2022 Skidoo Production Starts

Turbo Doo

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

The adjustable one is going on Evan's sled TD as well as a set of ski wheels.

FYI, the Qualipieces wheels kits were just recalled yesterday and a stop sale order was put on them.    

18 minutes ago, scottyr said:

FYI, the Qualipieces wheels kits were just recalled yesterday and a stop sale order was put on them.    

Thank you, I will pass that along.

There was at least one med-high adjustable windshield in stock at Northland Recreation yesterday morning.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blake G said:

There was at least one med-high adjustable windshield in stock at Northland Recreation yesterday morning.

Hands off, that's  probably for my Mach.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Hands off, that's  probably for my Mach.

😄 You're welcome to it!

They brought it in with deflectors etc for my xrs, but I decided to transfer my used stuff from the 2020......

20220103_103321.jpg

....which I'll be selling without a windshield. 

20211231_121938.jpg

• Like 4

On 1/3/2022 at 9:37 AM, scottyr said:

Not trying to be Negative Ned, but with the lack of snow in the forecast for 90% of Ontario and the delays on sled arrivals, at what point to guys start to bail on their Spring Break/Check deals?   I hate to say it, but I am not as excited to get my new unbuilt sled as I was a month ago.    

Our luck could change today. Forecasting high winds and a cold front to sweep across Lake Huron sometime this afternoon. Winds up to 110

km/hr are going to bring in snow in land. I wouldn’t be surprised to see 2” an hour develop in squalls this afternoon. Hopefully Mitchell area gets some. Hoping you get burried and I can come ride by your place while you are shoveling out 😎
Hopefully we get some snow or going to be allot of ofsc gift cards for sale 🤣

Wonder if he would sell just the smart shocks. Maybe a module or two as well. 😜 🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Talked to my dealer today.   He said Smart Shox'ed XRSs are showing up any day but Mach Z Smart Shox are not expected to arrive at BRP until late Jan / Early Feb.     The Mach uses a different shock than the XRS does (shorter).   

6 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Our luck could change today. Forecasting high winds and a cold front to sweep across Lake Huron sometime this afternoon. Winds up to 110

km/hr are going to bring in snow in land. I wouldn’t be surprised to see 2” an hour develop in squalls this afternoon. Hopefully Mitchell area gets some. Hoping you get burried and I can come ride by your place while you are shoveling out 😎
Hopefully we get some snow or going to be allot of ofsc gift cards for sale 🤣

At today's winds, that lake effect may end up falling in QB in stead.

Called the dealer last week about my REN X, He said it was in. Assy this week, pick-up next week. (Forgot to ask how much was missing!)

Called today to get an update, and determine how much Scotch to drink tonight, missing parts- lots of Scotch, complete - lots of Scotch :-).

He just finished putting it together, only missing part is the DESS chip. Pick-up next week. Lots of Scotch!!!

REN X, 1.5 Ice, Standard display, Remote Adjust. SN is 16. they installed the Block heater, Linq Q and USB outlet.

Eastern On Dealer

20220107_153613.jpg

20220107_153601.jpg

• Like 16

Block heater?

On a snowmachine?

36 minutes ago, Ox said:

Block heater?

On a snowmachine?

4S in the extreme cold, yes - it is a popular option, seemed to be more common on the Yamaha's though.

I chose to buy a jump starter should I run into a weak or dead battery for any cold morning starts that are an issue.

• Like 1

One of the riding buddies cannot pull his 800 XRS fast enough to start when at -28c.  He has to rip the hair dryer of the motel wall and doo the routine.

Us 1049 guys just plug in our Kats pad heaters (50 watts each) the night before and turn the key in the morning.  Wind up the extension cord and go.  No need to dis-assemble the sled or rape the hair dryer.

• Like 2

Well, back when you could actually get to the spark plugs, you could pull the plugs in the morning and whip it over a few times or so with the choke on, and then put the plugs back in and likely fire next pull. IDK what to doo with these new things?

I installed a secondary recoil on my e-start sled tho! (2str)

After watching the 4st guys on cold mornings at Halfway, I decided that if I had that set-up, that me and a buddy should set them up so that you could pull off of both batts to get the first sled running, and then doo the other.

Also - take the batts inside if at all possible if it's that cold.

The thought of heading out into the bush on a machine that won't start in the cold just doesn't sound  like a good plan to me.

I s'pose if you are running busy trails near home - that's a horse of a differn't colour, but ...

What's a 1049?

Is that the M8/F8 motor?

Or is that a newer Yamahahahaha motor?

Best thing I ever did was install a Kat heater on my ZR 7000 Thanks BP!

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ox said:

Well, back when you could actually get to the spark plugs, you could pull the plugs in the morning and whip it over a few times or so with the choke on, and then put the plugs back in and likely fire next pull. IDK what to doo with these new things?

I installed a secondary recoil on my e-start sled tho! (2str)

After watching the 4st guys on cold mornings at Halfway, I decided that if I had that set-up, that me and a buddy should set them up so that you could pull off of both batts to get the first sled running, and then doo the other.

Also - take the batts inside if at all possible if it's that cold.

The thought of heading out into the bush on a machine that won't start in the cold just doesn't sound  like a good plan to me.

I s'pose if you are running busy trails near home - that's a horse of a differn't colour, but ...

What's a 1049?

Is that the M8/F8 motor?

Or is that a newer Yamahahahaha motor?

1049 cc triple 4 stroke Yamaha engine.  There is no way it could be started with a rope wrapped around the clutch.  The battery and the starter is just too small to crank that engine colder than -25c.  Heating the block around the main bearing area with 1 or 2 50w Kats heating pads works wonders.

• Like 1