2022 Skidoo Production Starts

Turbo Doo

2 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

I'm really seriously starting to get pissed off here. :argh:

Imagine how Mrs Turbo doo feels

• Like 2

I just heard this evening on ONN (Ohio News Network) that Intel and someone else (?) are looking to start construction on a $20B  (that's a "B") facility down in Columbus to manufacture computor chips.

I wonder if that means that the shortage issue will continue until that is up and running!

Will pick new sled up on Friday morning, great news. Interestingly found out you can't put Doo ice scratchers on a Mach

because of Smart Shock sensor placement I am told. We ride from house and have a kilometer or so of ice to cross before hooking up with trails so will have to see how this plays out. With the prevailing winds off the bay there is usually not a lot of snow cover.

I always stud and install any accessories myself, find it's a good way to become familiar with a new sled. Asked for tunnel protectors  but apparently they come standard, one less thing to doo!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

Will pick new sled up on Friday morning, great news. Interestingly found out you can't put Doo ice scratchers on a Mach

because of Smart Shock sensor placement I am told. We ride from house and have a kilometer or so of ice to cross before hooking up with trails so will have to see how this plays out. With the prevailing winds off the bay there is usually not a lot of snow cover.

I always stud and install any accessories myself, find it's a good way to become familiar with a new sled. Asked for tunnel protectors  but apparently they come standard, one less thing to doo!

I ran BRP tunnel mounts on my Cats.  Just had to make a mounting system on a plate and bolt it to the foot rests.  Can mount a little bit more forward and get better results.  Still use the hooks to hang them for storage. 
Buy ski hardware from Simmons Flexi Skis to make it easy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldslowsledder said:

@oldslowsledder,  YES, you can mount the Doo tunnel mount scratchers to a Mach Z...Watch Video please...This applies to all smart shocks equipped sleds..

• Thanks 2

Good grief, those are SO far back there! 

UGH!

6 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

@oldslowsledder,  YES, you can mount the Doo tunnel mount scratchers to a Mach Z...Watch Video please...

SATCH

Even if you mount just one side, it will probably take care of issues. 
I often just drop one side and it does a great job!

Looks fine to me!

I had bought an adjustable windshield and the deflectors for my X-RS and after receiving my new sled found they do not work together.  All the medium windshield kits with deflectors are sold out and on back order until end of February.  

Finally found a dealer in Wisconsin that told me they are putting high windshields on these sleds even though BRP says they will NOT work.  There is a combo of windshield, support, and deflectors that is now on my sled and I like it better than a medium for protection. 

You cannot run the hand guards which come on the machine and is why BRP says it won’t work. 

1A5ECD0C-8664-4652-AF35-D0D8411389CF.jpeg

2DA2471C-2292-457F-BB8D-2B24D31114B8.jpeg

EFD23899-0299-41CA-B1B2-BFAFE74610C8.jpeg

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, AC+YA said:

Looks fine to me!

I had bought an adjustable windshield and the deflectors for my X-RS and after receiving my new sled found they do not work together.  All the medium windshield kits with deflectors are sold out and on back order until end of February.  

Finally found a dealer in Wisconsin that told me they are putting high windshields on these sleds even though BRP says they will NOT work.  There is a combo of windshield, support, and deflectors that is now on my sled and I like it better than a medium for protection. 

You cannot run the hand guards which come on the machine and is why BRP says it won’t work. 

Looking good 👍.  There are some dealers around that have the medium windshield kit, but they are few and far between.  We have similar tastes.. same sled. 

20220113_140642.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AC+YA said:

Looks fine to me!

@AC+YA,Is that the high windshield or the ultra high windshield?. We have a high windshield on our 2021 Renny X, and the handguards are fine to keep on, and you can also use the Doo muffs with the handguards as well..Here's a pic of our 2021 Renny X with the high windshield and handguards and muffs..

20210314_124327.jpg

• Like 1

I just picked up a high windy for my 600R yesterday at Stonge. Probably not keeping the medium if someone needs it. Also have the stock one. Ac+ya that looks like the ultra high?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steve F6 said:

I just picked up a high windy for my 600R yesterday at Stonge. Probably not keeping the medium if someone needs it. Also have the stock one. Ac+ya that looks like the ultra high?

It is listed as “high” windshield. 
The glove box extension actually sticks up pretty high on its own, but I like wind protection so all good for me. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

@AC+YA,Is that the high windshield or the ultra high windshield?. We have a high windshield on our 2021 Renny X, and the handguards are fine to keep on, and you can also use the Doo muffs with the handguards as well..Here's a pic of our 2021 Renny X with the high windshield and handguards and muffs..

20210314_124327.jpg

I think that depending on the setting of the handle bars, there may be some interference when keeping the guards although turning the bars that much may only happen in a parking lot.  While riding trails I agree that there would not normally be any issues. 
Today I plan to add the mirrors. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

@oldslowsledder,  YES, you can mount the Doo tunnel mount scratchers to a Mach Z...Watch Video please...This applies to all smart shocks equipped sleds..

That's great, thanks so much, I will be picking up a set and installing. Going to see if I can put a little bend in the right side upon installation to clear that sensor  👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AC+YA said:

I think that depending on the setting of the handle bars, there may be some interference when keeping the guards although turning the bars that much may only happen in a parking lot.  While riding trails I agree that there would not normally be any issues. 
Today I plan to add the mirrors. 

Same thinking here.  With the adjustable riser in the most forward position,  it may touch, but we never ride with it that far forward. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldslowsledder said:

That's great, thanks so much, I will be picking up a set and installing. Going to see if I can put a little bend in the right side upon installation to clear that sensor  👍

Keep us posted of how the install goes. Side note,  when mounting the hangers, make sure you have the removable carbide tip installed on the scratcher, so to insure proper alignment and positioning of the hanger..

A pic of my '21 XRS 900T from last season..

Screenshot_20220122-130605_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2

Fixed riser, left and right steering all the way with high windshield, muffs and hand guards. 

6EF9CE85-710A-4223-A152-0F20397DE001.jpeg

61DCE0AD-77B2-461F-85A6-78E54340BA30.jpeg

• Like 3

I just got the call that my 600XRS has left Valcourt today.    Hopefully it arrives in Barrie this week.

• Like 7

On 1/22/2022 at 9:42 AM, oldslowsledder said:

Here is my mock-up (not actual bolts) of installing the Qual Pieces Ice Scratcher on a REN X. Looks like on the MAch you can do this on one side, as I'm trying to use existing holes. The block I downsize the bolt to 8MM from 3/8, no drilling. The front I will only have to enlarge about 1mm for the main mounting bolt, and then drill the smaller anti-rotation bolt hole. (I saw someone mention using a plate under the running board. I don't think this are long enough to do that, but will have a look tonight.

It will likely bulge a bit like it did on my Vector - but I'm ok with that. Installing 1 on the right side this time.

20220123_154429.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

For those waiting like us. At least ours hasn't even left Valcourt yet....

271765093_10166704180315112_2353128477627307165_n.jpg

Am I reading that correctly? Dealer has had Mrs Turbo Doo's sled since October? And didn't know? Lost track?