Jan and offered to give me my deposit back.    In further conversation, I asked if anyone has bailed on their Spring Break deals and he said that a guy had just walked on his 22 MXZ850 with 1.5 and fancy gauge.    Good thing is that the sled was in stock and complete.   Bad thing is that is ends up being almost $3K more than the 600 I had ordered because of the gauge and track (and motor obviously).   I told him to set it aside for me as I cant take the chance of not even getting my machine until the 1st week of Feb.   

• Like 6

3 hours ago, scottyr said:

Well I had to make a change of plans last night.   I was speaking with my dealer and he told me not to expect my 22 600XRS until late Jan and offered to give me my deposit back.    In further conversation, I asked if anyone has bailed on their Spring Break deals and he said that a guy had just walked on his 22 MXZ850 with 1.5 and fancy gauge.    Good thing is that the sled was in stock and complete.   Bad thing is that is ends up being almost $3K more than the 600 I had ordered because of the gauge and track (and motor obviously).   I told him to set it aside for me as I cant take the chance of not even getting my machine until the 1st week of Feb.   

Salesman deserves a tip for the upsell!

lol - j/k - sounds like an okay turn-out

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

Salesman deserves a tip for the upsell!

lol - j/k - sounds like an okay turn-out

It will be ok, but I already have an 850 and was looking forward to trying the little 600 out.   The plan was for my dad to ride the 600 and I would keep my 21 850 for another season.   Now it looks like my dad will be getting my 21 850 and I will ride the 22.   

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, scottyr said:

It will be ok, but I already have an 850 and was looking forward to trying the little 600 out.   The plan was for my dad to ride the 600 and I would keep my 21 850 for another season.   Now it looks like my dad will be getting my 21 850 and I will ride the 22.   

I wish you were my son...:-) Last winter he was home on leave we were able to get a March ride in. He rode my 2013 power steering and I had to ride a borrowed 2010.. H'mm

20200308_151435 (2).jpg

1 minute ago, Gadgetman said:

I wish you were my son...:-)

Haha.   Truth is that my dad bought so much stuff for me inc sleds, trucks, dirt bikes etc... when I was growing up that this is just a chance to repay him.   It also works out in the wash as has a really nice 23ft bowrider at his cottage that he just leaves there for me to use.   

• Like 5

3 hours ago, scottyr said:

Taking one for the team I see - you are a good man / son !

Perhaps for your dad an upgrade from the POO he rode last year.......:coffeenose:... lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stoney said:

Taking one for the team I see - you are a good man / son !

Perhaps for your dad an upgrade from the POO he rode last year.......:coffeenose:... lol.

Yeah.   He really liked the Polaris last year but it is far easier for me to have 2 of the same brand of sleds.   The Indy was a great machine.   The Indy would blow the doors off the MXZ when you lined them up but the ride quality was way better on the Ski-Doo.   

• Like 3

Just picked up my Rene X 850 - first new Iron in my life. Can't wait to turn this beast loose.

BTW, machine was manufactured in September, has been sitting at dealer since early Oct. Gauge was missing, came in last week.

Props to everyone at Gateway. Great experience all around...

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

• Like 21

So.....I finally had the time to stop into my dealer to inquire with an update on my new ride with the expectation to receive a date on estimated delivery and go from there, however, when my sales guy tells me I think your sled is here & done because I have parts from it sitting on my desk with your name n it (from glove box install), I was totally shocked.

So we go for a walk around the dealership in search of it, no luck. Look a little harder and low and behold it is sitting in the other corner with my name on and a sign asking people to stay off - unit is sold!

Two things are missing - the operational DESS and  my 1+1 seat. Info dealer has is DESS will be next year.....1+1 seat late Jan/early Feb, so we see what happens, but things could be much worse.

Just snapped one picture, will take some more when she is home, later this week hopefully.

Turned into a great Monday!!!

IMG_2529.jpg

• Like 19
  • Haha 1

Congratulations Stoney. That's a nice looking ride !

Just curious as to whether it came equipped with Smart Shox...or did you bother with that option?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Congratulations Stoney. That's a nice looking ride !

Just curious as to whether it came equipped with Smart Shox...or did you bother with that option?

Thanks Blake.

I did not opt for the SS....truthfully was not thinking about the shortages when I did not pick that, more of something that may be more likely to break, first year possible hiccups, plus it was a costly option that I am not sure is worth it.....maybe down the road I will though. In hindsight, glad I did not go with them due the issues being dealt with surrounding that technology.

I did order mine I think within days of the spring check option and the dealer did mention while I was there to the guy that walked in literally right behind me with the same inquiry about the status of his sled, that what he was told was the orders are being processed wherever possible based on when the order was placed - which was nice to overhear as lots of people are suggesting dealers are not using that same principle. One of the other sales guy there even commented that his exact same sled as mine is not expected until late Jan...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stoney said:

So.....I finally had the time to stop into my dealer to inquire with an update on my new ride with the expectation to receive a date on estimated delivery and go from there, however, when my sales guy tells me I think your sled is here & done because I have parts from it sitting on my desk with your name n it (from glove box install), I was totally shocked.

So we go for a walk around the dealership in search of it, no luck. Look a little harder and low and behold it is sitting in the other corner with my name on and a sign asking people to stay off - unit is sold!

Two things are missing - the operational DESS and  my 1+1 seat. Info dealer has is DESS will be next year.....1+1 seat late Jan/early Feb, so we see what happens, but things could be much worse.

Just snapped one picture, will take some more when she is home, later this week hopefully.

Turned into a great Monday!!!

IMG_2529.jpg

Congrats @stoney

• Thanks 1

My buddies 900 Turbo X arrived at St Onge on Friday.   Only thing missing is DESS.    It can be picked up anytime.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

What are the guy's in Oshawa and Sudbury smoking these days !! Seems like a real fishing trip for them

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, stoney said:

orders are being processed wherever possible based on when the order was placed

Thats true. 

Congrats on the new snow chariot! 

• Thanks 1

My buddy priced one last spring and im pretty sure a mach z is close to $28g's out the door. Can someone confirm that?

So they got way better weed in Oshawa.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Would anyone be surprised if they do not go for that or close to it.....

People's sleds are not ready, Dec is a few days away, emotions are going to start flaring soon and desperate times, calls for desperate measures.....sledders are a different breed.

How many times have you heard stories of guys on trips having a major failure and buy a new sled sitting on the showroom floor at a local dealer.

• Like 2