2022 Skidoo Production Starts

Turbo Doo

7 hours ago, Gadgetman said:

Anyone have the CYT Trunk Bag on their BRP? I'm thinking about this bag, modified a bit. A couple of pockets up top, with at least one of those having some MOLLE straps to add a small bag. Seem to come in different colors. I would also want the inside a bright color and I'm also interested some side bag(s) that buckle on for the week trip.

Wondering if anyone has used their kit?

Thanks

https://www.cytnorth.ca/trunk-bags/

CYT North BagB.JPG

I have 2 of the CYT bags on BRP sleds . Over 20k  combined kms. I don't use the linq brackets as tie downs , have the turn button type. Had them custom made with 2 separate compartments on top. Ample room for what I need and want on a 6 day excursion .They get double duty as l also use them when l work out of town . Only problem torn strap which CYT repaired N .C. From my experience these units are good quality and value. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, coldfinger said:

I have 2 of the CYT bags on BRP sleds . Over 20k  combined kms. I don't use the linq brackets as tie downs , have the turn button type. Had them custom made with 2 separate compartments on top. Ample room for what I need and want on a 6 day excursion .They get double duty as l also use them when l work out of town . Only problem torn strap which CYT repaired N .C. From my experience these units are good quality and value. 

What I thought. Two positive recommendations is good with me. Thank you. 

17 hours ago, stoney said:

Any perks regarding this matter being an ambassador?

No perks we get them when the factory releases them. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nunz said:

No perks we get them when the factory releases them. 

That’s too bad. 
I know people won’t like to hear that and would likely cause some negative remarks, but I think if you are going that far to represent the manufacturer, they should do a little extra for ya. 

So finally took apart part some of the sled to get familiar with things. 
These doos are put together real nice, well thought out!
Once you take all the plastics off, there is actually more room in there than you think. 
Lots of space around the intercooler. 
Adjusted the handlebars and controls to what I think I’ll like. 

Removed a bunch of extra stickers I’d rather not have. 
Trail pass installed - I placed it on the glove box extension behind windscreen. 
Also fixed the wrong install the dealer did on the glove box/cell phone holder. 
Surprised to see ski alignment was good though. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, stoney said:

Once you take all the plastics off, there is actually more room in there than you think. 

Trail pass installed - I placed it on the glove box extension behind windscreen. 

Welcome to Doo ownership.  It only gets better from here...:icon_steer:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, stoney said:

Did you happen to try taking the air box off?

On my '18 it could possibly be easier to just pull the motor!

On 12/11/2021 at 10:52 PM, Gadgetman said:

What I thought. Two positive recommendations is good with me. Thank you. 

I used CYT bags on my XR.  Good bags, no issues.   I had them customized to add a little more space at the top and asked for the CYT stitching not be done.   Very flexible people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Ox said:

Did you happen to try taking the air box off?

On my '18 it could possibly be easier to just pull the motor!

Lol, no I didn’t go that far with my tear down.

But, given it’s location and if I had too, I’d first remove the tower brace on that same side and maybe gas tank to get access to it. 

Yep and yep!

Well, I was wanting to add a left handed throttle, but in a much more professional way than the Goldfinger.

(Those are a HUGE liability IM/HO if you ride in the trees)

But - once I got in there, I found the mices had decided that my wires to my gas tank were tasty. The wires for the gauge were severed, and the ones to the pump motor were bared. So I got that fixed, and ran out of time to work on the throttle, so I had to stuff it back together as was.

In the end tho - it was good that I was in there and saw the issue rather than have the bare wires short out 5 klicks into a ride 18 hrs from home!

So I will likely have it back apart again - hopefully soon, to finish the job that I went in to doo in the first place.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ox said:

Well, I was wanting to add a left handed throttle, but in a much more professional way than the Goldfinger.

(Those are a HUGE liability IM/HO if you ride in the trees)

But - once I got in there, I found the mices had decided that my wires to my gas tank were tasty. The wires for the gauge were severed, and the ones to the pump motor were bared. So I got that fixed, and ran out of time to work on the throttle, so I had to stuff it back together as was.

In the end tho - it was good that I was in there and saw the issue rather than have the bare wires short out 5 klicks into a ride 18 hrs from home!

So I will likely have it back apart again - hopefully soon, to finish the job that I went in to doo in the first place.

Well that sucks - pesky mice!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Smoking the good stuff

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Turbo Doo said:

Well. Got word today that there's a crate on a truck with my name on in. That's 1 down,  and 1 to go.  Soon, soon....:icon_steer:

that is a Christmas miracle for you! hopefully the second follows soon. Ski

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

that is a Christmas miracle for you! hopefully the second follows soon. Ski

6 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

I was just about to say that @skidooboy.  And of course it's mine that's on the truck, @Mrs Turbo Doo is the 1 to go....I better tread lightly around the house...

It will be a really Christmas miracle if mine comes before February @skidooboy. At least @Turbo Doo will stop pacing a hole in the floor and can start :icon_steer:the trails once we get more snow :icon_munching:

• Haha 1

I wouldnt... I would be dancing a jig, flaunting it. :evil2::poke2::icon_slap2: let me know how that works out for you. I cant remember what I just typed, after I woke up on the floor with a frying pan next to me. darn concussions. :crazy: Ski 

• Like 2

shhhhhh, there she is. :baghead: Ski

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

get your sleds, come up, we will have snow to break them in. no groomed trails but, we know enough of the area to have lots of riding. Ski

• Like 2