2022 Skidoo Production Starts

Turbo Doo

On 12/31/2021 at 2:22 PM, Blake G said:

Screenshot_20211231-192403_Samsung Internet.jpg

Congratulations on the new sled!

Tell me more about this Ontario riders forum? Is it new?

• Haha 1

On 12/31/2021 at 3:54 PM, Turbo Doo said:

One immediate thing I noticed,  is the initial clutch engagement/rpms is noticeably higher then my '21 and '20 Renny 900 Turbos....:evil2:

I can’t compare obviously, but the throttle and response seem very nice. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stoney said:

I can’t compare obviously, but the throttle and response seem very nice. 

Moving the new Doo, out of the trailer into the garage this afternoon,  I am having mixed feelings about it. I really personally enjoyed the ITC on the last 2 900 Turbos, and @Mrs Turbo Doo 2018 Blizzard 900, buy it could just be me itching to go riding. I'll get a good feel soon enough.  The clutch/belt engagement is alot higher then the previous 2 900 Turbos  that's for sure. Also, I'm not %100 sure with the electronic reverse.  I had that on my 2018 and my 2019 Mxz X 850s and previous Enduro and GSX, But the reverse engagement is definitely "engaging", once you press the reverse button to activate it. 

Possibly just my OCD coming out...

RER on a 4 stroke?

I'd like to see how that's done! 

OK, so it's a std shifting gearbox, but with high tech gadgetry to cost more and go bad - so's we don't have to shift the lever by hand?

Just like our truck's transfer cases! :soapbox:

I'd personally rather have twin stick shifters like I built for my NP203 35 yrs ago.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ox said:

OK, so it's a std shifting gearbox, but with high tech gadgetry to cost more and go bad - so's we don't have to shift the lever by hand?

I'd personally rather have twin stick shifters like I built for my NP203 35 yrs ago.

With any luck the worm is steel and the worm wheel is brass and not plastic like the Saturn window regulator motor used on YamaCats.  I never had a problem using the pull/push hand lever.  I was also smart enough not to change direction while moving.

Looks like the output of the actuator is a crank to pivot the bellcrank and operate a standard chaincase fork.

5 minutes ago, Ox said:

Press a button and presto.  I personally did not mind the mechanical reverse,  but do enjoy the luxury once in a while. I've personally not had any issues with the electronic reverse,  but my F.I.L had a servo motor failure on a GSX 1200 once in Rouyn Noranda getting gas, servo motor failed trying to put the sled in reverse. Luckily it never went into reverse and we could continue riding the sled. It will be a small task if the electronic reverse ever sticks in reverse to get the gear to pop out, so you can continue riding.  But I've seen it done trail side..

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Moving the new Doo, out of the trailer into the garage this afternoon,  I am having mixed feelings about it. I really personally enjoyed the ITC on the last 2 900 Turbos, and @Mrs Turbo Doo 2018 Blizzard 900, buy it could just be me itching to go riding. I'll get a good feel soon enough.  The clutch/belt engagement is alot higher then the previous 2 900 Turbos  that's for sure. Also, I'm not %100 sure with the electronic reverse.  I had that on my 2018 and my 2019 Mxz X 850s and previous Enduro and GSX, But the reverse engagement is definitely "engaging", once you press the reverse button to activate it. 

Possibly just my OCD coming out...

The 850 would have been engine reverse with the electronic reverse button.

I have had all three over the years - manual handle reverse, electronic reverse with a button using an actuator and the engine reverse.....plus again now the electronic reverse with an actuator on the 900T.

The 2022 900T looks like they use a wiper motor as the actuator - if it fails, looks like you remove linkage to make it manual in a pinch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stoney said:

The 850 would have been engine reverse with the electronic reverse button.

I have had all three over the years - manual handle reverse, electronic reverse with a button using an actuator and the engine reverse.....plus again now the electronic reverse with an actuator on the 900T.

The 2022 900T looks like they use a wiper motor as the actuator - if it fails, looks like you remove linkage to make it manual in a pinch.

It looks like that.  I've never had issue with the 1200's that had the electric reverse,  so here's hoping. Yes forgot to mention that the 850s technically just has the engine reversing..

Also forgot,  I did have the reverse actuator rods adjusted in Kap, at the doo dealer Raxfin once, on my 2020 Renny X 900 Turbo. The mechanical hand lever, when trying to pull it into reverse,  was grinding the gears when putting the sled into reverse one trip, and Raxfin did a little adjustment and the issue was solved.  

11 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

It looks like that.  I've never had issue with the 1200's that had the electric reverse,  so here's hoping. Yes forgot to mention that the 850s technically just has the engine reversing..

I have not had issues to date either - knock on wood. But I have been with people that have and there was no fixing it trailside so a tow was in order.

Truthfully, I actually do not use my reverse much, backing out of the trailer & maybe parking the sled at hotel or restaurant, but usually just slide the rear or ski around by hand.....might be a harder task with a 4s and another year older....:rotflmao:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, stoney said:

I have not had issues to date either - knock on wood. But I have been with people that have and there was no fixing it trailside so a tow was in order.

Truthfully, I actually do not use my reverse much, backing out of the trailer & maybe parking the sled at hotel or restaurant, but usually just slide the rear or ski around by hand.....might be a harder task with a 4s and another year older....:rotflmao:

Same here. Backing out of trailer,  Backing up to a room for the night etc. So here's hoping it's issue free...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Turbo Doo said:

I am very lucky mine is home. Praying real hard for @Mrs Turbo Doo '22 900 Turbo R comes soon...

You're praying...I am going crazy but Mr @Turbo Doo is driving me nuts. Better to let him go then pace a whole in the floor.  When mine comes in he can dog sit and I just won't get off mine till the snow melts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Mrs Turbo Doo said:

You're praying...I am going crazy but Mr @Turbo Doo is driving me nuts. Better to let him go then pace a whole in the floor.  When mine comes in he can dog sit and I just won't get off mine till the snow melts.

Sounds like you need to purchase some Naptime and use it on Mr. Turbo Doo when required or til the trails open :)

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, LuvMyViper said:

Sounds like you need to purchase some Naptime and use it on Mr. Turbo Doo when required or til the trails open :)

Just now, Turbo Doo said:

Yah, that's probably how I am, eh @Mrs Turbo Doo...

@LuvMyViper yep I definitely need some of that.  Can you rush and send me some ASAP!

@Turbo Doo at least you recognize this is needed...haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2